IGNORED

2011 WGC-Cadillac Championship at TPC Blue Monster

Zeph
Note: This thread is 4815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RedFox999

yea, his iron play hasnt been that good though especially compared to how good it was pre 09. He doesnt give himself enough close putts for birdie, most of the birdie putts he gets are like 20-30 footers so the iron play isnt that great. If it was, he would be shooting lower numbers even with his putting he wouldnt be missing too many inside 10 footers.

Actually I don't think the irons play has been all that bad. Not spectacular, and certainly not what it needs to be to win, but not bad. He's had a few terrible tee shots, and he's just missing putts. I think the worst part of his game is the goatee.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

His putting has been fine from 20+ feet....some of his 40 foot putts were great. His putts inside 12 feet suck....and his driving...well...44% of fairways speaks for itself.

I agree with Jamo, his irons have been O.K...definitely not bad. 72% of greens, and some have been pretty close

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by jamo

Actually I don't think the irons play has been all that bad. Not spectacular, and certainly not what it needs to be to win, but not bad. He's had a few terrible tee shots, and he's just missing putts. I think the worst part of his game is the goatee.

I mean I would take his iron game, lol but yea its not good enough for him to win

Oldest player's last name is Senior...

Francesco Molinari has played very well so far, two rounds of 68s, only one bogey.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

So I'm working ShotLink on the 16th fairway tomorrow.  The first pairing tees off at 8:30.  What time would you estimate they might get to me on the 16th?

Originally Posted by RedFox999

he was with foley then

**by the way, just looked up to the tv to watch Tigers tee shot. He just poppd up a three wood off the tee 170 yards barely making it to start of fairway!

Ah you are the biggest hater without even knowing anything about the swing he is trying to perform. And no he wasn't with foley then, his two bad pop ups were at the masters, and at The Players, both before the PGA championship which they started working together.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Ah you are the biggest hater without even knowing anything about the swing he is trying to perform. And no he wasn't with foley then, his two bad pop ups were at the masters, and at The Players, both before the PGA championship which they started working together.

I have most of foleys teachings, I like some of foleys stuff. I just dont like the attitude where Foley thinks hes got all the answers. On the popups, I remember him hitting a popup towards the end of a round with a three wood after working with foley. I will look it up later.

Originally Posted by jamo

I think the worst part of his game is the goatee.

No way dude, the goatee rocks :-P It means his evil, FU, "heel" turn might be starting, Because goatees = evil. Like this

evilcartman.jpg

We were actually talking the other day about how funny it would be if he did pull a page from pro wrestling and turn heel. Basically say screw you to everyone and get his mind back on world domination. To add to it, arrive to the course with a entourage filled with hot girls, and even call out a few players in interviews, or even his ex-wife. Yes, I come up with some flat out stupid ideas sometimes, but tell me every time he played wouldn't be must-see TV! You can't deny it wouldn't be!!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Tiger and Phil will be paired up again on the third round, both at even par for the tournament.

Kaymer and Mahan played in the WGC Match Play a couple of weeks ago where Kaymer won two up.

They are sort of similar players I'd say, consistent play, just keep grinding. Not making a lot of mistakes.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Quote:

Tiger and Phil will be paired up again on the third round, both at even par for the tournament.

Kaymer and Mahan played in the WGC Match Play a couple of weeks ago where Kaymer won two up.

They are sort of similar players I'd say, consistent play, just keep grinding. Not making a lot of mistakes.

+1

Bit like a prime Tiger Woods.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

more like it from AK today, still needs to sort himself out quickly though!

• Upvote 1

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

This tournament is being dominated by the young guys. Vijay and Paddy holding their own though

So I just an instant message from one of my managers, Dennis,, you watching the PGA ? Me,,,, yes Dennis,,,, did you see my house on that last hole ? Me,,,,, WTF ? When did you move to doral ? Dennis,,,,, awhile ago.... When are you coming to FL ? Let's play Me,,,,, on my way..... Lmao

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

Anyone sick of Miller yet? He bags Tiger swing and questions why hes changing, then goes on to say how great Mahan's swing is, saying it's one of the best on tour....

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Anyone sick of Miller yet? He bags Tiger swing and questions why hes changing, then goes on to say how great Mahan's swing is, saying it's one of the best on tour....

They're slightly different. High up in the list of differences... Hunter's got the exit down better than Tiger.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've had a couple people tell me my swing looks a lot like Mahan's. If only I could get those results. Looking like a great day for those Butch Harmon students...

It's going to be a great final day at Doral, and there are several young guns who will be battling it out for the win.  I'll be pulling for Mahan of course, but I like Dustin Johnson and Nick Watney as well.  McIlroy and Donald can always go low as well.

I never get sick of Miller to be honest.  He is by far the best color guy in golf, and I've felt that way for a number of years.  He is so much easier to listen to than Faldo it's not even funny.  That's my opinion though.  I've always been a fan of the entire NBC crew.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

He said something really stupid at one point today (~3 o'clock), but I can't really remember what it was...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!