IGNORED

Masters Website Script Errors

Note: This thread is 3766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I tried to watch the par 3 contest earlier at work it kept crashing both chrome and IE. I haven't tried again since but I certainly will tomorrow.

Working beautifully for the last 45 mins or so.... im using  IE and a very basic setup with just a decent high speed connection.  Nothing fancy at all.  The family computer.

Egg salad sammies (don't have, can't make pimento cheese) and a big bowl of stove popped popcorn.  Enormous Gin and tonic with a splash of grapefruit juice.  I should be doing laundry but screw that.

Bryan in Indy

Windows and Firefox over a T-1 line at work.  No problems with the leaderboard and live video feeds, although when I would open a feed and watch for awhile, my computer's fans would kick into high gear and it got to the point that I thought a plane was taking off from my desk!

I'm getting script error with every browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE), and only IE is not slowed down or crashes when trying to load the page. On Opera the features doesn't work at all. It's pretty ridiculous that such a big event with loads of money are not able to conjure up something better. The page is fancy with all the animations and stuff, but they didn't do a good job on the coding.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Works fine for me, I just hate the opening sequence and the scoreboard absolutely sucks.

Last year they changed the background every day with really great shots of the players and the course. I pulled a couple of them, and they made some really great backgrounds for my laptop. This year they kept the same one the whole time. In that way, last year was better.

Note: This thread is 3766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Day 36 (01 Aug 21) - More work on swing tempo focusing on getting a consistent 3:1 tempo.  
    • The above is the first I've heard of booster shots.  Hopefully I find a place to get one that doesn't involve over a half hour's drive to a city named Corona like my first two shots.
    • and, quoting the above: The line of best fit for the data of GIR vs score is 95 - 2 * GIR.  That's probably where @reidsou's number came from.   Note that, even if we treat it as the standard goal (I agree with you, as you'll see in a moment), an average 11-GIR round probably has one or two birdies thrown in, and I'd bet that most of those missed greens in such a round (again, for an average 11-GIR round) are probably very much near-GIR.  That having been said, there are some of us, such as the original poster on this thread and I, whose long game is such that more than seven GIR isn't unheard of (which that formula would "predict," if we use it to predict at least, a round in the 70s) but who still score in the 80s.  I even recently had a round with 9 GIR and a score of 90 -- which is why 95 - 2 *GIR isn't meant to predict any individual's score, but does still highlight the importance of GIR and ball striking. Which brings me to my next point, which is also @Shorty's next point:  yeah, 50% chipping and putting is not the way to go, certainly not long term.  Maybe with the goal of getting those traits to about an average 20-handicapper's level (without sacrificing approach shot strength), and then using the 15/20 time productively in future weeks to improve on them.  The nice thing about chipping and putting is that there is some low hanging fruit as far as getting competent goes, especially if one is building off the sort of short game shots that come from missing fewer than half of one's GIRs.
    • The people I noticed who got vaxxed early, some of it was they knew an inside person, other than knowing exactly which sites to hit and when. Like people who were fully vaxxed by February/March.  
    • I flew over Cabot Cliffs and Southport and the rendering of these courses was really poor. Guessing you have to find the courses where specific work was done to make them look realistic.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Architex
      Architex
      (51 years old)
    2. cygnusjen
      cygnusjen
      (48 years old)
    3. Garbz3
      Garbz3
      (72 years old)
    4. Joefree
      Joefree
      (38 years old)
    5. KurtActual
      KurtActual
      (36 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...