IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just joined these forums, but my goal in the beginning of this year was to break 90. I did that maybe about 4 times already this year.

Now the goal is to consistently be in the 80's.
I'd also like to finally fix my slice completely. I think i'd be constantly in the 80's if i get rid of the slice. I'm almost there though. I probably slice my driver only 2 or 3 times a round now.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron shots are coming together finally, now I'd just like to get a handful of rounds back in the 80's, MAYBE.. just MAYBE, crack sub-80 once this season.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Average more than a round per week for the playing season, weather permitting...break 80 a few times, and scare it more than that...

So far, not doing too well on either count, but better than any other year I can remember.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shooting under 90 would be nice for once :) Just gotta work on the short game...seriously gotta work on the short game - i think a new set of wedges are in order.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Goals:

1 - Break 80!!! (I've never broke 80 on a regulation 72 but I know I'm capable. That's Goal Number ONE!!!

2 - Improve my Ups and Downs. Currently I am averaging 2 per round, want to make it up to three.

3 - Improve my GIR. Right now I'm at 4.5 and I can't realistically hope to break 80 doing that. I'd like to get it at 6 for my short-term 2007 Goal.

This is my current Shortlist - I will update as I go.

My goal for next year is to get my PGA card. I've been playing golf for about a year now and have a 1 handicap. I need to get some lessons and find the right clubs for me and I should be on my way hopefully. I know some of you are probably like yah right he's just another one of those lying kids but I'm being honest.

My goals for the end of the summer are:
  • Break 80
  • Better Course management
  • Get clubs that fit for me and aren't my dad's old ones
  • Learn to play a draw better
  • Hit more fairways (I'm much to wild off the tee)

In my Bag:
SQ 10.5*
Old Burner 15*
CPR hybrid 21*
NDS Irons (4-PW) Vokey 52*,Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Vokey Spin Milled 60* NewportBallsTP Red

lower my handicap from 20 to 10... it's already dropped to 15... halfway there... =)

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

I haven't played in 3 years and have now missed much of the season this year after having only taken the game up again in the last 2 months

My target for the final few months of the season is just to retain some consistancy and maintain my handicap at 9 after playing 5/6 competitons

I also target practising in some shape or form every day for at least 30 mintues!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

to perfect my drive swing:ive got to get the swing correct so i can hit the ball far and in a straight line, so its all good from the tee

the next thing will be to work on my putting which isnt that bad for a beginner, then i really need to work on my pitching/chipping shots

My goals are to:
Drop my handicap by 10 by 2008 (I have only been playing since july last year)
Stop 3 Putting!!! Take some lessons and practice a lot more. Get my tecnique and stroke right.
Win Club Championship It is my first time playing in the club champs, and I am right on the cutoff for A grade, so hoping to win B grade scratch division.
Concerntrate Eliminate shank, top, fat by concerntrating hard as I am about to hit shot!
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

i want to:

1)get my handicapp down to an 8
2)stop 3 putting
3)get atleast 2 birdies a round
4)get GIR up to atleast 50-60%
5)get F/W up to atleast 50-60%
6)be a happier golfer

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

It's getting late in the season, so I'll keep this simple:

Goal: Improve putting
Metric: Play 9 holes w/o a 3-putt; stay under 36 putts per round (I've been erroneously counting putts from the fringe, so I may revise this number downwards when I find out just how many of those I've had per round.)

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!