IGNORED

Pipe Dream Show

Quinn07
Note: This thread is 2661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will probably record it and watch without commercials. I really hate it when playing with someone who is a jerk on the golf course. throwing clubs, cursing a lot, bugs me when this happens.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Did anyone else notice that before the show, they say this episode is brought to you by Bridgestone.  And he is all of the sudden wearing a Bridgestone hat.  Seems a little weird to me

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

Originally Posted by golf4fun12

I will probably record it and watch without commercials. I really hate it when playing with someone who is a jerk on the golf course. throwing clubs, cursing a lot, bugs me when this happens.

You'll love when he smacks his head repeatedly against the golf cart in one of the latter episodes.

It's strange, when he is conversing with his buddies from the homeless shelter or helping coach golf he is a likeable guy but on the course he's got to tone his temper down.   All he needs is some anger management classes and I think he'll be alright.  His golf game seems decent enough, espeically his short game which analysts claim is a pro's best asset.  He'll figure out his driver and long irons eventually.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by weavej2

the one thing he is great at ..is riding that damn bike with his golf bag on!!!!   If it were me that bag would hit a wheel and I would be ass over tincups...ride on Mark!!

Thats the best post ive seen on this thread.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Originally Posted by erock9174

You'll love when he smacks his head repeatedly against the golf cart in one of the latter episodes.

It's strange, when he is conversing with his buddies from the homeless shelter or helping coach golf he is a likeable guy but on the course he's got to tone his temper down.   All he needs is some anger management classes and I think he'll be alright.  His golf game seems decent enough, espeically his short game which analysts claim is a pro's best asset.  He'll figure out his driver and long irons eventually.

a friend of mine told me that he yells and blames everyone if he has a bad day at the golf course. I will watch it since I love anything golf.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

a friend of mine told me that he yells and blames everyone if he has a bad day at the golf course. I will watch it since I love anything golf.

Yes, that would be accurate.  He fires his caddy (who is also a buddy and I believe partially financed some of this comeback) midway through a round.

He constantly beats himself up over every bad shot.  It gets old.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Originally Posted by erock9174

Yes, that would be accurate.  He fires his caddy (who is also a buddy and I believe partially financed some of this comeback) midway through a round.

He constantly beats himself up over every bad shot.  It gets old.

The guy does have issues, he's ADD, and is / has been treated with other anti-depressants so can't say I'm surprised by his behavior when things don't go his way.  I can't say I like the guy, but I do feel bad for him.  I'm impressed that after two years of not playing he is able to compete at the level he is, with a abdominal hernia no less.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

forgot to comment in here. I watched a marathon of the show a few days ago. I enjoyed it but wouldn't watch it again. once is enough for me. I will watch the finale tonight. just to see what happens.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I'm impressed that after two years of not playing he is able to compete at the level he is, with a abdominal hernia no less.

Oh, I didn't know they were calling a bruised ego an "abdominal hernia" now a days

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Originally Posted by iPutt

Oh, I didn't know they were calling a bruised ego an "abdominal hernia" now a days

haha

I never have had a hernia before, but a co-worker has and he told me the pain was like nothing he has experienced before.

haha

I never have had a hernia before, but a co-worker has and he told me the pain was like nothing he has experienced before.

Exactly, which is why you don't just get a hernia and then get back to playing in the next few days without surgery and rehab.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Any one else catch that R11 he was sporting? I know it's fake but at least try to make it seem semi real because most people know a homeless guy who gave a couple lessons is not buying a RV and R11. This is just getting ridiculous I mean the idea had my interest but it's been staged so badly that I can't take it.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

This show is terrible. This guy is just not a likeable guy. Clueless, and did anyone else hear him say he is not interested in changing careers? He has never had a career and is a complete clown who is getting hand out after hand out.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

My gf sitting here watching this with me (who is so NOT into golf) just said to me, "How does a homeless guy afford your R11?"  This show is a riot!

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Have they mentioned how this jackass loser plans on fueling the RV?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

geez guys, he got all this stuff with money from sponsers. it's a product placement kind of thing. he is getting money from the golf channel to do the show also. who knows, the whole show could be fake. a lot of reality is fake nowadays. it has a lot of sent up shots. lot of it is scripted. sure, the guy is probably a dick in real life, but he did this for the exposure and money. in my opinion, it was a good idea to make a show like this for the golf channel, but it turned out to be bad. the ending was dumb as well. I should say a lack of an ending.

Quick tangent for some hernia tech:

If it's the bad kind (strangulation/incarcerated, which I had once) then yeah - it's exactly like getting kicked in the nuts, only instead of getting better after a while it gets worse by the hour. If not treated surgically they can result in tissue dying off from lack of blood, and fatality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPutt

Exactly, which is why you don't just get a hernia and then get back to playing in the next few days without surgery and rehab.

I didn't see the episode in question, but there are also mild hernias that can be completely painless and popped back in with a little pressure/manipulation.

Bill

This guy's a fvckin' tool.

I am very sensitive to homelessness. I have a close friend who was homeless as a teenager and was really affected by it, and a sister with some substance abuse issues who's spent some time on the street.

But this guy is an a$$hole. Yeah, he's got mental health issues. But he was abusive to Beverly Johnson (and, by the way...Google images of her in her prime and....yeah) and is ruled by his mommy issues into the later stages of middle age. I find it impossible to empathize with him. I wish him the best; but I hope the Golf Channel will get a brain and not try to extend this debacle another odious season.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Note: This thread is 2661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!