IGNORED

How much do you spend on golf?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 4651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much $$$ annually?

• under$100
    • 100-300
    • 301-500
    • 501-1000
    • 1001-2000
    • 2001-5000
    • 5000+

It really depends upon the year and how much extra disposable income I have.  This year Ive spent at least $1000 on golf equipment.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Excluding golf memberships and green fees, I don't spend a lot........probably less than $500yr.  I don't replace clubs very frequently......

I'm definitely NOT that guy with 20 drivers and putters in the garage........LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I can't say I've spent a dime yet this year on anything other than my membership and my green fees. We get a family membership so I don't pay for that. I've spent $218 in green fees and $30 on a tournament entry fee. But I'm about to drop $250 on a new set of irons so that number will more than double very quickly.

At the conclusion of this year I'll guess I will have spent no more than $600 on everything I've purchased golf related.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

My wife and I are still pretty new to the game just starting this summer.  So far I have about $800 in equipment and that is buying all used clubs other than her driver.

Well my membership for this year is free ($450 for two years) I made that up from last year.

The only thing I have bought this year is...

New Glove- $12

ProV1x-$15 (gift cards)

Tournament fee-$60

Round outside of my home course-$33

So I'm a little over $100 dollars for the year since I'm basically playing for free this year at my home course

I spend lots. I start with the premise I want to play the best for free....Then we negotiate from there.  I really enjoy playing new &  different places and have traveled far and wide to get there.  I have found ways to play many places for less than the going rate.  On average I'm in the $5,000 club.  I average 100 rounds a year with 80 of those outside my home club. And about 20 rounds a year with green fees xs $100 which kinda is the going rate in season in New England and Florida where I split my time.

I bought new set of irons and the driver this year after using my old one for ~15 years.  In general, (excluding this year's new equipment purchases), I hardly spend any on clothing or equipments.  I buy golf shoes maybe every couple of years and that is my biggest expense.  I usually wear what I have in the closet.  I dress nicely (pants, yes even during the summer) but they are not specifically made for golf.  It is business casual clothes that I wear on the course.

Overall I'll say I spend about $100 per year on the average--mainly due to golf shoes and replacement spikes.

EDIT--and glove purchases, maybe once or twice a year.  Golf balls, I usually win them at tournaments or use the winnings in the tournaments to get golf balls.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This year, probably around 90 dollars. I never buy tees(I find them around tee boxes anyway) and I bought probably around 30 golf balls this year. I don't lose as much golf balls as I used to, thanks goodness.

My golf set includes a Titleist 905R driver and woods that I bought 7 years ago. Still doing fine but I think I will need a new driver since I'm not hitting golf balls farther than 260 yards. Probably because its shaft is not stiff. Also it includes  Ping G5 irons that I also bought 7 years ago. My scotty cameron putter I bought about 3 years ago is still doing fine. I have shot 36s with these clubs and I'm afraid of losing my golf game if I get new clubs.

I’m sure I would gasp if I added it all up.
That being said, I just paid $100 for a 1-hour lesson (stack & tilt, btw) and it was worth every dime.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

• 2 months later...

So how much do you guys think you spend annually on golf? Im interested to hear the differences. Obviously other peoples green fees are different, so Im curious how much people in other areas "pay to play" each year…? And how much do you think you spend in total each year with green fees, equipment, balls, gear, etc…

I think I spend about $4,000 a year… and thats a conservative number…

I play AT LEAST one round a week and 1-2 tournaments a month.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

two memberships $2,000

equipment etc---$500

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

usually i spend money on equipments only about once every ten years.

but i do try to play once or twice a week (if time permits).

I would estimate about $2500/yr on green fees.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've spent $5,000 so far this year, and I only started playing in February.  Of course this includes a fair amount of equipment I'm still toying with.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by vanpooten

$200 dollars on various equipment, maybe another $200 in various range and course fees. Working on a golf course sure has its perks! :D

Nice! I envy you…

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I'm extremely fortunate. My membership is only $300 per year for unlimited golf (walking) and range. I played other courses to the tune of ~$180 for the year. My irons and bag were a gift from my employer through an incentive program, and my wedges, putter and woods were a gift from my father. I won a ton of balls from a golf outing this year, so I have had no equipment expenditures in quite some time. So, for less than $500 I managed to play over 100 days of golf since June. If it had not played out this way I would not have been able to play at all due to some financially draining medical bills. I also feel lucky the doctor let me play.

In my Clutch stand bag:

G15 Driver

G15 4 Wood

Warrior Golf 7 Wood

G15 4-UW

55* Sand & 60* Lob Wedges

Sedona i Putter

Balls

Note: This thread is 4651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!