IGNORED

2010 PGA Championship

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, I think everybody is too quick to write off Tiger. I don't think he'll come out and dominate, but I'd watch out for him come Sunday.

yeah i think he's got a chance too

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I think everybody is too quick to write off Tiger. I don't think he'll come out and dominate, but I'd watch out for him come Sunday.

I said that about Turnberry, I don't know if he will have in him. I kept thinking he has been playing possum but I just don't know anymore. I don't know that I am a fan of him but I loved it when his performance would force errors on his competitors.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I understand that. I just want to be the guy that said, "Tiger can win this one" when he actually does. I'm like you in that I've never considered myself a Tiger fan, but its just so much fun to watch when he's doing well. I will remember the 2008 U.S. Open forever because of him. I was actually rooting for Mediate pretty hard. Anyway, I would like to think he's still got it and there is a little part of me that believes that, but after going 18 over...

Thanks for the photos Boyder. Also to DarkPrince.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

After looking at some of these pictures I'm concerned that it will be difficult to see a lot of the action. Any body who has been there this week, can you comment on this?
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Great photos. The course looks amazing - I can't wait to watch the players tackle it.

As far as Tiger goes - I will say this:
Tiger will not win again until he gets his head right. That could be this week . . or any week . . .but he will not win anything until he does. My guess is that it will not be this week.

I like Louis on the links!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

In other words, Geoff Ogilvy.

That's possible too. There are a couple decent players from that country that just hosted the World Cup.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That's possible too. There are a couple decent players from that country that just hosted the World Cup.

well, you stated someone whose native language was english. but, the native language of ernie, louis, etc. is afrikaans. so, i omitted all the s. african golfers.

well, you stated someone whose native language was english. but, the native language of ernie, louis, etc. is afrikaans. so, i omitted all the s. african golfers.

It sure sounds like English - as much as Australian does, that's sure.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It sure sounds like English - as much as Australian does, that's sure.

Els, Goosen, and Oosthuizen are obviously Dutch/Boer names; it can be assumed that Afrikaans was spoken in their households growing up, even though all of them were probably fluent in English from a very early age. Vijay Singh has the same story: English is Fiji's official language, but the Indo-Fijian community speaks Hindi.

I guess Trevor Immelman would qualify under your original criteria (as "Trevor" is undoubtedly English), but he's not winning this week.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Els, Goosen, and Oosthuizen are obviously Dutch/Boer names; it can be assumed that Afrikaans was spoken in their households growing up, even though all of them were probably fluent in English from a very early age. Vijay Singh has the same story: English is Fiji's official language, but the Indo-Fijian community speaks Hindi.

My picks are Goosen and Els.

My picks are Goosen and Els.

Good picks. the way both of em have been playing, I'd be confident with Goosen or Els.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

After looking at some of these pictures I'm concerned that it will be difficult to see a lot of the action. Any body who has been there this week, can you comment on this?

I actually think this course is a great spectator venue ... lots of hills and large mounds that let you view multiple holes at one time.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Good picks. the way both of em have been playing, I'd be confident with Goosen or Els.

Honestly? They both get off track with the putter mid tourney lately. I think it will continue to be the limiting factor for them

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I actually think this course is a great spectator venue ... lots of hills and large mounds that let you view multiple holes at one time.

Not to mention the huge and numerous bunkers for the kids to occupy themselves building sandcastles in.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!