IGNORED

Top 5 most heartbreaking shots! for you on a golf course!

mdbuschsr
Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Most of the things I hate to do have been covered already. The one thing that I haven't seen posted is:

I totally feel you on that one. I've done it too many times to count, and usually it's because it's a crowded course, i've gone through my pre-shot routine, and feel a bit rushed and though it just doesn't feel "right" as i'm standing over the ball, i commit to it anyways. And without fail, usually turns out badly and i get pissed at myself for not stepping away and resetting.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The high drawing hook that i hit half the time from 150 in on par 3s . . .

Some of that is surely swing related, but have you ever had your lie angles checked? I hooked and pulled my 8 iron for years - it was too upright relative to the 7 and 9 iron. I had little chance to swing naturally and get it on line.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

ugh, my last round I hit my best drive ever, i cut the corner of dog leg and crouched down to see my ball bouncing in the fairway. When I get up to where the ball should have been, it was no where to be found :(.

Driver: Taylormade R7
Wood: taylormade burner 3 wood
Hybrids: Jack Nicklaus 3 hybrid
Irons: Taylormade R9 TP 3-pw
Wedges: Taylormade r9 56* & Titliest Vokey 60* Putter: Odyssey WhiteHot XG #7 Ball: Nike one platinum & Bridgestone E6

I hit one of those RARE drives this past weekend. I knew I was in the rough because I could literally see (or at least I thought) the whole shot. I looked for several minutes but didn't see it. Finally I got pi$$ed, hit the accelerator, and drove 30 yards forward for no reason. There was my ball, right on the edge of the rough. Meaning, it was a +/- 270yard drive. Had I hit the rock hard fairway, I have little doubt that I would have reached that 300 yard mark we all want so badly.

I knew I hit the drive well (distance wise), but I didn't think I made quite THAT good a connection.

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

1) the pull-hook 4-iron left of the par 3 green that rolled all the way down the side hill; followed by a short 'pop-fly' sand wedge, followed by the bladed PW to the back of the green followed by a 3 putt 6, after walking off with birdie the hole before on the #1 handicaped par 5 ...

2) The smoked straight drive down the middle of a par 5, followed by another high, arching 3-wood to your "money" distance only to fat that 'perfect' club 1-foot, sail the next one over, then on and three putt. 450+ yards in two strokes, the reamining 90 yards in 5 more ....

3) the risky cut the corner on the dogleg hole, only to hear that faint "twick" at the very last minute forcing your ball - not on the fairway - but deep in jail somewhere, followed by your "always lucky" partner who takes a worse line than you, through the thicker part of the tree than you but plops it ever so softly on the other side, dead center in the fairway ...

4) that one bad day, you keep burning edges with putts that should drop but don't and also had the unfortunate luck to paired with the dude that ALWAYS says, "good effort; you gave it a good try," while his formless, thought-less horrible putting stroke is sinking everything from the four corners of the earth, right in front of you ...

5) that drive, on your nemisis par five, that travels further than it has ever in your life, giving you that once in a blue moon chance to "go for it" in two ... only to stop rolling in a deep divot no one cared to fix, but some goose decided to sheot in .... and the goose part was like 8 minutes ago and your ball is in a deep divot covered in gooey goose pudding ... ...

Thanks for the laughs guys ... good thread!!!
I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

Almost always the same for me: Wasted chip shots!
Long par 4 this weeked (420 yards): Nice drive followed by a decent 2nd shot to 30 yards from the front of the green.
Stub my chip 10 yards
Blade my next chip over the back
Stub my 3rd chip to just over the fringe
Come 3 ft short on the putt
Finally sink my putt for a triple bogey

Any guesses as to what part of my game needs work?
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. Flubbed chip shots that land 4 feet in front of you.

2. Topped chip shots that skim right across the green.

3. Lining up your putt for a break and then watching the ball roll straight... straight past the hole. WHY DIDN'T YOU BREAK?!?!

4. The 1 or 2 foot putt that you casually tap in, only to watch it lip out. Those make you feel like a fool. It's gotten to the point where I ALWAYS line up to give a proper putting stroke, no matter how close it is to the hole.

5. Those balls that you can't find even though you're SURE you saw it land right where you're standing.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

1) Bladed chip shot. Same story every time it happens, I don't trust the club face and lift my body to try to "scoop" the ball up. I've been doing it less and less.
2) For some reason, second shot on a par 5 after a beautiful drive. No matter how hard I try to tell myself not to kill it, just hit it like any other shot, I often end up hitting it about 50 yards on the ground.
3) Hitting the wrong club on an easy par 3. Nothing like facing a big receptive green and puring a lovely 8i and watching it land ten yards short.
4) Leaving birdie putts way short because I'm afraid to jeapordize the par.
5) Playing the "safe" shot out of deep rough or trees, and knocking it across the fairway onto the other side.

1) Bladed chip shot. Same story every time it happens, I don't trust the club face and lift my body to try to "scoop" the ball up. I've been doing it less and less.

This. ARGH I hate that

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Trickling par putts over the edge of the hole on the low side from four feet or so.

Nothing makes me want to quit golf more.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

5) Playing the "safe" shot out of deep rough or trees, and knocking it across the fairway onto the other side.

I see people do that every time out - was that poor ballstriking or a poor decision? Either way it's LOLZ.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I see people do that every time out - was that poor ballstriking or a poor decision? Either way it's LOLZ.

Definitely poor ballstriking. I'm always surprised with how far a low iron will go with a 1/8th swing, if you hit the ball solidly.

1. a beautiful drive followed by a chunked approach or second shot. I do that all the darn time! I almost hate hitting great drives
2. sculling a chip/flop
3. leaving my approach shot short of the green. i do that too often!

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

the most heart breaking shots...i have just one and this happened to me a couple weekends ago.

par 5, 530 yards. perfect drive, middle of fairway, perfect 5 wood on green... 30 feet putt.

down hill putt...misses the hole by like 2 inches...continues rolling rolling rolling... 10 foot putt backtrack. second putt falls short like an idiot...4 ft to go. son of a bitch, 3rd putt lips the damn cup. tap in for 4th putt FOR BOGIE ON A PERFECT EAGLE OPPORTUNITY.

yeah...i have days where my putting is just not going my way.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

1. Being 5 yards off a par 5 in two then blading your chip 20 yards past the hole.
2. Not getting the ball out of the bunker.
3. The 3 foot putt you miss out of anxiety for par
4. The 30 footer that lips out for birdie
5. Hitting a tree and going back farther than you started.
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

1. Being 5 yards off a par 5 in two then blading your chip 20 yards past the hole.

Funny, I did all of those today only I can one-up all but number 1 & 2.

I'm used to #1 or the oppostie variant of hitting it inches. The bunkers at my course SUCK, so I don't get too bunched up about that either. #3 I missed not only the eagle putt, but the birdie, and par putts, all starting from inside 10-feet. #4 OK I guess I can't one-up it, but I had the same thing happen today. #5 ricocheting of from THREE trees to lose 20 yards. There used to be a saying among my group to "aim AT the tree. You'll never hit it." It seems that I can only hit those sasafrasin things now!!

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

5. Hitting a tree and going back farther than you started.

Speaking of trees, I hate when you are hitting a shot from the trees and get pass the first one, that one you were really focused on hitting around, but your ball finds another tree you either didn't see or didn't think you could hit. Invariably your ball hit's that second tree and gets knocked straight down.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!