IGNORED

Stickers on driver shaft

binga7
Note: This thread is 4910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there any disadvantage of not taking the sticker off my taylormade shaft. Its the normal sticker with the S/N on it, just above the club of the head.

WOuld this affect kick point etc???

Never had a Taylormade, but the stickers on my drivers have never seemed to be firm enough to affect the flex.

I just take the barcode off now, i buy too much equipment and it's a pain to take the sticky gunk off it now.

Is there any disadvantage of not taking the sticker off my taylormade shaft. Its the normal sticker with the S/N on it, just above the club of the head.

I would imagine retailers to be smart enough to not place it on the shaft it if it did actually affect the kick. Don't worry about it. I always take it off since I like my shaft looking clean.

I just take the barcode off now, i buy too much equipment and it's a pain to take the sticky gunk off it now.

Just use some acetone or rubbing alcohol and it will come right off.

« Keith »

I always take it off since I like my shaft looking clean.

There’s a joke just waiting to happen, but I’ll let it pass.

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

it's a sticker.
kinds like saying that if you put a stamp on one of a helicopters blades that it's unbalance it and you'd crash (it doesn't do anything)

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

My wife gave me a tip on this that changed my life ....

Use a hairdryer. Heat the label for a while until it's melty and very pliable. It should come right off with minimal residue. Then, some rubbing alcohol will take off any sticky stuff that lingers.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

If you remove that sticker the Sticker Police will come and find you...or wait, I am thinking about those mattress tags...never mind...Mattress Police have no jurisdiction over stickers.

The hairdryer trick is the way to go.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

We must be real bored.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Take it off and put it on your Honda Civic. It's common knowledge that each sticker = +5 hp.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Goof Off always does the trick for me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You could always cover it up with another sticker...

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

My wife gave me a tip on this that changed my life

Yep. That's what stores do when they take the stickers off for you then use grip solvent.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

From the TaylorMade site:

NOTES ON TM IDENTIFICATION/WARRANTY STICKERING Stickering located within 2 inches of the hosel adds two swing weight points and stiffens shaft by approximately half a flex. If the sticker is between 3 and 4 inches in length, it adds half a degree of loft to the club. Depending on the amount of stripes on the barcode, weight is affected (.0003 grams per stripe). Depending on alignment, it will make the club a "Draw bias". Care is taken at the factory to ensure neutral alignment, but can not be guaranteed. Grey stickering essentially turns a graphite shaft into one which feels like steel, consequently allowances for this must be taken during fitting and ordering phases. N.B. Warranty of clubs where stickering is removed is void as the structural integrity of the club is compromised after its removal. When reshaftinhg, replacement stickering must be purchased from TM (may be done online) and must be applied by an authorised TM technician.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

After removing my stickers I get clear ones of equal weight from the TM tech. That way I don't alter the club from fitting to course, but I still maintain a clean shaft.

After removing my stickers I get clear ones of equal weight from the TM tech. That way I don't alter the club from fitting to course, but I still maintain a clean shaft.

Good move. I get the mylar ones, but the holgram authenticity sticker is stuffing up my balance!

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Great thread. I'm learning a lot. But what happens to golfers with shaft stickers who live/play/vacation SOUTH of the Equator? Are all properties and effects reversed? I'm confused...

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I can't tell if this is a joke post or not. lol.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

Note: This thread is 4910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!