IGNORED

Headcovers (Covers) For Irons

ChgMan
Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Iron head covers are GAY.

And that is all I have to say about that!

Haha

I use to really enjoy Bowling. My average went from 167,177,185.197 and the last year I bowled in league a 201 average. I gave it up because some of my friends convinced me that Bowling was very Gay.

Iron head covers are GAY.

And that is all I have to say about that!

Haha

I use iron covers and I am not gay by any stretch of YOUR imagination. Probably an OHIO thing. I use them to save wear and tear on my irons, and to keep them quiet while walking. Also, if iron covers contribute to slow play, then those folks who believe that need to move to OHIO. This slow play stuff has gone to far for something that will never be fixed. It is what it is, and will always be  a part of the game/sport of golf.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have played with guys who use iron covers and on more than one occasion it has slowed play. While it should be a quick few seconds to take off and put back on it often isn't as such. There were many instances where they were fumbling around to find one that had been misplaced, and more than one occasion they had to drive back to a previous fairway to get one that was left behind. Additionally, they would often clean their club more diligently than needed to make sure they put the cover on a clean club, whereas it could easily have been placed in the bag with a bit of dirt / moisture on it and kept play moving. These little things add up over the course of a round and will impact pace IMO.

That being said, I am a walker, and my clubs make a ton of noise as I stroll up the fairway (or more likely the rough). I have been tempted to get iron covers simply for the noise reduction.

- Mark

I have of set of oversize head covers that have a hole formed into them to allow for a cord to be run through it to connect all the head covers together.  I'm thinking that the oversize covers will allow for quickly removing and replacing the head covers.  Connecting them all by cord will insure that I don't misplace any covers.  I just need to figure out the cleaning process and I'll have it?

Iron head covers are GAY. And that is all I have to say about that! Haha

Watch out for the PC police. :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I guess if we were supposed to use iron covers, PGA tour players would be showing us by using them on TV.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

I guess if we were supposed to use iron covers, PGA tour players would be showing us by using them on TV.

dave

What are the PGA tour players showing you on tv, that you are Suppose to be using? How has your personal caddie improved your game?

dave

(I don't use iron head covers, but....)

PGA Tour players don't care about club wear.  They get new, custom-built irons from their equipment sponsors at no cost any time they want them.

PGA Tour players also spend several minutes walking around the green lining up their putts from every angle possible.  If every weekend warrior sought to emulate Tour Pros, we'd all be playing 6-hour rounds.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I agree with the pace of play issue. To the guys who spends three seconds, good on you but most guys I see fumble around quite a bit with them. Usually right next to the green while I'm waiting to hit. At least carry then to your t-box.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

I agree with the pace of play issue. To the guys who spends three seconds, good on you but most guys I see fumble around quite a bit with them. Usually right next to the green while I'm waiting to hit. At least carry then to your t-box.

Yea, it's more of an etiquette thing, that some people just don't get. Club head covers don't make for slow play, slow players make for slow play. Kind of like the "Guns don't kill people, I kill people" t-shirt in Billy Madison

I have played with guys who use iron covers and on more than one occasion it has slowed play. While it should be a quick few seconds to take off and put back on it often isn't as such. There were many instances where they were fumbling around to find one that had been misplaced, and more than one occasion they had to drive back to a previous fairway to get one that was left behind. Additionally, they would often clean their club more diligently than needed to make sure they put the cover on a clean club, whereas it could easily have been placed in the bag with a bit of dirt / moisture on it and kept play moving. These little things add up over the course of a round and will impact pace IMO.

That being said, I am a walker, and my clubs make a ton of noise as I stroll up the fairway (or more likely the rough). I have been tempted to get iron covers simply for the noise reduction.

You're a walker.... walkers are the number ONE reason for slow play...... you're complaining about head covers slowing play come on

You're a walker.... walkers are the number ONE reason for slow play...... you're complaining about head covers slowing play come on

Um, as a walker I've been in plenty of positions to be slowed by players in carts fumbling for iron covers. That would require me to be keeping pace, right? This thread is about iron covers, not pace of play for walkers, I will not respond any further.

- Mark

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/84258/head-covers-for-irons/30#post_1195506"] You have got to be kidding me.[/quote]Oh, wait ... Are you talking about zombies? In that case, disregard my post and I agree.

Oh, wait ... Are you talking about zombies? In that case, disregard my post and I agree.

100% agree with this... Zombies are the worst when it comes to pace of play. Hate getting stuck behind them! Them and the Aflac duck!

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!