IGNORED

Is Tiger woods wearing a t-shirt for the Arnold Palmer invitational? (no collar)

trickymicky69
Note: This thread is 4775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by turtleback

It is amazing how each generation thinks it has the wisdom of the ages.  There is a difference between standards slipping and standards changing.

Well one of the generations needs to provide some wisdom, otherwise none will exist. Its also hilarious how you can make a sweeping statement about a whole generation, without any factual evidence.

To put this into context;

I am a young man (working class) that likes to go out with my buddies once or twice a week for a few beers and I can party with the best of 'em

I am not a died in my plus fours old fuddy duddy but you have to admit it would stop some of the threads on here "someone hit my ball/hit me/didn't let me through" etc etc, if the local courses didn't let any old numbnut on the course without a second thought as long as they make their money out of the green fee.

I am not saying we should all be wearing suits either.

So should pro-golfers be allowed to wear shorts? (hears can of worms opening now)

I think they should, just not t-shirts

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

Originally Posted by trickymicky69

I am not a died in my plus fours old fuddy duddy but you have to admit it would stop some of the threads on here "someone hit my ball/hit me/didn't let me through" etc etc, if the local courses didn't let any old numbnut on the course without a second thought as long as they make their money out of the green fee.

So should pro-golfers be allowed to wear shorts? (hears can of worms opening now)

Golf courses and country clubs are businesses and they won't last if they aren't profitable.  I personally don't get the relationship between what someone wears on a course and their manners.

Zeg is right in that the discussion has been beat to death, I've been a ST member less than a year and can remember numerous threads on cargo shorts being the death of golf.  Country clubs have votes to decide what their members wear, but even they are looking at easing their codes to attract more people.  When it comes down to it, it's all about the green ($$$).

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well one of the generations needs to provide some wisdom, otherwise none will exist. Its also hilarious how you can make a sweeping statement about a whole generation, without any factual evidence.

I am a young man (working class) that likes to go out with my buddies once or twice a week for a few beers and I can party with the best of 'em

You still miss the point.  Why is your conception of proper golf dress any better than Walter Hagen's conception.  Yet, as has been pointed out already, plus-fours and neckties used to be de rigeur dress on the golf course.  It went out of style.  Did the game of golf suffer?  No, not at all.  That collar you care so passionately about is a vestigial ornament from the days when ties were worn.  Other than checking some arbitrary fashion box, what purpose do collars serve?

That being said, I AM an old-fashioned fuddy-duddy.  But about the game itself.  I think they should have a limit on the length of putters and I think that you should not be allowed to be touching your club during a swing with anything other than your hands.  And I will never root for any pro golfer who plays with a long putter.  But that is just me.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by nuck81

I'd wear a sports bra on the outside of my shirt if it meant losing five strokes a side

Have you tried it yet?  It might just work.  Try it and report back, with pictures!

Just realized that the shirt he was wearing is in Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12 under mock turtlenecks.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Golf clothing will evolve as our equipment does, sometimes it's good for the game and sometimes it is bad. I do agree a certain etiquette should be kept at the same time people need to worry about themselves rather on what others do. The main problem golf has is know it alls who know everything about everything when on a golf course and get every into everyone elses business. can you imagine if you went round 18 holes only concentrating on your own game rather then what the group in front or behind is wearing or doing, how much your handicap may fall over a couple of months!! I shall try this now lol

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

Comon everyone.....is the "mock neck" really that big of a deal?  Really?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

Comon everyone.....is the "mock neck" really that big of a deal?  Really?

I think they're acceptable if they're designed for golf. I'm talking about tour players here too - not what people wear to the driving range. Would I wear one? Not on your life.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I find it kind of amusing (and revealing) that the people who use this whole mock turtleneck thing as a pretext to criticize Tiger never seem to say a word about Ricky Fowler doing his post-game interviews with his hat on backwards.

And the people who criticize Steve Williams for taking his caddy bib off on the 18th hole never seem to criticize other caddies for doing the same thing - and yes, there are some that do.

• Upvote 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

I find it kind of amusing (and revealing) that the people who use this whole mock turtleneck thing as a pretext to criticize Tiger never seem to say a word about Ricky Fowler doing his post-game interviews with his hat on backwards.

And the people who criticize Steve Williams for taking his caddy bib off on the 18th hole never seem to criticize other caddies for doing the same thing - and yes, there are some that do.

It's a matter of opinion.

Hat backwards is fine after a round of golf?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I just read this one somewhere (paraphrasing): "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad."

You're ruining everyone's fruit salad.

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by Timothy Q

I just read this one somewhere (paraphrasing): "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad."

You're ruining everyone's fruit salad.

I prefer tossed salad!

Originally Posted by shades9323

I prefer tossed salad!

woah, thats a pretty adventurous endeavor...is there a willing partner?  lol...

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 4775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!