What Ball Is Everybody Playing?

Just seeing what all of you are playing with this season

I like the new pro v1x or Bridesstones b330

Enjoy all...

Bridgestone J33p Tour. Fuji Zcom MW 54x
Titleist 905R 9.5 Diamana Ion 63x
Titleist 904f 13 Aldila R&D Proto 65x
Bridgestone Airmuscle 19 Bonzai 75x
3-PW - Titleist 670 DG Superlite s300 56 deg - Solus 5661 deg - Solus 61Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport Ball - V1x. B330. HX Tour 56

• Administrator
Ditto. B330 or new V1x. After I get rid of all my old V1x, of course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

HX Hot & HX Tour Black
IN MY BAG

Irons Big Bertha Fusion Irons 3-PW, SW, LW (Nippon 990 UNFX)
Driver Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)
3 Wood ERC Fusion 3w - RGS (RCH Sys 55R)4/5 Wood Big Bertha Fusion 15D Fairway Wood (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)Bag 10.5" orange fusion tour bagPutter Scotty Cameron Newport...

ProV1, Vx
B330
The old Callaway HX Blue.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Sounds like I need to check out the B330's.

Totally, I really like the ball. As I stated in the B330 thread. If I didn't get the occassional free dozen of ProVs, the B330 would be the ball I would buy.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I play whatever i've got lying around. I've played in too many tournaments and have so many random sleeves and boxes of balls, that I can't justify buying more. I did get a free sleeve of the prototype ball Mickelson is playing though, I'll post a review about it when i swing it a few times.
  • Like 1

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Being a reletive newcomer to the game I fear for the lives of my golf balls. Therefore I'm using middle of the road choices like Nike's TA2 spin and the Maxfli Noodle both of which seem like a good choice for me at this stage of my game. The have a softer feel than the cheapo choices but dont dig into my wallet as deep as top of the line balls do.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I have to agree with muskegman on this one. I just never really bought expensive golf balls. And my family buys me golf balls sometimes, so I just play with what they buy me.

I do enjoy playing with Nike balls, as well as Top Flite Infinity. I just don't really get into using Titleist much. I bought one case of them a few years back and I think I lost all of them much quicker than usual. So I said to hell with using them, it just wasn't worth it.

But I might try some of these kinds this year, since I hit it a little straighter than I used to. These Oklahoma courses have some nasty weeds and crap in the rough and there is no finding golf balls sometimes in all that wire grass.

I was surprised at the great performance of the cheap callaway balls. The HX 2 piece and big bertha seem great for cheaper balls. I even shot a 69 with the 2 piece last year. I think they are all such high performance anyway that you'd have to be a real pro to tell the difference on many.

Found a Hogan Hawk ball in the shop yesterday so I gave it a shot. Quality ball. Good distance, nice feel coming off the club on full iron shots, nice feel around the greens too!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Hi people

Interesting discussion.Always been a ProV1-X man meself and never thought it would be bettered.Had a couple of rounds this week with the Nike Black one and not impressed.As far as i can tell the cover is made of cheese and durability is not a patch on the Titleist.For a ball advertised as "...great on tight and windy tracks" the stability of flight was pretty awful i thought - although has been exceptionally windy here so perhaps not a fair test.Length is as good as any,and spin was "probably" better than the X,especially on those 1/2 and 3/4 wedges where i find the X sometimes does,sometimes doesnt.....

The new Bridgestones sound excellent from the reviews here (also just had a look on Bridgestone web site),the trouble being that i cant find a single retailer in the UK that has them in stock at present.

Oh well,back to the Titleist......

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

• 1 month later...

The Nike Tour Accuracy - TW is still available at Target for $19.99/doz. (at least here on the east side of Washington State). It's a great ball and the one he used before going to the One balls. The one problem is that the cover gets hammered really fast. However the last time I checked at the local Target there was new packaging that said something about a new improved shear resistant cover. I'm tempted to buy a dozen and see if it is more durable. I usually play the Pro V1 and I'd say the performace of these balls are pretty similar.

Note to those who apparently think I'm trying to sell something... I don't work for Nike, Target, or Titlest either As before I'm just sharing my experiences similar to my prior posts.

QUOTE - mizunoman : "Note to those who apparently think I'm trying to sell something... I don't work for Nike, Target, or Titlest either As before I'm just sharing my experiences similar to my prior posts."

Which is exactly why this place exists.Its a discussion forum.There are as many different views as they are different golf swings,and as much as i agree that my other post you are referring to may have appeared "blunt", i merely asked you a question ,s i did (and still do) find it a little incomprehensible.However your views and experiences are as valid and personal as any others and i wouldnt knock you for that.

Dont take it so personally

Im glad im not the only one who has found the Nike's shear resistance to be awful.Any high-end Nikes ive used havnt been a patch in that department compared to Titleist for instance..........

****And i got so carried away i forgot to say i use ProV1-X's.Was using the old ones since they came out,and been using the new ones since they came out over here a month or so ago.Overall i cant find anything to top them personally.

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

I acquired about 45 dozen Nike golf balls a couple of years ago. Some were TA, some were TW and some were DD. I still have 10 of 15 dozen of them in my garage... The one is definitely a way better ball to me than the TW ever was. It is much longer and with better durability. But durability wise nothing touches the BlackMax.

at the mo playin with the blak tour hx

i like using the pro v1x too

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade r580 XD. STIFF SHAFT W/ FIRM TIP 10.5°
5-Wood: Titleist 975F, 21°, S300 Stiff SHAFT
Irons: Titleist 990, S300 3 - PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 56°CLEAVELAND TOUR ACTION 60°Putter: 33" ODYSSEY 2 BALL MALLETScotty cameron Newport 2 Pro platinumBall: Titleist...