IGNORED

Night golf...

TN94z
Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got a call from my cousin asking me to play in a 4 man scramble with them this afternoon. We start at 5:30, play the first 9 in daylight, eat dinner, and then play the last 9 in the dark with glow in the dark balls. Anyone ever done this? I have actually never play with a glow in the dark ball, but it sounded like fun. It's just 50.00. You can't beat that for 18 holes with a cart and dinner and a chance to win prizes I don't think

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did it last year. It was fun. The one i did had the fairways and greens lined with glow sticks and the pin had a big glow thing on it. The hardest part is actually putting, you dont really have any depth perception. I wouldn't use your regular driver with those balls, either. If you have a backup, use that.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I did it last year. It was fun. The one i did had the fairways and greens lined with glow sticks and the pin had a big glow thing on it. The hardest part is actually putting, you dont really have any depth perception. I wouldn't use your regular driver with those balls, either. If you have a backup, use that.

Really? What would it do to the driver? I have a good back up. I just haven't hit it in a year.

Bryan A

probably solid core balls and made of much more durable materials than regular golf balls. I imagine they could crack a driver face.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Really? What would it do to the driver? I have a good back up. I just haven't hit it in a year.

Those glow balls are literally rocks. I wouldn't be surprised if hitting them might dent or crack your driver if you swing hard enough.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Those glow balls are literally rocks. I wouldn't be surprised if hitting them might dent or crack your driver if you swing hard enough.

They aren't perfectly round either. Maybe the one glow-in-the-dark ball I have is an anomaly but the slots where the glow stick go in aren't flush with the rest of the face.

I doubt they would crack a driver face though, they are just like range balls.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

That sounds like a blast. Have fun.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

I've done it before. It was kinda cool for the experience but those glow in the dark balls are nothing like regular golf balls.

Thanks for the info guys. I will for sure use my back up driver just in case.

Bryan A

I've read that those balls are pretty hard and I've also read of a few people cracking their driver face because of them, now whether these are myths or not I couldn't tell you... That sounds like an awesome evening outing though! I'd definitely want to try that out eventually. Any idea as to what I should search/look for if I wanna find a package like that (although I live in the Montreal area)? I know of at least one night golf course in Laval, but I definitely wouldn't have dinner there! :P

Cheers and have fun!

I've read that those balls are pretty hard and I've also read of a few people cracking their driver face because of them, now whether these are myths or not I couldn't tell you... That sounds like an awesome evening outing though! I'd definitely want to try that out eventually. Any idea as to what I should search/look for if I wanna find a package like that (although I live in the Montreal area)? I know of at least one night golf course in Laval, but I definitely wouldn't have dinner there! :P

I have no clue!! This is the first time I have played in anything like this. My cousin just called me up and ask me to join in. He called it a twilight scramble. Maybe you could look for "twilight golf" or something. It will be fun to say the least...especially with the guys I am playing with.

Bryan A

Our club does that once a year. Since this is my first year in this club, it will be my first time ever playing night golf. They put tiki torches out along the fairways, glow sticks in the holes and other points along the course. Same as was mentioned... play the first 9 in the evening, eat, and then the back nine in the dark. You can only use a light to get from where you hit the ball to where you will hit it again. It really sounds like a blast. Can't wait to participate.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

I played in a night tournament for the first time last year. I started out enjoying the game and hit the first two greens in regulation. Then my depth perception started messing with me and by the end of the night I literally cound not hit the ball off the tee box. I would set up and swing several times and whiffed it each time. I know it's for fun, but I won't be playing this year.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

Ive never played at night with a glow in the dark ball, have played a few times at a lighted par 3 course, got one close to me at governors run in carlyle il and another over at Yorktown at Belleville il though yet to play at that one. As long as you hit decent shots you're ok, hit it too far offline and you cant see too well but the holes are real short, most right around 100 yards, with the longest being about 150, 8 iron is the longest club I normally use there, maybe 7 iron if I have wind to contend with. Its a lot of fun on the weekends esp in the summer as its not nearly as hot.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Anyone know how to replace the glow stick in glow-in-the-dark golf balls? Or is it a one time type of deal?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think it is GolfWRX that has a thread in regards to damaged clubs, some reported caving in face of driver and fairways, one guy posted pic of hybrid with hole right through the face. What ever the case they don't fly as far and be sure to always place the light stick in the ball parallel to club face when hitting or it will shower you with the chemicals when it explodes, don't ask how I know. Last time we went my cousin played with seven iron only and scored as well as any of us. I tried the flashing type of ball sold at Golfsmith, they went farther (still shorter than standard ball) but were not easy to hit as the flashing really through me off, never hit so many fat shots in my life.
ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

Anyone know how to replace the glow stick in glow-in-the-dark golf balls? Or is it a one time type of deal?

You have replaceable glow sticks for the balls. The balls can be re-used.

Well, it was pretty fun. We shot -8 on the front 9 and shot -4 in the dark. It was a par 71 so we ended up at 59. We were 5th behind 2 53s, 1 54, and 1 55. The 53s were really hard for me to believe, but it is what it is. The only thing I didn't like was there were som many people and it was so slow that the glow sticks didn't last long. They are hard and they don't go as far, but if you hit them good, they give you a good ball flight. I would do it again. Just FYI for people that haven't played it before....take a FLASHLIGHT!!! No one in our group thought about this for some reason. Luckily I had a flashlight app on my Iphone that literally about lit up the entire green.

Bryan A

That sounds awesome. With all the golf courses in and around Miami you'd think there'd be something like this but there aren't any that I know of.

Note: This thread is 4994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!