IGNORED

Kaymer wins again

Tiger Spuds
Note: This thread is 4944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Just as a matter of interest, If I had said "I'm biased against Yanks winning majors or tournaments because they tend to stay in America more than I like" adding "I'm really p***ed off because the so-called World Golf Championship events are overwhelmingly played in the USA, rather than around the world, which was the original idea - scuppered by a combination of Finchem's power plays and Americans' opposition to playing anywhere but their own continent" I wonder what the reaction would have been...?

Who cares? There's a reason a lot of Euros play on the PGA Tour, but the two biggest are more fame and more money. Those are two of the same reasons the WGC events tend to be played here. You may not like it, but I don't doubt you know why it is the way it is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to see Kaymer win again. I really like him-he's not a super-outgoing personality, but he always seems to be in a good mood and extremely focused. And I just like his game. He's definitely playing better than anyone else right now.

Good to see Kaymer win again. I really like him-he's not a super-outgoing personality, but he always seems to be in a good mood and extremely focused. And I just like his game. He's definitely playing better than anyone else right now.

Agree. He appears to be a future #1 if he keeps this up. Doesn't appear to be the type to get fat and satisfied either.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Fun to watch golf there today. During the stretch I watched today it was amazing how many baled out left on 17 with their tee shots. I am thinking the conditions were less penalizing for missing the fairway there today verse when they play The Open.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Who cares? There's a reason a lot of Euros play on the PGA Tour, but the two biggest are more fame and more money. Those are two of the same reasons the WGC events tend to be played here. You may not like it, but I don't doubt you know why it is the way it is.

Ah, fame - such an ephemeral thing, difficult to get a real handle on. It varies depending on where on is.

Worldwide, there's no doubt that the two most famous golfers are Tiger and Phil Mickelson but otherwise it's very moot. In Australia, for example, the most famous golfers other than TW and PM, the best-known golfers are (surprisingly) Australian. European players are better known (wherever they play) in Europe than run-of-the-mill PGA Tour players. In the growth areas of the Middle East and Far East, while YE Yang and KJ Choi have their images on billboards and have very high profiles, the European Tour players are, again, probably better-known - simply because they go and play there. Westwood is attracting far more attention - and discussion - at the moment because he has said he will NOT go to the PGA Tour than, e.g., G-Mac, who is. But I would not dream of arguing that the PGA Tour players do not have a high profile in N America. As for money, given that the leading European Tour members do pretty well - not as well as the top 5-10 on the PGA Tour, granted, but pretty well - I'm not sure how big a draw the loot on offer actually is. Endorsements are increasingly valuable on the European Tour because of the growth areas - which are on the regular Tour schedule. Add appearance money to that (not paid on the PGA Tour except for you-know-who) and the rewards are pretty good, especially towards the top. Unless the PGA Tour is offering inducements? There are rumours to that effect in the case of McIlroy, for one. So what is the continuing appeal? Habit, possibly, and history. Westwood is 37, his kids are school age (9 & 6) so moving lock, stock and barrel would be a big upheaval. He has the luxury of playing wherever he wishes, whenever he wants, so where's the gain?

But back to the topic - Kaymer has now won three stroke-play events on the bounce. Pretty good performance by any standards. With Lee out for a month I wouldn't be surprised if he made it 4 next time out.

As for me - I shot a net 60 on Saturday, which was lovely. Surprised I won by only three shots!

The way he's playing, could Kaymer could finish in the Top 3 before end of 2010?

I'm guessing he 'might' play one of the following: Portugal Masters / Castello Masters / Valderama Masters and then onto the WGC-HSBC Championship, UBS Hong Kong Open, Dubai World Championship.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

The way he's playing, could Kaymer could finish in the Top 3 before end of 2010?

Yes, could be interesting - he's definitely playing Valderrama and HSBC Champions. It could be a tussle between two Europeans for end-of-year No 1! Haven't seen the like since the 1980s/early 1990s - the pre-Tiger era!

Yes, could be interesting - he's definitely playing Valderrama and HSBC Champions. It could be a tussle between two Europeans for end-of-year No 1! Haven't seen the like since the 1980s/early 1990s - the pre-Tiger era!

Your foregetting if tiger gets back to his back on his return maybe no1 will be taking his spot

Your foregetting if tiger gets back to his back on his return maybe no1 will be taking his spot

Sorry, mate, that post doesn't actually make sense.

Here is an article explaning the possibility of Kaymer grabbing the top spot pretty soon.

Westwood not the only player who can take No. 1 on Oct. 31

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

Note: This thread is 4944 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!