IGNORED

Dear angry man at the range

golfro
Note: This thread is 3429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...and they're on sale.

Oh god....oh god.....

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Too funny. But so true. If you have iron covers I will play you straight up for paychecks or whatever you want.

*discreetly removes the iron covers from my clubs*

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

This ALWAYS happens! How come the guy with the finest gear, has the worst game? haha. I remember this one time a seemingly new golfer with the whole get up and the best clubs, THREW his golf club in the water and left it there. Left it there! Clearly, he didn't care for the sport and just wanted to look cool lol

Look on the bright side: some barely used TM gear may find it's way on Ebay at dirt-cheap prices soon.

There's a big retirement community here and you see this alot. Guy retires, moves down here and decides to take up golf. Guy spends two grand on top of the line clubs, realizes that golf is hard and that he sucks at it. Guy quits golf, has a yard sale and somebody more deserving purchaces clubs for a couple hundred bucks.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's a big retirement community here and you see this alot. Guy retires, moves down here and decides to take up golf. Guy spends two grand on top of the line clubs, realizes that golf is hard and that he sucks at it. Guy quits golf, has a yard sale and somebody more deserving purchaces clubs for a couple hundred bucks.

Probably have to replace the arthritis friendly comfort grips and senior shafts first though. That ain't cheap. Don't buy his golf bag though - the "old man smell" (aqua velva, cigars, peppermint, english leather, absorbine jr, etc) is hard to remove.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It's not the cost of the equipment I have issue with - if they can afford it, then more power to them.

It's the anger that makes me laugh - if you normally hit 9 out of 10 shots poorly, how can you be upset when you mishit one? It seems like you'd be permanently pissed (I do happen to know quite a few high handicappers who definitely don't seem like they're having fun out there).

It's not the cost of the equipment I have issue with - if they can afford it, then more power to them.

I remember my first day of windsurfing (board sailing - whatever). I saw guys making it look easy in the choppy Columbia river (somewhere in Oregon) but about 1/2 an hour in on a calm flat lake I wanted to burn that thing. Instead I just laughed at myself and took a break. I wasn't a natural after all.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I remember my first day of windsurfing (board sailing - whatever). I saw guys making it look easy in the choppy Columbia river (somewhere in Oregon) but about 1/2 an hour in on a calm flat lake I wanted to burn that thing. Instead I just laughed at myself and took a break. I wasn't a natural after all.

learning to windsurf on the Columbia river is epic... it's akin to playing your first round of golf at Augusta

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

learning to windsurf on the Columbia river is epic... it's akin to playing your first round of golf at Augusta

Wish I made it onto the river myself (something about hospital costs and life insurance). Went back and watched though. So jealous.

I did learn to snowboard at Whistler and Lake Louise though - not nearly as life threatening as long as you stay on the proper side of the mountain.

Pity natural selection hasn't dealt with that sort of person.

...and I'll play anyone with iron covers for $$$

...If you have iron covers I will play you straight up for paychecks or whatever you want.

Hah! I'll take your money.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

It's all about control. Angry man at the range is probably used to having control of all aspects of life, but when the ball gives him a middle finger he freaks out like a 6 year old that had his Nintendo taken away. To me it's hilarious because you can just look at them and smile and it makes them even more mad. No control having control freaks are pure entertainment to me.

Btw, I might win the award for ugliest golf clubs. I have Cleveland gunmetal TA3's from at least 10 years ago with lead tape all over them. Also have a Titleist 983k driver from probably 5-6 years ago with a Bandon Dunes puffin headcover. The only "fancy" club I have is a Callaway X-tour 3 wood but even that is 3 years old or so.

Titleist 983k
Callaway X-tour 15*
Cleveland TA3 Gunmetal irons (covered in lead tape)
Cleveland Wedges
Ping Craz-e putterProV1*

...and they're on sale.

Those are really cool. If I played anything Titleist, I would get one!

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

Those are really cool. If I played anything Titleist, I would get one!

I would, but they dont have the Tampa Bay Rays.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

*discreetly removes the iron covers from my clubs*

Why? Because someone posted that you'd stick out?

Put those covers back on your sticks and take care of 'em if you like. You'll still be proud of your "like new looking" clubs while they are having to take their green fee money and buy more. Many here call them a tool. I'm not a mechanic, but I've seen some high dollar mechanics' shop area and the meticulous care they take of their tools. You'll seldom ever see grease or oil on them. Many won't even be scratched up because they take care of them, clean and keep them in a nicely organized tool chest. Then, there are the ones that get through with theirs and throw them in a pile in a box. They might still do decent work (which is debatable) but they don't look professional. No different with the "tools" of golf. If you care about your investment, take care of them and they'll last a long time.
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

Wow this thread blew up overnight! Didn't think I was going to get so much response.

When I bought my callaway set, i could tell the lady at the pro shop didn't think much of me. I came in wearing flip flops, tshirts, shorts, looking scrubbed out and since it had been the first clubs I would've bought in roughly 6-7 years, I had no idea what I was looking for. I did a little research online and knew the basic gist of what I was looking for which were player's cavity backs. So when I was taking a look at some of the Mizuno muscle backs and Callaway X-forged irons and various others players irons, she came strolling by suggesting that the Ping G5 and Callaway X-18's were on sale and it would suit a beginner very well.

She handed me a 7 iron for both, and we went to the net and I started slamming the balls and she looked embarassed and went back and grabbed some player's irons for me to demo out.

I will say though, it goes both ways. When I golf, I like to look like a golfer. I won't be decked out head to toe in Adidas gear but I do have a number of those Nike Dryfit shirts that I am absolutely in love with. I've been accused by my friends of looking like a douche when I golf (nike hat, nike shirt, generic shorts, nike shoes) but atleast I back it up :)

Except this past weekend when I shot 96 at a muni...that was just embarassing.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Note: This thread is 3429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!