IGNORED

Your 2011 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas

Note: This thread is 3998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want to get my handicap below 11.  I want to improve my sand play, rythym, on course relaxation

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

scratch or better this year is the overall goal

stop losing my temper on a poor shot

place top 10 in an amateur tournament

Win an entertainment invite tournament

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Just once do I want to break 40. I hit 40 at least 5 times last year and could've east made a three-footer here or there. Only had once chance to play this year so far, and I thought it was definitely a better start to the year than in the past, so I think it'll actually happen this time.

As for other goals, my putting needs a lot of work (whose doesn't?). Then again, everything does, but if there's one thing I really want to improve on, it would be my putting.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would really like to get my index down to the low teens.

I would like to consistently break 90, I typically shoot low 90's with my best round being an 85.

ping.gif Hoofer C1 Stand Bag
taylormade.gif R11 10.5 Driver 

taylormade.gif RBZ #3 Fairway Wood
cleveland.gif Launcher DST #5 Fairway Wood
wishon.gif 785HF #3, #4, #5 Hybrids - Graphite shaft
wishon.gif 770cfe #6-SW - Graphite shaftodyssey.gif White Ice Putter  

2011 Golf Goals:

Lower HC from 10.2 to 8

Work on my swing so it is easier to repeat on every shot

Work on improving my scrambling.....up and down stats

Work more on the short game & putting.

Re: Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread:

Practice the short game more - I did this

Commit to every shot - Most of the time

Lower handicap from 14 to 9  - Just missed 10.2

Better course management - Working on it

Play 3 time a week minimum - Played twice a week

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Start shooting mid-80's consistently.

Hit more fairways

Become better at lagging putts

Most of all though....just play more golf. This will only be my third full summer playing golf and last summer I was only able to play about once per month. So, playing more golf is something I really want to do.

Goal 1: Hit more than 50% of the fairways with my driver

Goal 2: Keep Putts under 32 per round

Goal 3: Get handicap steadily below a 5

Goal 4: Play as much golf as possible :-)

Driver: Titleist D3 9.5, Project X
3 Wood: Adams Tight Lies
Irons: Titleist AP2
Wedges: 51 Degree Cleveland, 54 and 58 Degree CG 15
Putter: Ping Kushin (Old School Baby!)

My golf goals this year are as follows.

1. Break 80, the best round I have ever shot is an 80.

2. Get my index down to a 11-12 maybe 10, depending on how much I play (took a hiatus from work this summer so I am doing nothing but golf and my am-tour)

3. Become more consistent off the tee box, meaning hit more fairways.

4. Most importantly, have more fun and not take this game too seriously, I have a tendency to think it is life or death, I think if I get that under control I will reach my goals this year.

Best of luck to everyone

Driver-Titleist 910 D2
Wood-Cobra S2 3 wood
Wood-Cobra S2 5 wood
Hybrids-TM Burner 4-5 hybrid
Irons-Cobra S2 irons 6-9, Wedges-Clevaland CG14 48* 52* 56* 58*, Flatstick-SeeMore mFGP2 limited #086 out of 200 made, Bridgestone e6.

1. Get my handicap in the single digits 2. Be more consistent in my swing 3. Spend more time practicing 4. Improve my short game (chipping & putting) 5. Play in more tournaments!!

In my bag:
Driver - Callaway X 460 Tour stiff, 3 Wood - Callaway Diablo 15° stiff, 7 Wood - Callaway Diablo 21° stiff, Irons - Ping Zing black dots 5-SW regular steel, Putter - Ping Anser, Ball - Titleist Pro V1, Bag - Callaway X22 Red stand bag, Shoes - Nike Air Zoom Elite II bronze

I'd really like to get into the 12-15 range this season. Which means shooting alot more pars and finding consistency around the green for me.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

1. Break 90 on 18, Break 43 on 9.

2. Improve my course management, (Reduce Penalty Strokes for OB/lost balls).

3. Establish a handicap index by joining the wed men's league and reccording enough rounds to establish the index.

4. Start tracking all my stats on the computer, and figure out where I am giving up most of my strokes on the course, then practice to improve those areas.

5. Beat both of my buddies who are now retired, and playing 4 times a week at least one time this season... I used to be pretty close to both of them, but now that they are playing more, they are leaving me in the dust.

6. Play more golf with my sons this year. (19, and 13 yr old both like the game).

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Stretch

1. Play through the whole year without injury.

2. Get my index down to 5.0.

3. Shoot par or better on my home course.

Achieved two of my 2011 goals today when I shot 72 at my home course and, as a result, my handicap was cut to 5.0.

Pretty normal day on the front, playing OK, leaking a few shots here and there with some indifferent putting and chipping. Driving like a champ, though. Then just made everything I looked at after the turn. One over for the round on the par 5 18th, laid up with my second in front of the water guarding the green and hit a full wedge to 8 inches. Easiest putt of the day!

Screen shot 2011-04-21 at 5.05.51 PM.png

Pretty chuffed with that. Might have a few ales tonight.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a long list of things to improve on but will focus on 5 things.

1.  Need to improve Driver alignment, which leads to more fairways.

2.  Continue to work on pace of play...Slow down, stop feeling like I need to rush!

3.  Shoot 44 or better on 9holes

4.  Lag putting to ~3ft.

5.  Shoot 89 or better consistently

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Note: This thread is 3998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!