IGNORED

Shortest Drive Ever

saevel25
Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played an "impossible lie" tournament for fun this summer. (they put you behind trees to tee off, ect, ect) that make it impossible to hit a good drive pretty much.

So I teed off and hit it low to avoid the tree, it went about 20 yards and hit the ladys marker and kicked backwards and landed behind us 10 yards.

So the shortest drive ever... -10 yards

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Most recent:

Today!! My first drive of the day was on a 390 yard hole. Wet grips and rushing added up to a driver, full 6-iron, full 9-iron hole. Excellent. I don't know the yardage, but it was pretty short.

2.) Shortest drive ever.

About about 2 inches. Big cut, almost 100% wiff, ball falls off tee and dribbles 2". Very satisfying and not at all embarassing.

3.) Longest short drive I've seen:

When I worked at a little golf course west of Sylvan Lake the big guy takes a huge cut and almost missed the ball. He just catches enough of hit with the heel to send it rocketing back between his legs. It riccochets off the tee marker, back over his head and into the greenside bunker of the hole they just played. I was waiting for them sitting on the tee mower. I turned around and tried to pretend I hadn't seen it, but it's hard when you're laughing so hard you're shaking.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I was a 1st year newbie at the time but, I was playing the Sub Base golf course in Groton Ct. on a rainy October afternoon. I was on a short par 4 and really swung hard at the ball . My ball carried about 2 yards to the right and hit a concrete tee marker. It richocheted right back into my

This. I hit a 3 wood off the deck directly behind the tee marker and caught it thin. Same result.

I dunno, but I played St. Andrews with my mother once while on a tour of Scotland (late 60's IIRC). On the first tee she hit a fountain ball that went almost straight up. We had no idea where it went and looked intently in the distance when it dropped maybe 10-15 yards in front of us. She was embarassed, I thought it was hilarious and was not discrete about it. I was about 17 at the time and should be forgiven. I was a complete hacker and did not distinguish myself, what a waste of the links. At least my mother looked like a golfer in her elegant get-up ....

OK I've hit a few fountain balls myself, but never quite as short as that. Cross my heart.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I hit one the other day that nearly wiffed and sent into the edge/flower bed beside the tee box. It went about 5 yards. Local rule is free drop from the flower beds, so I got hit three wood, hybred, putter for my par (;

The funniest one I saw was my brother law was playing with me once. He doesn't play often and as luck would have we had the last tee time before a major provincial tournament, so on around the 1 st tee they doing a briefing with 100 or so golfers. So we come up, and they quite down for us. I play allot, but even I was nervous, but I go first and hit a great long shot down the middle as well as I can hit it, and get a bit applause for it. My BIL steps up and he is just about shaking, he wiffs his first one. Then shank pop flys his next one side ways into a jug of beer on the patio. Too funny
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Put my tee to high and I swooped the tee without moving the ball (like pulling a table mat and have the stuff on it not move). So as the ball simply fell, I drove a grande total of 0 yards. Luckily, it only happened at the driving range.

Huge pull left and hit the yardage marker and missed me by a foot and going OB behind me.

Forward progress wise, hit a drive on the first tee super fat and topped the ball where it just barely rolled off the tee. Quite embarrassing I must say.

« Keith »

Pulled a drive bad, hit a tree, bounced to about 50 yards behind the tee box. 3 wood, long iron, 1 putt for my favorite par of all time.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

My BIL steps up and he is just about shaking, he wiffs his first one. Then shank pop flys his next one side ways into a jug of beer on the patio.

Walk over, remove ball, chug pitcher, retee, stroke third into fairway. Local legend forever!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

its not my shortest as ive topped a few in the past but 2 days ago i flushed a drive 140 yards, if i say that the wind was howling it wouldnt give it justice, it was impossible but one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf ive ever played

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I was golfing with my buddy a couple weeks ago, and he teed up way to high for hitting into the wind. He takes a big swing gets under the ball, the ball goes straight up and because of the wind ends up behind us...

Bag:sunmountain.gif MPB
Driver: cleveland.gif XLS 10.5 *
Fairway wood:nike.gif SQ DYMO2 3 wood
Irons: ping.gif G10's 4-pw
Wedge: vokey.gif Spin milled 54* and 60*Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot XG

• Administrator
I don't think I've ever hit a ball backwards. My shortest drive is the one we'd practice where we'd just barely nick the top of the ball to roll it off the tee. I once hit a ball so thin it teetered on the edge of the tee before coming to rest in the tee again. Is that the shortest drive? Shortest amount traveled, that's for sure.

I know of a guy who played a tournament (he's a 20+ handicapper, I use the term "tournament" loosely here) and he hit two consecutive shots so thin the ball dove into the ground right in front of them and bounced out backwards. He was hitting his third shot on the opening hole from two yards behind where he'd teed up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Funny thread. Ummm...I honestly can't remember the last time I totally missed the ball (ie top or wiff) but I know I've been standing on par 3s and hit it so fat that it didn't go half the distance I'd expect. I just love standing on the easiest hole on the course and hitting it fat, into the water 50 yards ahead and just shaking my head. What fun. My horrid misses are direction and not contact (at least with the driver).

Brian

I just remembered another terrible one. Last year in a tournament at TPC Boston I was teeing off on the first hole with no warm up, not even putting or chipping. Luckily the first hole is short so I was just hitting a hybrid. I took what felt like a decent swing but I took so much dirt and hit so far behind the ball that it popped straight up int he air and went about 5 feet, into some thick rough between the tees. Dead straight though .

But wait, there's more. With my next shot from an uphill lie in thick rough I did the same thing, and the ball barely made it to the forward tees. Grudgingly I hit another hybrid into the middle of the fairway, and knocked a SW close to save bogey. The funny thing is all three of those hybrid swing felt the same, but the first two were just horrendous.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I just remembered another terrible one. Last year in a tournament at TPC Boston I was teeing off on the first hole with no warm up, not even putting or chipping. Luckily the first hole is short so I was just hitting a hybrid. I took what felt like a decent swing but I took so much dirt and hit so far behind the ball that it popped straight up int he air and went about 5 feet, into some thick rough between the tees. Dead straight though

i can do the same thing without any practice swings or warmup before a round. Its like I have to tune my body into the correct depth to swing, The swing is good but the depth is off.

So far Ive got you all beat

My brother one time hit one into a tree close to the tee, came straight back and hit him in the jewels, we still remind him about it occasionally.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I had just bought the current driver that I have now. Really excited to use it. Got to the course early and hit the range, oh man, really hitting it well. Gonna be a great day of driving the ball.

First tee, lifted up on the ball so bad, almost missed it. Just barely hit it with the heel of the club. approx 15 yds.

I don't think I've ever hit a ball backwards. My shortest drive is the one we'd practice where we'd just barely nick the top of the ball to roll it off the tee. I once hit a ball so thin it teetered on the edge of the tee before coming to rest in the tee again. Is that the shortest drive? Shortest amount traveled, that's for sure.

LOL.

I will speak for my father and tell the story about his shortest tee shot with a 3w, he hit it so thin that it bounced stright up in the air, and seemed to hover right in front of his face for a second and then fell back to the ground no more than 3 inches from where he hit it.

Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!