IGNORED

2010 PGA Championship

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah it was incredible alright, I dont mean to cause an international incident here but I this harrington has a better short game than phil, of course phil plays astonishing flashy shots now and then, but clutch up and downs or pretty straight forward shots around the green harringtons the man. I dunno if people just pretend not to see it but phil does make a mess of the easier shots around the green time to time.........Im not looking forward to the responses lol but I think phils special shots tend to draw attention away from his mistakes.

You're right, and I think most rational people would agree.He's known for his short game mostly because he has the balls to try any kind of creative shot that enters his head, much like the rest of his game really.But he does make a lot of mistakes around the green, as you said.I think Tiger has, or had one of the best short games.I'd probably put Padraig ahead of him at the moment just for the sheer ruthless efficiency with which he gets up and down.Ernie, Retief and even Poulter would be up there too I suppose.If Phil took a more straight forward approach to his short game he'd probably benefit, but we all know that'll never happen.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any internet feeds for this one? I have to be at a seminar all weekend and I am bringing my puter and would like to slip back and forth....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any internet feeds for this one? I have to be at a seminar all weekend and I am bringing my puter and would like to slip back and forth....

not sure, was thinking the same thing myself. i'm on it.

pga.com has marquis matchups and par 3 coverage for the whole tournament. assuming your seminar is in the u.s., of course.

Thanks I just found it myself. I absolutely love the marquee coverage. I will be in Hotlanta so I should be golden and I hope they have good verizon coverage in the seminar room.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

#4 (Glory)

#7, Par 3

#18 (Dyeabolical)

#18, (treat or trick)

#8, Par 4, 507 yards

#8, another view

#11, Par 5, 619 yards (Sand Box)

#11, another view

#11, green

#17, Par 3 223 yards

#17, another view

#3, Par 3 on the left, #6 Par 4 on the right

#14 on left, #13 on right

INSANELY DIFFICULT

What a track!

My money (like I have money - lol) is on someone from a Commonwealth country in the Southern Hemisphere, who's native language is English, and who already has at least one major championship this decade. This course seemed to demand a bailout.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Hunter Mahan is on a roll and he will be carrying a lot of momentum from firestone into the pga championship. Steve Stricker is the hometown favorite.
John Daly could surprise some people, like he did at St. Andrews, hopefully he keeps it together for the weekend:P

330 carry over a crapload of bunkers on 18, wonder how many, or who, will attempt that route.

Hitting fairways and greens will be a big point on this course. It's got some of the links elements with the tall grass and bunkers, but softer soil. If you miss it bad to either side and find yourself (if you can find the ball) in some of the thick grass, shots can start dropping fast.

I recall The Open in 2009, Tiger woods missing the cut after spraying it all over the place. This looks like a course where you don't want to miss it too bad.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Steve, You bet I have more photos!!

Graeme McDowell

Hunter, Sean, Tiger walking up 16

Hunter Mahan

Camilo putting on #1

Rickie and John on #10

My "Tourist Shot" at the entrance to the PGA event ...

I know most of these photos look a little "soft", but there was a haze over the course most of the day - the humidity was unreal!!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Cool photos man, course looks in great shape.

Most amazing thing to me was that the tee boxes I was able to walk on were as tight as some of the greens I play on around my regular courses!!!!!!!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

What a track!

In other words, Geoff Ogilvy.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

330 carry over a crapload of bunkers on 18, wonder how many, or who, will attempt that route.

From what I've seen, I have not yet seen a single pro go for the long and left approach. In the right side landing area there are kind of 3 ridges in a row that run perpendicular to the direction of play. Most pro's have been landing between the first two, and the big hitters have been landing between the 2nd two or past the 3rd, but always to that right side. Now the

caddies on the other hand have been walking off every distance over on that side. Fanny must've spent nearly 30 minutes on both parts of the fairway and the green when I was working the 18th ADA grandstand last night. Phil was down the middle of the right, Boo Weekly and V.J. Singh BOMBED one down the right side and stuck it to 3 feet from probably 200 as opposed to say Mike Weir who had a probably 40 yd further shot to hit. Due to the distance though I can't tell if they hit 3 wood or driver off the tee, but I did witness Phil use driver, Luke Donald hit driver, Dustin Johnson hit driver, and the other guy in their group hit driver too. My pics are up on my facebook and photobucket, going to go out again today as well: http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ctice%20Round/ http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ctice%20Round/

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Over 1200 bunkers, most players are gonna find them....alot. So my pick is Ernie Els....he is a master out of the sand.

Ernie Els or Rory McIlroy are my picks.

Hell...1200 bunkers on one course....most courses I play have around 60 lol

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

My goodness that course is in fantastic shape! It is absolutely beautiful!

I think Hunter Mahan has a chance in this one. He's playing well and he'll have some momentum coming in. But, I think everybody is too quick to write off Tiger. I don't think he'll come out and dominate, but I'd watch out for him come Sunday.

Note: This thread is 5001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!