IGNORED

Worst Club in your bag?

bkoguy07
Note: This thread is 4798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would have to say the driver by far. I just hate that club all it does is put me deep in the woods or penalty strokes.Its crazy because there are days that i just smoke the ball one out of every 6 rds which is very bad thats why i love my hybrid it really saves my score when im in the fairway golf is mentally draining as it is i really dont want to be 40 yds in the woods trying to figure out how to get it in the fairway without really screwing up the hole.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, new to the forum. Probably my worst club is my 3 iron. I don't know whether its the fact that I don't have enough swing speed for that club or whether it's all in my head, but my trajectory is significantly shallower on that club from my 4 iron. Maybe I should look into getting a hybrid, but I'm young and I used to be able to bomb my ol' Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3 iron (I hit 704 CB Titleist now). Don't know what the problem is, but gotta fix something.

For me its the 3-wood.  I suck with it.  I usually skull the ball and even when I do manage to get the ball up in the air it ends up being a big hook.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

60 degree lob wedge. Tried two different versions, but neither one was very reliable: 1/3 great shots, 2/3 disastrous shots (fatsies or skulls). Last fall I added a CG14 LW | 58.10 | and I can actually hit it fairly well. I use it mostly for partials inside 40 yds. If it ends up being too much hassle, I'll dump the 54 + 58 wedges in favor of an X-Forged 56.14 I used for about 18 months.

Needless to say, 60* is not in my bag, or even in the trunk of my car.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver for me. I can't seem to correct my slice with it.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Cant say I have one,I like em all thats why there in the bag.

Adams 9065LD 8.5* with a Nunchuk shaft
Adams CB1 gw-4i with Project X 6.0 shafts , Mizuno MT-11 58* wedge
Callaway Steelhead 3
Tour Exotics Hybrid 16* and 18*
Ping long putter

Used to be my driver, but I seem to have resolved that.  Now it's between my 60* wedge and putter.  I've tried a bunch of putters and I still can't putt, so I'm pretty certain it's not the club.  60* wedge will probably be left home most of the season this year, though when I am on with it, it's nice to have.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hybrid 3
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

4 hybrid. Then again it is a Kmart special Powerbilt Momentum, maybe I should get some good hybrids.

I already replaced the driver and fairway driver with a Callaway Diablo Edge driver and a Callaway Diablo Big Bertha fairway driver and saw a big improvement over the ones that came with the bag.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

A thousand years ago when I actually hit a golf ball (okay, not a thousand years, but it feels like it) it was my five iron. Probably because it's my lowest lofted iron and least used iron in my bag. At the same time, it's my favorite club to hit because it feels so nice when I stripe one. C'mon Spring!!

mine are definitely my woods...if it is off the tee or off the fairway i just can not hit them. i do not know why and i have tried range session after range session to correct it i just cant. needless to say i pretty much jus leave them in my trunk

Driver taylormade.gif SLDR 12* Stiff Shaft Set Neutral
Woods- 4 Wood taylormade.gif R9 X-Stiff
Irons- adams.gif A3 Idea Steel Shaft
Wedges- Cleveland CG12 60* and 52*

Putter- Rife Antigua Island 31.5" with XL Grip

Sand wedge, I just don't hit it enough.  Don't play on a lot of courses with sand and don't use it for chipping and pitching, so I don't get the reps with it like I do with other clubs.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Take a trip to the Sandhills area in NC and you'll have plenty of opportunities to use that sand wedge.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

Mine is definitely my 19* hybrid. Chances of me actually making good contact was slim to none. Shanks, tops, and snap hooks galore with this club.

Driver: Taylormade R9 (10.5)  3wood: Nike SQ DYMO (15)   Hybrid: Nike SQ Sumo (19)  
Irons: Nike SQ Sumo (4-A)   Wedges: Taylormade RAC (56, 60)   Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1

Note: This thread is 4798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!