IGNORED

I'm pretty sure I'll get my account closed for this but...

bong_crosby
Note:Β This thread is 4932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

really, Eric, closing the 'sex with the beer cart girl' thread? I'm not defending the guy, but closing the thread without explanation just because you don't agree with the content?

It's akin to the little kid taking his football and going home because his team is losing.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

You need an explanation for it?

How old are you? 16?

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/Β Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/Β Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I agree. While it may be ok to talk like that with your adult buddies, this is a public forum meaning women and children also visit. Nobody's perfect, and I think some judgment had to be made in that case.

Bud,
If you want to have to prove your over 18 before viewing the forum, then by all means let's start talking about anything and everything that we (mostly males) can think of. Truth is, this forum is about golf. Golf can be played and enjoyed by everyone without having worry about who's doing what with the cart girl. If you want the ST guys to continue putting out the great information, reviews, and the public forum that they do, then be appreciative that threads like that get closed. Thanks.

What's in my bag:
Driver:Β taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods:Β adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons:Β mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges:Β wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gifΒ 60*Putter:Β ping.gifAnserBall:Β titleist.gifProV1xΒ Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

Oh come on - the last time i read the thread it was harmless. Even Amazon sells a book that goes into the same direction as this thread and doesnt bother "censoring" it -

http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Tee-Ti...7819723&sr;=8-2 Eric, if you are intrested in protecting moral values in our society, i guess there are a million other points you could start with that have a higher priority than this thread was.
If you want to have to prove your over 18 before viewing the forum, then by all means let's start talking about anything and everything that we (mostly males) can think of.

LOL - okay so lets close down every thread regarding Tiger Woods and his affairs, the AK thread and his gambling and drinking, every thread that mentions John Daly, i guess we can find a lot more (pro golf outside the ropes isnt exactly "church worthy"), if thats or moral compass we are guided by!

Yes its a golf forum, but if you havent noticed yet, this forum also provides some kind of entertainment value to its readers, and that actually differentiate it from other forums. If thats no longer the case, its an easy choice, really.

Burner 9Β°
FW Burner 15Β°
Burner Rescue 19Β°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50Β° CG12 DSG 54Β° & 60Β°

Oh come on - the last time i read the thread it was harmless. Even Amazon sells a book that goes into the same direction as this thread and doesnt bother "censoring" it -

I get why you would make a big stink out of this....I really do. There was nothing terrible said in the thread. But Eric has been here long enough to know where things lead to with us guys. I would think you could have the wherewithal to understand his reasons for closing the thread. You obviously think he's doing something right since you joined up. Take a second to view it from his seat.

What's in my bag:
Wedges:Β wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gifΒ 60*Putter:Β ping.gifAnserBall:Β titleist.gifProV1xΒ Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

Actually, the moderation on this site is perfect. He keeps the BS out but doesn't go overboard. I visit two golf forums, the other one is wrx. Just an hour ago I got a PM from a mod telling me not to tell another forum member about a thread. My post was deleted. The thread in question was an adverstisement for Amino Vital, some kind of energy drink. A mod had posted this in the Swing forum. Yet he won't allow the guy in question to post a pic of a putter because he refinishes putters professionally. What a double standard. I have seen so many threads locked down over there. You guys should count your blessings that Eric runs this board.

-Dan

Bud, Golf can be played and enjoyed by everyone without having worry about who's doing what with the cart girl.

Perhaps you meant to quote the above.

Yes its a golf forum, but if you havent noticed yet, this forum also provides some kind of entertainment value to its readers, and that actually differentiate it from other forums. If thats no longer the case, its an easy choice, really.

And the entertainment continues.

What's in my bag:

The discussion is rather tacky, I don't see the point for having it. This forum does provide entertainment, but as the owner, Erik is entitled to censor the content he finds unappropriate.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does anyone here pay to use this forum?

The Mods can lock/delete any thread they want to, esp if those people are also owners. Don't like it here's some solutions. Start your own Golf forum. I am sure there are more than a few places on the internet where you can find people making up stories of having sex with cart girls, female golf pros, circus performers, etc etc. Join one of those forums.
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

That thread had potential to go down hill very quickly. I even commented on it making a joke, later thinking it may not have been a good idea since it only fueled the thread. We'll never know, but I'm betting in the long run it was a good thing it was locked.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9Β° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52Β°/56Β°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

I support Eric closing the thread and feel it was completely appropriate to do so. TST is privately owned and is operated for general public consumption but supported by advertising income, and it is necessary to operate the business in an appropriate manner.

Frankly, I am often disappointed in many posts that are very sexist and "old boys club" nature. It is ironic that many people here on TST would quickly denounce the old image of a bunch of old guys at a men's-only club, chomping on their cigars while making derogatory comments about women or other groups. And yet much of that same behavior is exhibited throughout the forums.

I am no prude, and in an appropriate private setting with the right friends I can indulge in ribald chats with the best of them. But this is a forum that should not create an uncomfortable environment for anyone - it should be enjoyable for all and promote the love of the game. Think to yourself: would I want my grandmother or my 15 year old daughter to read what I'm about to post? If not, then don't post it. Because someone's daughter or grandmother is viewing this site.

I support Eric closing the thread and feel it was completely appropriate to do so. TST is privately owned and is operated for general public consumption but supported by advertising income, and it is necessary to operate the business in an appropriate manner.

Well put.

I don't agree with the sometimes mindless following of Eric on this forum (not his fault, just people sucking up I suppose), but in this case and others like it, I have to agree completely with his decision.

I guess if you want to say anything you want about any subject, open your own board. Its kinda of like we're all hanging out at somebody's house, the owner of the house makes the rules, if you dont like it, go home. As long as you keep the topics reasonable, you wont have any problems. It IS about golf, remember???? Its ok to discuss other things, just use some judgment.

Driver-Taylormade Burner TiΒ 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3Β wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golfΒ 20Β deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

LOL - okay so lets close down every thread regarding Tiger Woods and his affairs, the AK thread and his gambling and drinking, every thread that mentions John Daly, i guess we can find a lot more (pro golf outside the ropes isnt exactly "church worthy"), if thats or moral compass we are guided by!

You're really going to compare pro golfers' "issues" and discussing those "issues" in the forum to asking people if they've had sex with a cart girl and to tell a story in regards to that?

Get a clue.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/Β Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/Β Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Lets keep it real....This is probably a conversation we have all engaged in one form or another over the years...but its probably best saved for the 19th hole and not this forum.

9032LSΒ  Driver Speedline Fast 10 3wΒ  2009 TPΒ  3-PW

Tour Action 588 60* and 56*Β  Reg 588 50*Β  Classic #1 BlackΒ  Gamer V2

I think he should close this thread for the fact that it's a pointless discussion. You aren't gonna get your precious sex fuelled pointless and distasteful thread back, so don't bother even trying to get Erik's attention. Please refer to Clambake's response for my opinion.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5Β°, Proforce V2 HL S |Β PINGΒ G5, 15Β°, 18Β°, Aldila NV 75 S | PINGΒ G5, 19Β°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

The closed thread was a stupid topic with absolutely zero entertainment or informational value. It existed solely for the purpose of giving immature members an excuse to lie about their improbable success with the opposite sex. Erik was wholly justified in closing it, and I'm kind of surprised that he didn't delete it as well.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note:Β This thread is 4932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!