IGNORED

The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)

Jonnydanger81
Note: This thread is 2413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 over through 9. He's gonna have to pick it up to shoot my predicted. 80....

Grrrr, I predicted 79. Next time, I'm betting on myself.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.ghintpp.com/OregonGA/TPPOnlineScoring/CourseStats.aspx?id=372

Based on the averages of those holes so far, a 77 is about the middle score.

Since 37 of the 73 move on, I'd think Dan needs a 77 or thereabouts. He's +6 thru 9. That's 78 if he pars every hole on the back.

Right now, the projected cut shows all of the guys T42 as advancing, so something deson't quite add up.

But, if it really is 37, I agree, he's gonna have to probably shoot -1 the rest of the way to get in.

EDIT:  Ouch!  Birdied 10, parred 11 and 12, and a snowman on 13!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, the projected cut shows all of the guys T42 as advancing, so something deson't quite add up.

But, if it really is 37, I agree, he's gonna have to probably shoot -1 the rest of the way to get in.

EDIT:  Ouch!  Birdied 10, parred 11 and 12, and a snowman on 13!!!!!!!!!!

Too many people are finishing with 71-76, already 36 guys finished with 82 or less. I predict Drew Pairamore will get 1st or T1/2

Dan's done , he won't make the 37. He's 9 over with 5 holes left.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Now +9 through 13. Currently 64th place out of 70.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Now +9 through 13. Currently 64th place out of 70.

He's out. Everyone in the tournament is at least a 5 handicap, so, I wonder what caused the mid 80s and the one 90 score? The cut is 78 (projected)

Honestly, I think my son could probably tie Dan, and I would come in 10-12 strokes higher.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

He's out. Everyone in the tournament is at least a 5 handicap, so, I wonder what caused the mid 80s and the one 90 score? The cut is 78 (projected)

Please don't incite this discussion again.  Let's just say that "what caused it" is that those guys played bad.

Please don't incite this discussion again.  Let's just say that "what caused it" is that those guys played bad.

Oops, sorry. . . "There's no mouse emoticon"

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Dan shoots 86. Differential of 11.0. Currently 66th of 73. Will finish somewhere around there. Bottom 10% in local state amateur qualifying. That doesn't bode well for PGA Tour hopes within another couple of years....

In David's bag....

Wow, I nailed it exact. 86.

I think Dan (2.6 handicap) is equivalent to a good 8-9 real handicap tournament player. I give him a lot of credit going out there and playing in these events rather than just playing practice rounds and saying he's a 2.

Wow, I nailed it exact. 86. I think Dan (2.6 handicap) is equivalent to a good 8-9 real handicap tournament player. I give him a lot of credit going out there and playing in these events rather than just playing practice rounds and saying he's a 2.

We'll see if he plays many more this year.....

In David's bag....

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

We'll see if he plays many more this year.....

https://twitter.com/thedanplan/status/473988352014704642

@theDanPlan says:
Played Oregon Am qualifier today. Was in it through 12 then tried to hack out of rough for a quad. Learned my lesson. Next year.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1 quad bogie and two triple bogies (and 6 bogies)! I didn't know 2 handicappers did that!  Hmm +16 over those 9 holes. Oh well, he barely missed dead last by 5 people.

Don't forget the 3 that WD. ;-) Yes, another poster already mentioned that he's an 8-9 in tournaments, but I did dig through his handicap. It looks legitimate with him breaking par once. Many of the top 20 players look like they're only 18-20 years old. He will need to compete with these kids though any other qualification school, and I'm not so sure he can do it. They will continue to get stronger. His driving statistics do not look that impressive, and he looks a little weak at 105mph. Not sure if that's his course swing speed or not. It would be nice if he posted his swing here.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Let's not judge a handicap on a high score. You will get banned from a thread for something like that

You've alluded to this a number of times and we know what you're getting at, quit whining. You get banned from a thread by starting drama, not by judging handicaps.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

No offense to the guy who created the graphs for Dan's handicap progression vs hours practiced, but a linear trend line is an absurd thing to use to predict where Dan will be in years. I would say that a quadratic equation would come much closer to accurately predicting the performance in the future as further strokes become harder and harder to shave off. Even then it wouldn't be that accurate if he had a breakthrough in his swing or other portion of his game and dropped in jumps like I tend to do. As to his performance at the Am, it doesn't surprise me. I went into my first ever big tournament as a 24 handicap on a par 70 course (~130 slope) and shot 116-108 on consecutive days. Having pressure takes some getting used to, especially on tee shots and putts. But after some practice in tournament, I know I at least always look forward to the rush of adrenaline you get stepping up to the #1 tee and on the final putt at the 18th green.

So he went 8.6 over his current index, I think it's becoming more and more obvious Dans going to have problems in tournaments because his game has not had the time to become natural to him and though he can go shoot rounds in the 70's in a relaxed environment, it's when his game gets tested on not that hard of a course he folds up like a lawn chair. I can see him getting very frustrated over this in the near future but there is really not much that can be done now. If this was 2 years ago when his index was up around 8.7 I don't think many around here would have much to say but he's a 2.4 now in relaxed rounds but a 8 or 9 in competition rounds. I could see him having an index of 0.5 at the end of this experiment but he will still struggle to break 80 in important tournaments.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note: This thread is 2413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!