IGNORED

My Swing (iacas)

iacas

• Administrator

So, you're saying, the power is in the sweater! I think I have that exact one, too.

Old Navy FTW!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

I haven't had time to practice much at all lately (LSW completion), so given that, this isn't too bad.

When I do have time to practice, I do a lot of stuff similar to the pre-set drill. I push my hips forward with my head staying back (in place), and then I flatten my left wrist (it cups slightly sometimes during transition, which steepens the shaft, then I flatten it throughout the downswing) and I put the clubhead well inside my hands at 6. I pump back up to almost 5, keeping the clubhead well inside, and let my pressure points release on the follow-through.

Then, when I make full-swings, I just try to hit those positions again on the downswing. I played pretty well the other day doing this, but was a bit distracted during this round with the kiddo and all.

Anyway… pro thin for the win! :-D

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Awesome. Watching now.

Meh.

I guess I'm proof that sometimes the ugly swings can get it around the course okay… :P

P.S. The front nine at WWGC from the blacks: 36.6 / 143.

Had a good time watching this. Some nice putts there Erik..also, wish my toe hits were as good as yours..lol  You make golf look to dam easy.... :-$

• Administrator

Had a good time watching this. Some nice putts there Erik..also, wish my toe hits were as good as yours..lol  You make golf look to dam easy....

You haven't gotten to the end yet then… :)

You haven't gotten to the end yet then… :)

I was wondering if we would witness a four putt!!! :scared:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Erik, that was great. Thanks for making that. Really awesome to watch you play! Very impressive, but I'm not surprised.

And hopefully Natalie's love for the game continues to grow every day/month/season. It must be tough playing this game as a kid. I can only imagine, but thinking back to when I was kid, I'd probably have gotten so frustrated after the first day I would've quit.

Anyway, like @Hammer 4 , despite your self-deprication, you do make this game look easy. Great stuff.

Hey, the next time you and Mike see each other, you guys should try to fit in a course VLog if there's time. Watching the two of you playing together would be a real trip for all of us, I think. Just a suggestion.

Great job! Thumbs'd up your video on Youtube too. :-)

Constantine

That was a good watch. Those first 5 holes looked so effortless.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

@iacas are you going to do one of the back nine one day? I am interested to see what that plays like... ;)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Very nice, thanks for sharing. I like the commentary, too. I think it's pretty cool to get the mindset of the player as they prepare to take the shot. Gives you a unique perspective on plan vs execution.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

@iacas are you going to do one of the back nine one day? I am interested to see what that plays like... ;)

Hey you are not allowed to see the back nine till you play it!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Some day maybe, but I'd like to figure out why it goes blurry when I zoom.

P.S. Edit: Turns out it's not an optical zoom when recording video. Peh. Lame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

Some day maybe, but I'd like to figure out why it goes blurry when I zoom.

P.S. Edit: Turns out it's not an optical zoom when recording video. Peh. Lame.

If you figure it out, and remember this post, can you share that with me? I've always wondered the same about my Casio.

Constantine

IIRC, the 17th hole is a pretty cool hole. Big sand trap near the landing area and a stream along the green. Plus everyone knows the 16th from that "How Would You Play It?" thread.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

If you figure it out, and remember this post, can you share that with me? I've always wondered the same about my Casio.

It's in the P.S. It's only a digital zoom, not optical, when recording video.

IIRC, the 17th hole is a pretty cool hole. Big sand trap near the landing area and a stream along the green.

Plus everyone knows the 16th from that "How Would You Play It?" thread.

The back nine is full of interesting holes, as many of you will find out in the Erie/Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Buffalo get-together this August…

I guess I'm proof that sometimes the ugly swings can get it around the course okay… :P

lol that's kinda how I felt today.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74880/video-logs-vlogs-of-you-playing-golf-post-your-own/18#post_998103

Next time I'll have to add some commentary

Hey, the next time you and Mike see each other, you guys should try to fit in a course VLog if there's time. Watching the two of you playing together would be a real trip for all of us, I think. Just a suggestion.

Noted :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram