IGNORED

Vanity handicapper!

hipcheck4u
Note: This thread is 5056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hmmm... I would kind of prefer stuff like "par-DB-birdie-par-par-bogey-bogey-birdie-par"

I don't know man, I like your consistency. I make a lot of birdies, and double bogeys. It's interesting, but not always fun. A typical night for me in my league is something like this: bogey, par, birdie, double, triple, birdie, par, bogey, par. One night I had 3 birdies and shot 44. LOL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even make a lot of birdies... I maintain my handicap by simply being a par machine. Haven't had a double bogey since May 30th.

I played 36 holes last Sunday - I had seven birdies, six bogeys, two doubles, and an 11 on a par 5.

I can do without the eleven.

Is that your way of calling bullsh++?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Is that your way of calling bullsh++?

Nay. That is my way of saying without the eleven, I would prefer a round similar to that opposed to my normal par-barrage.

Nay. That is my way of saying without the eleven, I would prefer a round similar to that opposed to my normal par-barrage.

Sorry, I assumed any reply to that 36 hole roller coaster would be to question it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm all over the place too.

My last round front nine was bogey, par, bogey, bogey, birdie, bogey, par, triple, bogey

Par 3's make my game interesting

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I tend to be an unintentional vanity handicapper. For most rounds with people I don't know, the rest of my group can generally see that I'm a decent player despite the occasional (or consecutive!) flubbed shot. The people that know golf can usually guess my index within a point or two by the 6th or 7th hole. (it just dropped below 8 after last weekend by the way - hooray!)

That said, it never fails that if somebody I don't know asks my handicap before we start a round (waiting on the first tee, etc.), those are the days that I invariably end up fighting just to avoid triple digits!

Listen, everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) has blow-up rounds. It's a whole lot easier to judge a persons potential by his swing rather then to judge him by 1 lousy round. My last 7 rounds go something like this.

(71.4 / 129)

It's a pretty heavy accusation calling out somebody that you only played 1 round with.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Listen, everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) has blow-up rounds. It's a whole lot easier to judge a persons potential by his swing rather then to judge him by 1 lousy round. My last 7 rounds go something like this.

Now I don't feel so bad when I have a bad round. Of course mine is a much higher score, but I thought you would be a lot more consistent.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Now I don't feel so bad when I have a bad round. Of course mine is a much higher score, but I thought you would be a lot more consistent.

Hell, you never know what frame of mind the guy was in. I am going through a divorce and had a million thoughts going through my head the day I shot that score…. Nobody is immune to mental blocks and everybody will suffer from a lack of focus at some point in their playing career.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Hell, you never know what frame of mind the guy was in. I am going through a divorce and had a million thoughts going through my head the day I shot that score…. Nobody is immune to mental blocks and everybody will suffer from a lack of focus at some point in their playing career.

Sorry to hear about your pending divorce. My condolences. It must suck big time having to go through that.

Don

It is kinda silly to frame a player based on one round. Good or bad. Ive shot scores of 85 or higher 4 times this season.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

My brother's going though some marital issues right now and it's obvously affecting ever other aspect of his life. We tried golfing last weekend and he didn't have the energy to finish the front 9. It may sound lame, but we're praying for ya buddy.

You know, that is why I think Tiger Woods placing 4th in both of the majors this year makes it that much more impressive. I don't know how he can concentrate with all that personal distractions.

And those who say Tiger is no longer the "old Tiger", I his placing 4th in both majors so far proves he still is the same Tiger. Once he gets her personal life in order, I think he will be as dominant as ever.

Don

Been there done that, I don't wish divorce on my worst enemy. Be patient, it can take a long time depending on which family court you've got and especially if you have kids.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Well I feel a heck of a lot better about my s&itty; golf. My last 3 rounds have been horrid and I swear I used to be able to play too half bogey golf pretty consistantly.

Brian

My buddy is a 2 handicap and he shot an 88 yesterday. He was fighting a nasty hook and hit several into the water - this easily adds up. If I had his game yesterday, I would have been 100+ and I'm trying hard to break 90 lol!

I'm with an earlier poster who said vanity handicappers are only hurting themselves.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note: This thread is 5056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!