IGNORED

Average Drive Carry Distance

Big Don
Note: This thread is 3621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 members have voted

1. 1. How Far Do You Carry Your Drive?

• Less than 200 yards
    • 200-225 Yards
    • 225-250 Yards
    • 250-275 Yards
    • Over 275 Yards

I'm not sure precisely but I have selected less than 200 yards as my total drive would be about 210 yards

In the bag:

SX 9 reg flex driver
10.5 deg true temper steel shaft driver
R7 3 woodfatshaft "deep red" 3 woodderby cavity back iron set (3-pw)derby putter

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've gotten 300 on extremely well struck drives..but my avg is 260 - 270. I need to get my ball to roll more...but that baby fade I naturally play just knocks the ball down!
When they measured my SS, it was 110 avg 115 at the fastest... but I can't control that sh**!
I'm happy with 260 in the fairway..controlled than going: whoa that drive went like 290..... but i'm in thick ass rough!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

wow... alot of people clicked carry over 275.... i'm sure some of them hit those #'s but i doubt all of them...

for the newbs: carry is distance of the in the air before the first bounce, not total yardage..

and the poll is about average not best hit....

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

I think I average 250-260 with roll but not sure on direction. I've laid the ball within 10 yards left of the pin on the course that said the tee box was 300+ yards but I don't know how accurate these public courses are.

Went to Golf Galaxy today and was very disappointed. Either the machine wasn't calibrated right or something. My 3 wood was going 210-230 yards but my driver was registering at under 200 yards???

« Keith »

i carry it about 215 with 15-20 yards of roll ill carry it 225 if its well struck

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

• 1 year later...

If you take an average roll of 20 yards (some rolls can be up to 100 yards if severly downhill), the average carry for the PGA tour over the past few years was about 260 yards. Surely all these people on this board can't be out-carrying the PGA tour professionals?

In the bag:

SX 9 reg flex driver
10.5 deg true temper steel shaft driver
R7 3 woodfatshaft "deep red" 3 woodderby cavity back iron set (3-pw)derby putter

I am new to golf (May, 2009) but I have gone probably 3-4 times a week since then. I have just worked out the kinks in my driving and can finially hit 75%+ fairways. Just yesterday morning I drove the green on a 306 yarder. Last week on the back nine of one of my favorite courses I drove within 20 yards of the green on a 326 and within 50 yards on a 376. Finally, the week before that I drove the green on a 317 yarder. I don't know how far they carried, but I know I was in Eagle position for the first and last one and Birdie for the rest.

I really didn't think (until I spoke with a Pro today) that I was driving very far. For some reason I thought 400 was far, not 300. Either way, I'm just happy to be hitting straight. I can hit my 6 iron a good 200 yards, though. I just need to get my putting in order, haha.

I am a pretty straight hitter and my carry averages around 220-230 probably.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

I probably get about 200 yards of carry or so, maybe 20 yards of roll on average, around 220 is an average drive.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I'm around a 260-270 carry. I don't get that much roll anymore. I stop at around 280-290

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Sometimes I will have so much backspin my drives will stop dead or even roll back a little. I'd like to switch that to some kind of spin where I will get some roll. It happens but only accidentally on a low-trajectory shot with a mild hook or mild slice.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

170-180 yards if I'm not hitting it on the heel and about 30-40 yards of roll (I love dry conditions)

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

• 2 months later...
Sometimes I will have so much backspin my drives will stop dead or even roll back a little. I'd like to switch that to some kind of spin where I will get some roll. It happens but only accidentally on a low-trajectory shot with a mild hook or mild slice.

i have the same problem i get about 285 carry with consistent good amount of backspin

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Note: This thread is 3621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!