IGNORED

What if Tiger NEVER gets his form back???

2bGood
Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did anyone see his interview after the round today?

"I don't see how it can be fun to shoot 18 over. Especially since my handicap is supposed to be 0."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i saw it.

Sure, he didn't seem to throw his caddie under the bus, but was that really "manly"?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

This is just an anomaly, a blip on the radar. I'm more surprised that he shot 18 over than I would have been if he had shot 25 under. He'll bounce back next week at Whistling Straits and play well. I'm not predicting a top 10 finish, but he'll be prepared and play better than this week.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I don't know much about the sports psychologists but I think Tiger could use one of these to get his head straight so the rest of the body can follow

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

This is just an anomaly, a blip on the radar. I'm more surprised that he shot 18 over than I would have been if he had shot 25 under. He'll bounce back next week at Whistling Straits and play well.

Thanks for sharing this private knowledge.

I don't understand people bothering to post on a forum saying they are not interested in what's going on with Tiger or that it's none of our business or that it's not news (!). The greatest athlete in a hundred years completely sabotaging his life and career not news?
You cannot seperate Tiger on the course and Tiger off it. I was a fan because he played awesome golf, but also because of the image he sold himself as a golf geek. Playing golf on the Xbox after a round, hanging out with the guys in the locker room, playing skins with Jack and O'Meara on practice days. Plus the hot wife and two kids, the money. How many of us have dreamt of a life like that?
And then to find out what he was doing in reality! To watch him wince in that interview when Kelly Tighman tells him his name is a punchline?
So many painful, humiliating, embarrassing moments. And now golf, the only thing he has left, is leaving him.
Don't judge? Yea, I can judge. He's scum, and I hope he never breaks Jack's record, because Jack's twice the man Tiger is.

"That's Golf!"

I don't understand people bothering to post on a forum saying they are not interested in what's going on with Tiger or that it's none of our business or that it's not news (!). The greatest athlete in a hundred years completely sabotaging his life and career not news?

Boom! Well said sir.

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

This is just an anomaly, a blip on the radar. I'm more surprised that he shot 18 over than I would have been if he had shot 25 under. He'll bounce back next week at Whistling Straits and play well. I'm not predicting a top 10 finish, but he'll be prepared and play better than this week.

And if he doesnt? Are you going to spontaneously combust?

Yes you can. I do. I'm simply a fan because he plays great golf. You can judge but no one cares about what you think. The greatest athlete in a hundred years? I think Ali or Michael Jordan takes that title.

I am not predicting it will happen, but what if Tiger does a Duval, and only gets worse? Would it how much interest would fans and media still have in Tiger?

Given his most recent performance your fear would seem to be real. Once you get down on yourself it is worse than a physical injury trying to recover. Rebuilding your confidence in yourself is difficult after a major set back as Tiger has recently experienced. But I hope Tiger pulls it out. I think Jack was a better golfer, but don't want to see the competition end this way. So I will be disappointed if he cannot return to form.

Butch

I thought this was a public forum? If no one is looking for outside opinions then whey are they here? Why was the thread started?

In my L8...
Driver: Launcher 460 9.5
Fairway Wood: 18 degree hybrid
Irons: G5 3-GW
Wedges: m/b 50, 56Putter: Anser 2Ball: D2 Feel

He'll bounce back next week at Whistling Straits and play well. I'm not predicting a top 10 finish, but he'll be prepared and play better than this week.

I think this post speaks volumes about the expectations of even the Tiger backers......he will finish outside the top-10 next week and it will be considered a "bounce back"?

Wow......

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I think this post speaks volumes about the expectations of even the Tiger backers......he will finish outside the top-10 next week and it will be considered a "bounce back"?

Wouldn't you consider anything better for Tiger than this past tourney a bounce back? I do, and I'm not a hugger.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I think it'd be possible for him to have what we could reasonably call a bounce back even without a top 10 finish. Just keeping his drives near the fairways and keeping away from bogeys would be a big improvement over this week. In some ways, four trouble-free but near-par rounds would be an improvement even over some of his good finishes where he was relying on his magic to eke pars and birdies after terrible shots. Sure, bouncing all the way back means he's in the top 2 or 3, but he can bounce in the right direction just by getting some of his control back.

That said, I think it's unlikely. I sort of expect him to be back ON or limping along for another week. But if he can look like he's enjoying himself and at least keeping mental control over his round, that's a step in the right direction.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Tiger was just turrible
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

To answer the question thrown out by the title of the thread: If he never regains he form golf will have lost one of the (of not the) best players in it's history, the most polarizing player in pro golf, the most popular player in sports, and the man who has brought more people to playing and watching the game of golf. He has increased the talent pool more than anyone in history and his impact on the game will be missed. Love him or hate him, there is no disputing what he has done for the state of the pro and amateur game of golf.

I agree with you.

However, I am afraid that he may have harmed the PGA Tour as well. I view it kind of like the housing meltdown. Tiger's presence has driven revenues into the stratosphere, and the amount of prize money on Tour has skyrocketed over the past decade or so. If Tiger doesn't regain his form, my fear is that there will have to be a major case of belt tightening over the next decade to keep the Tour afloat. I can remember when a tournament winner won $90,000. Now, it's a minimum of about $900,000. If television revenues take a steep dive, this will not be sustainable.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Today at Whistling Straits.At least he has some ideas..

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!