IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How about this for next year, or any season where MVP type points are used... and especially when you have multiple players in the finale in a team competition.

During the head to head matches in the finale, let the players determine how many points were "up for grabs?" i.e.

"I'll play you on number 6 for 10 MVP points."
"No, make it 20, and we play #8"
"Fine, but I ___________ (get to start at the 150 marker and skip the tee shot/get a stroke/let's play two holes instead/you have to let Brian hit your tee shot for you, etc.)"

The egos and pressure would lead to some great stakes and even better matches, as players make big moves and others pull a Skatell and shrivel up.

Blair and A-Rod, as leaders in MVP points at the start of the show, would have the advantage of going last, so they would know exactly how many MVP points they would need to surpass anyone ahead of them. They might have been selected to play by another player as well during the intial stages. After everyone had the opportunity to pick one opponent, agree on the stakes and the hole, etc. you can narrow it down to two or four people.. THEN you duke it out for the team win. A large number of MVP points being either awarded, won, or points that were on the line was exactly what was missing last night. I like this idea so much, I'm sending it to the golf channel. I'm hearing they want fan's feedback anyway.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

The women really unloaded a can of whoop-a** on the guys last night. Congrats to 'em.

And lol @ Bryan... "these lesser men..." and so forth. He doesn't disappoint.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

This season kept me interested more than most of the others, so I hope they keep this kind of format going forward. I'm looking forward to the next season already. Congrats to the ladies for winning this year, and to be honest, they seemed to be the stronger overall team from the beginning. It was a nice touch seeing them give Andrew an exemption next year as well. You could tell it meant a ton to him.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The guys really crumbled their on the last day. They were one up, and got to pick the matchups and still got unloaded on. None-the-less, congrats to the ladies. I look forward to seeing Blair and A-Rod on those Tour events.

For the record, I prefer the "every man for themself" format.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Awesome show (even if flawed with a putt-off)!!

Brian didn't disappoint, and proved he's a bigger douche then we previously thought!
Sara's still a bit bitter (though it was 1 week for us to recover, and only 1 day for her)
The Kia Classic is at one of my favoite courses, Pacific Palms. I'm going to get a pass, take some days off work and follow Blair around (that sounded creepy huh?)
I admit I got a bit chocked up with A-Rod as well, I'm a bit of a softy...

I can't wait for the next Big Break!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Just Blair going to Kia? I thought all the girls were going.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Agree with lots of posts, the putt offs were lame.

If Brian is not putting on an act for the cameras, he needs some mental health therapy.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Just Blair going to Kia? I thought all the girls were going.

Blair is going cause she won the MVp challenge..

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

Blair is going cause she won the MVp challenge..

Let's hope she buys some better outfits with the winnings than those dreadful thing-a-ma-jobs she has been sportin'.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

What is S&T;?

Duffy,

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Thanks. I shoulda figured that out.

Duffy,

Just so everyone knows....

I have been DOMINATING this thread. No one can do it like I can. I've taught myself to do this in only 2 weeks. How many people do YOU know that could do that? In only two weeks! To be able to dominate professional golf threads. That's right, nobody can do that. Only Bryan's... and only this one. Me, me, me, me, me, me!

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Just so everyone knows....

Hah, very well said! "What happened out there?" "I don't know, made a good swing, just hit it too pure..." Greatest. Quote. Ever.

I thought it was a good ending to the show. I know the putt-off was a bit weak, but it did get the nerves up for the players which made for good tv. It created a situation where you could clearly be the better player on the show, but you hit one bad putt and you're gone. You don't have another shot to recover like you would if they were playing more holes. Its one putt or they're done. Lots of nerves and lots of tension. I really didn't mind it all that much. Was surprised to see Blair win it but clearly well deserved as she hit some clutch shots out there. Nice to see A-Rod get the tournament bid as well, he played hard and kept the men in it many times throughout the show. Well deserved and he was clearly grateful and humbled. I don't know about anyone else, but my opinion of A-Rod changed because of this show. I remember not really liking him all that much his first time around on BB. But this time, he seemed to be a different person and he quickly became one of the guys I was rooting for each week. Can't wait for the next BB! In the meantime, when is the next Haney Project???

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

I agree with whoever said that Brian should be a permanent cast member. Someone please tell me that he gets paid extra to act like that. But congrats to the ladies - some good golf on the last day. Agree that the putt off is lame - too much at stake to hinge on one putt (and one hole at that). But overall a great show - can't wait for the next season!
  • Like 1

ONE: I find it easy to ignore Brian's words after he reflected on his actions. I also ignore his words on what and exceptional talent he believes himself to be. While I admire the guy for his comeback from ulcerated colitis and his obvious state of physical fitness he isn't the most reliable fellow for evaluating his or other's talents or rules violations in my estimation. Lori is even a worst example of "knowing the rules".

I didn't know that Brian had Ulcerative Colitis. Well, I suppose he doesn't now as a quick Google search revealed he had surgery to remove his colon - which is the only "cure". I'm no fan of Brian - he is completely delusional but essential to a funny show. Two years ago I was diagnosed with UC. Life sucked bad for a while. In all seriousness, I wouldn't wish this on my enemy. I wasn't able to play golf for months and then was super tentative and just downright scared because of what UC does to you. Thankfully I got better...until my medicine (apparently, so the doc's say) caused a reaction that ended up with me losing ~25% of my body weight (~45 lbs), being hospitalized and in an isolation room as they didn't know what was wrong - turned out to be just a lung infection but thought it might be TB. This was last Feb. From there I got better with HUGE doses of steroids - which is unsustainable, and now some new medicine which, sadly, is extremely expensive (think decent used car per treatment). All that said I'm back to doing well (which is priceless, trust me) but will never be free from it. From speaking with other long time UC sufferers the mental aspect dies down but never goes away. FWIW, Heath Slocum also has UC. He apparently almost died before being correctly diagnosed years ago. I gotta root for Heath to win just because of that. I won't root for Brian, but I know wonder what part of his personality was shaped by having UC. It's physically debilitating and mentally torturous. His narcissistic (

http://goo.gl/hgrM ) tendencies might be related. ...and his one liners are just classic. This season of BB was, all in all, good and interesting. The new format was odd at first but worked out. They should keep it in the rotation. The men had such a poor showing on the last show. To win the first challenge, have an extra player AND still lose? OUCH. That's the thing about golf though. Some days you have it, some days you don't. Apparently no male had it that day.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

And whatever happened to romance between Brian and Elana (sp?)?

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

• Administrator
And whatever happened to romance between Brian and Elana (sp?)?

I think I saw on Us Weekly that they adopted some orphans from China or Africa, then Elena was shown with cellulite on the cover Star, and then National Enquirer reported that Brian was cheating on Elena with a mirror, so they're in the middle of a nasty divorce.

Typical Hollywood romance, you know...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2785 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!