IGNORED

What would you do?

Neco
Note: This thread is 4914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was playing yesterday and we are were on #2 green putting. It is a double dogleg par 5 but from 180 or so in you can see your approach shot very well.

We were putting, I see this guy move to his ball about 135 yards out. I look down at my put, address the put and hear his ball smack the green right next to us.

I look at him with my arms open like "wtf" and go back to my put (which I missed).

Hitting into someone on the green is easily a huge insult but I am wondering how the general golf population here would react.

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

He definitely should have apologized at the first opportunity. Was he playing your hole, or did he end up in your fairway, and then messed up his shot to his green? Seems like he got your message, though, since you didn't say that he continued to hit into you the rest of the day.

Was playing yesterday and we are were on #2 green putting. It is a double dogleg par 5 but from 180 or so in you can see your approach shot very well.

I'd probably have reacted the same way. A drive can go longer than expected so I cut people slack there, but an approach from < 150 is pretty much aiming right at you.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

once...ok ill let it go...we have all done it (maybe not from a 150yds tho)...thats taking dead aim at you
twice....his ball would disapear
three times - pull shirt over head, punch in face until laying on the green....call pro shop and tell them there is an obstruction on the green (sorry just the "Canadian" in me)
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I don't know. That is just rediculous, probably the same reaction. I'd probably kick the ball off the green as I'm walking off too.

A month ago or so, I came the closest I've ever been to getting hit. I hit a drive on the edge of the next fairway, hole runs along each other. I am getting ready to hit, see the guys teeing off. I think, well, if they pull it, they will yell fore, I'll duck, take one in the back, no big deal. Anyway, I watch this guy hit, can't see the ball. It comes zipping past me in between my bag and me chest high. Really?? You couldn't yell. I don't care about a welt or what, but I care about my teeth. It pissed me off. I just stared, hit my shot and went on.

Brian

once...ok ill let it go...we have all done it (maybe not from a 150yds tho)...thats taking dead aim at you

I was like must be a Hockey player, then I saw this. Yupp a hockey player. Ive accidentally cranked a 3w off the deck that went like 230 avg is 210 that slammed a trap next to my friends and gave em all a big scare. But I think theres a topic with alot of pages on this h/o. Ill find it.

here it is: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...-do?highlight=
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I don't let this one go at all. From inside of 150 (or even from inside of 200) he had no business hitting before you cleared the green. He is going to get an earful from me, and if he isn't abjectly apologetic, then he might hear even more. For that one there is no conceivable excuse.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A month ago or so, I came the closest I've ever been to getting hit. I hit a drive on the edge of the next fairway, hole runs along each other. I am getting ready to hit, see the guys teeing off. I think, well, if they pull it, they will yell fore, I'll duck, take one in the back, no big deal. Anyway, I watch this guy hit, can't see the ball. It comes zipping past me in between my bag and me chest high. Really?? You couldn't yell. I don't care about a welt or what, but I care about my teeth. It pissed me off. I just stared, hit my shot and went on.

You were in their fairway. Yes, they should have yelled fore, but you probably should have waited until they had all hit their drives before you went into their fairway.

This happened to me last week, I guess the guy was 150 out and put one on the green we were standing on.

We both gave him "WTF arms", he came up and apologized, said he had miscalculated the yardage. He seemed genuinely sorry so I didn't think much of it, though I thought the guy I was playing with might pull a club.

You were in their fairway. Yes, they should have yelled fore, but you probably should have waited until they had all hit their drives before you went into their fairway.

No I wasn't. I was in the rough down the right side on the left side of my hole.

Brian

This happened to me last week, I guess the guy was 150 out and put one on the green we were standing on.

How could he miscalculate the yardage if he hit the green that doesnt really make sense. I def woulda pulled a club and done damage. Ive been hit in the leg and it was by a wicked slice from two holes over once so I wasnt to terribly mad @ guy he said he yelled FORE but he was two holes over so its quite possible I didnt hear him but to hit the green. Hell no someone would be hurt.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

I was once standing on a tee box playing in a HS Tournment, and my teammate gets hit on the head by a tee shot. He ends up with more stitches than his handicap. Blood was all over the place. This tee box was surrounded on two sides by some 10 foot pines, it was a one in a million shot, but I will never forget it.

So what would I do if a guy hit into me while on a green from inside 200? Much less 150? A staredown, maybe a shout his direction of the smart azz variety, and his ball would be removed from the green by my putter towers the nearest bunker or other undesirable location.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

That's a bogus excuse, how could he have miscalculated? It makes no sense, basically he was trying to make you believe he was not aiming for the green?

Joe Paradiso

I would have done what you did the FIRST time, and perhaps said something. SECOND time, I'm calling the clubhouse becuase assaulting someone and being on the six o'clock news is a bad look, homie.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

No I wasn't. I was in the rough down the right side on the left side of my hole.

OK, that's different than you originally said, which was that you were on the edge of their fairway. Either way, if I'm anywhere close to being in range of someone off the tee, I get well away from the landing zone, stand behind a tree, anything to stay safe. From 250 yards away, they really can't tell whether they will be hitting close to you.

I had a guy hit up on us 3 holes in a row and the third time I grabbed an iron hit it far away. Once or twice might be condoned but the third time just ticked me off.

Had another guy that almost hit us from an adjacent fairway with no FORE. As he comes, I tell him he should have yelled FORE and he says he did and does not apologize then walks off like he owns the course... FORE or not, you should always apologize when coming close to hitting someone.

« Keith »

Same thing-arms up WTF?.

Then i'd ask a followup when he was within earshot, on the next tee or whatever. I like to know whether it was an honest mistake or i'm going to be dealing with this all afternoon.

Note: This thread is 4914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!