IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Brian is a total fruit loop, people like shouldn't be allowed out on their own without some kind od medication and a straight jacket!

+1. This guy is looney and Sara is a love. I suppose you can say anything you like if you're saying it to no one and you believe you're out of ear shot of everyone else. I'd have Sara at my dinner table anytime.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Even if no-one was within earshot (or perhaps only producers, only the ruling official, or a small group/single teammate) Sara could have chosen better words for the accusation that Brian tested the surface. There are several cameras in use when they are on the green. She knows that.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

im pretty stoked for the finale tomorrow night
i usually tape it and watch it after mi kiddos go to bed....gonna be a long night until i can catch it

Any early predictions?

i say football or Lori (sneakers and all! haha!)
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I wouldn't know any possible way to make a prediction since we still have nine players in action. I don't see how the producers can wrap up the show and decide a winner in an hour. This has been a confusing format. While it's been nice to see more of the players for longer I think that the format has been too complicated and unfair. Still anxious to watch though :0)

I wouldn't know any possible way to make a prediction since we still have nine players in action. I don't see how the producers can wrap up the show and decide a winner in an hour. This has been a confusing format. While it's been nice to see more of the players for longer I think that the format has been too complicated and unfair. Still anxious to watch though :0)

I *think*, (and hoping) that the finale is 2 hours. At least it was for the other BB's I've seen.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I'm sure they will, but if the producers don't keep us abreast of MVP points, the show will suffer. I'm talking graphics that say "putt for birdie, to win the challenge, earn X MVP points, and take over the lead for the women." The enjoyment of this finale may come down to us realizing how much pressure and MVP points ride on each shot, how it twists and turns, etc.

Predictions?

The best BB Finale I have ever seen.....

Interesting challenge style eliminations early, maybe with up and down challenges, trouble shot challenges, closest to the pin with eliminations, etc.

A few chances for players to select their opponent to add to the drama.

Eliminations of the non-entire golf hole variety I rank the players thusly...

A Rod, Blair, Sara/Andrew even, Lori/Football next with Brian in the woodshed "dominating".

Maybe a Final Four stroke play for 9 and a back 9 match play for final two? I'm looking forward to the benched players cheering for their gender and some certain conflicts/drama to arise.

I think a woman will win. Was going with Blair, but Sara has been tweeting and facebooking a ton. Carling did the same last year. I'll take Blair/Sara/A Rod photo finish...

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

yeah...Brian will be "dominating" Elena in the woodshed
meanwhile complimenting eachother on how eveything they did was "pured"

sorry...had to!! hahahha!!!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I *think*, (and hoping) that the finale is 2 hours. At least it was for the other BB's I've seen.

I'd like that also but my TV guide says one hour (although it isn't always correct). If it is one hour it'll be interesting to see just how they accomplish crowning a champion from 9 players in that time. So far one of the more interesting BB I've watched.

Butch

Alot to cram into 1 hour. Although, I personally didn't care for the team format this year, I'm still looking forward to the final episode.
I really enjoyed looking at Sara this year, but, I would bet thats a lot of maintenance right there.

G10 Driver
G5 3 wood
G5 5 wood
G10 21,24,28 & 32 Hybrids
2010 710 AP2 7-PW w/DG300SVokey 58 & 52 2009 Spin Milled 2 Ball Blade 34" ProV1 2009 Pioneer Bag

I'd like that also but my TV guide says one hour (although it isn't always correct). If it is one hour it'll be interesting to see just how they accomplish crowning a champion from 9 players in that time. So far one of the more interesting BB I've watched.

hmmmm.. unless its a two-parter, that's a short hour for so much.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

yeah...Brian will be "dominating" Elena in the woodshed

The grip, the takeaway, the balance, the transition, the thrust and the contact. It was so effortless. The other girls often stand around and watch me. They ooo and ahh. Nobody can do it like I can. I'm a Super Star.

Anyone watching live?

"putt-off" ?????? Booo!

agreed. put-off is boring

Driver: Taylormade R7
Wood: taylormade burner 3 wood
Hybrids: Jack Nicklaus 3 hybrid
Irons: Taylormade R9 TP 3-pw
Wedges: Taylormade r9 56* & Titliest Vokey 60* Putter: Odyssey WhiteHot XG #7 Ball: Nike one platinum & Bridgestone E6

The Putt off is a joke, I really hope that somehow the producers see this thread, they could learn A LOT.

Come on girls

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

Blake did his best but I don't think he had the mental streangth.

As a fellow Brit (now a US resident) Tom Abbott is such a Kn*b H**d (British terminology), he's almost embarrasing IMO lol.

As a fellow Brit (now a US resident) Tom Abbott is such a Kn*b H**d (British terminology), he's almost embarrasing IMO lol.

If you watch Family Guy, Tom is the epitome of what they make fun of. In U.S. he would (is) be a douche.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A-Rod's a softie!! Who knew? That was some major emotion right there. And well edited. Sara, Blair, Christina back to back to back birdies? Strong.

The putt off's got better, you could see the nerves and the pressure. But a putt off is NOT final worthy. If Blair had missed one during her putt off with Football, a player without a strike would have been eliminated in the final by missing the last out of, say, 10 five footers. What the hell is that!

Were MVP points handed out for matches, or putts, or anything? I don't recall... If not, it was Blair or Arod winning no matter what? Even with neither of them on the course for the final hole. Hmmmmm. What I first thought was an odd format, then became very interesting, ended up not so great. Like a chip you thin a bit, it's nice as it is on line and has a chance, but misses and goes 8 feet past.

Still a big fan of the show, i will be glued to the next edition! Glad Sarah "Karma'd" Idiot Skatell. Unfornately, his ridiculousness was ultra-over the top tonight and detracted from the show. Not very entertaining, more annoying than usual.

Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!