IGNORED

Vanity handicapper!

hipcheck4u
Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess that is possible to be a single digit handicap and never have had an eagle. But I'm a 20-21 on most courses I play and have had several eagles over the years. Most were on par 5s but a couple on par 4s. Never have had a hole in one however.

Butch

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone can play bad. my last 7 scores are
92??

in my 92 i duffed chips and shanked drives like what?!?! point is anyone can play bad, if your having a bad day or are dehydrated or something you can play bad

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

anyone can play bad. my last 7 scores are

Today I shot my first round over 90 (94) since late Feb.....I was hung over like hell. The reason the handicap goes down is becasue of consistency. Some days its just not there, but these kind of days dont happen as often as they used to.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess that is possible to be a single digit handicap and never have had an eagle. But I'm a 20-21 on most courses I play and have had several eagles over the years. Most were on par 5s but a couple on par 4s. Never have had a hole in one however.

Trust me, it is VERY possible!

In my opinion, no friggin way......

Well, think about it unless you can drive a par four or make a par 5 in two, an eagle is just as hard as a hole one. For people that play from the tips both of these are really hard. On my course just about no1 can make an eagle because the shortest par 4 from the tips is 350. And the shortest par 5 is 550, so unless you can drive over 330 with accuracy good luck.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

i have played roughly 200 rounds in the last 3 years since i took on golf as full hobby, i played maybe 50 or 60 rounds in the 10 years before that. Granted i am a marginal single digit with a current index of 8.4 but I am still waiting....lipped a couple putts, had several approaches bang the stick or mark the hole within inches of cup, i had one that almost jared the cup but banged off stick....but still waiting.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

i have played roughly 200 rounds in the last 3 years since i took on golf as full hobby, i played maybe 50 or 60 rounds in the 10 years before that. Granted i am a marginal single digit with a current index of 8.4 but I am still waiting....lipped a couple putts, had several approaches bang the stick or mark the hole within inches of cup, i had one that almost jared the cup but banged off stick....but still waiting.

ya now that i think of it, i dont think i have an eagle this year yet. i have planty on my lifetime but none this year

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

I'm a single digit (my profile isn't updated) and have never had an eagle since I started playing seriously again last year. The courses I play just don't have any really reachable par 5s and there's only one driveable par 4 in my regular circuit. I've had one or two eagle putts but they weren't really realistic opportunities.

To those of you who regularly find yourself staring at an eagle putt - either you are a true monster or it may be time to move back one set of tees. I know scoring well is fun but driver/wedge every hole has to get a little repetitive!

ya now that i think of it, i dont think i have an eagle this year yet. i have planty on my lifetime but none this year

Me either - a few two putt birdies and short up and downs for birdie, but no eagles in 2010.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I have never had one :( I've had a few chances, and a few close calls ( inches from hole-ing out from the fairway 0 but never had one.

Had a relatively easy 15 foot putt on Sunday for eagle, but I didn;t wanna slam it by, so I hit it like a Nancy and left a tap in birdie.

It's a relatively easy par 5. 515 yards, but you can cut it in half if you can drive a bunker which is around 240 out. I had an 8 iron in after me tee shot, just didn;t get it close enough. That hole is an easy eagle though.

Sean, have you played beaver Dam?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

This topic is right up there with how far is your average drive.
There's a lot of ego that goes with this game.

I seen this in a similar previous thread on this topic.

I good way to silence the " vanity 'capper " is to play them
a round at their stated handicap, provided you're not 'that guy' either :)

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

With regard to the eagle putt... I can only count on two hands in which i one-putted for eagle.., thats about 14 years of golfing.. So thats probably less than 1 a year in the eagle department. I can see were someone hasn't gotten one. Not to mention, he might be a natural. I know a few guys who just pick up a club and can play really well, some are just like that. My cousin is pretty good, he's played basketball for 10 years or so, highschool and through college. So once he got a few months under him in golf he plays really well. Just a natural athlete.

I wouldn't judge someone..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

With regard to the eagle putt... I can only count on two hands in which i one-putted for eagle.., thats about 14 years of golfing.. So thats probably less than 1 a year in the eagle department. I can see were someone hasn't gotten one. Not to mention, he might be a natural. I know a few guys who just pick up a club and can play really well, some are just like that. My cousin is pretty good, he's played basketball for 10 years or so, highschool and through college. So once he got a few months under him in golf he plays really well. Just a natural athlete.

Some eagles are more impressive than others. Holing out from the fairway leads to a round of high fives. Cutting the corner, getting close with mid-iron, then pouring in the putt feels really good, but doesn't get anybody fired up. I'd guess that better players would likely have more of the boring kind on their resume.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Nothing is as good as striping a drive, hitting it on the green and one putting for eagle.

Holing it from the fairway is fun, but making eagles like pro's make eagles are the best. Thats when you know you put three good shots together like you imagined them to go. Thats the best.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Nothing is as good as striping a drive, hitting it on the green and one putting for eagle.

Agreed. Having a 'perfect' hole. I love that feeling.

I agree - that's my preference too. I'm just saying, the gallery seem to get more out of the flukey kind.

I agree - that's my preference too. I'm just saying, the gallery seem to get more out of the flukey kind.

Hey...but perfect holes are a fluke...for me at least

I'm a single digit (my profile isn't updated) and have never had an eagle since I started playing seriously again last year. The courses I play just don't have any really reachable par 5s and there's only one driveable par 4 in my regular circuit. I've had one or two eagle putts but they weren't really realistic opportunities.

Why must it be driver - wedge? My home course has 2 par 5's which are just barely reachable for me with 2 really good shots... driver - 3 wood (and I rarely even get the chance... usually have to lay up instead). For the rest I generally use almost every club in my bag... par 4 holes range from a short of 340 to a long of 430... and those are all from the middle tees. I have to hit a monster drive to play

any hole driver - wedge. Yet I still get that occasional chance for an eagle... I don't see anything wrong with how I'm playing or with the tees I hit from. Maybe it's you who is playing too far back????

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!