IGNORED

The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)

Jonnydanger81
Note: This thread is 2427 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TJBam

If I hit the lotto, 5% of my portfolio would be filed under "Slice of Life Golf Investment - 200% ROI guaranteed - 6 year maturity"

C'mon man, gimme some money and 6 years, and I'll definitely be under 5.5.

Kiss that money goodbye.

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Latest post on Dan Plan blog is a philosophical wondering about Dan's place in this world and his purpose.  And he posted a sweet music video.  Definitely sounds like he is using his platform for his golf game's purest potential (read: Dan's MySpace).

Oh and surprise surprise, less than 12 hours after his "free host" (read: benefactor club) allowed his FREE membership to expire, he joined up with a prestigious country club.  Must be a tough life for Dan.

Oh and surprise surprise, less than 12 hours after his "free host" (read: benefactor club) allowed his FREE membership to expire, he joined up with a prestigious country club.  Must be a tough life for Dan.

After doing research this was a quick $11,820 ($1500 down minimum $430 a month not including member greens fees etc) 2-year commitment decision that he needed less than 12 hours to debate because he "got a good deal."

Ok that's the last of my hate for the Dan Plan I promise.

Originally Posted by Shorty

THis is the level anyone could have predicted when his first swing video was posted years ago.

The guy has absolutely ZERO athleticism.

I've tried finding video of his "original swing" but no luck, do you remember where it was posted or how to find out?  His swing looks decent now, curious what it started out like.

Originally Posted by Bogeysaurus

I've tried finding video of his "original swing" but no luck, do you remember where it was posted or how to find out?  His swing looks decent now, curious what it started out like.

I arranged his youtube videos from oldest to newest but all I could find were self-indulgent videos of Dan talking into the camera and hob-knobbing with top notch PGA instructors.

I feel confident that if I put in even a third of the time he is I'd be a lower handicap. I don't think I'd ever make it to a level where I could play professionally though.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Originally Posted by LovinItAll  12 months ago...

I don't disagree with any of the above other than, with regard to this 'project', I don't think the progression curve will flatten out the way you think it will. You may be right , I may be right, we won't know for awhile.

Anyone at a 6 HC still has a massive amount of room for improvement. After all, it's a golfer that's still regularly shooting 80+. Also, there's something about the amount of real time (days/months) playing real golf that, regardless of hours practiced, plays into this somehow. He's only been actually playing for about a year. From the time he first putted until now, and from the time I started playing, I was further along than Dan, but I had 5x (maybe more) the number of rounds in that he has. That has to matter, right? If I'd taken his approach, I don't know that I'd be any better than he his.

I'm not sure if you've seen range rats that beat an unbelievable number of balls on the range, but they still can't play very well. Our club had them. I'd think, 'Man, if I practiced that much....', but really, I don't know. Something about actually getting out there and getting the ball in the hole makes a difference, and Dan doesn't have much of that yet.

If Dan's routine wasn't documented the way it is and someone said, 'Hey, this guy is a 6 HC and he played the first round of golf in his life 12 months ago.', I'd think that was pretty good. If he's not at least a 3 in the next 12 months (given that he actually plays golf 4x or more per week), I'll be far more willing to concede that he's beating a dead horse re: his stated goals. That will be two solid years of playing golf, and it's where I'd expect a very avid golfer that played or practiced everyday to be after two years. The whole 'putting for six months' is not how most (any) of us approach the game.

We'll see. Would I like to see him reach his goal? Of course I would. That would mean my mother was right when she said, 'You can be anything you want to be.'

What ever happened to this guy? :)

And remember Dan is so dedicated to his "goal" that he winters in Georgia because Oregon winters are too harsh for his "job." ****ing spoiled brat is on a 6 year vacation and his parents (benefactors) are delusion in financially supporting him. Must remind them of his 5 years at college (1 year at Boston U before switching schools and changin his major to "Photography") lmao. He is so awesome and inspiring.

And remember Dan is so dedicated to his "goal" that he winters in Georgia because Oregon winters are too harsh for his "job." ****ing spoiled brat is on a 6 year vacation and his parents (benefactors) are delusion in financially supporting him. Must remind them of his 5 years at college (1 year at Boston U before switching schools and changin his major to "Photography") lmao. He is so awesome and inspiring.

What was that about you being done? Lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

and raise a family

Plus the last couple updates on his blog are: "OMG I fell in love," "OMG my new GF started a bakery!!" and "LOL I shot terribly at a tournament LMAO."  This guy is a total brat.  And a non-athlete if I might say so.

That's why I'm single and feeling lonely every single day.  SIGH.... I really wish I had a backup plan. Now i"m too old to go back to school.

What happend to his old wife? did he get a divorce and get a gf?

Originally Posted by golf55

That's why I'm single and feeling lonely every single day.  SIGH.... I really wish I had a backup plan. Now i"m too old to go back to school.

What happend to his old wife? did he get a divorce and get a gf?

lol I know guys that regret getting married because they think they would enjoy golfing all day, every day, without hearing the bs that comes with it. I know others that golf all day, every day, and are single and wish they could keep a woman.

Trust me, there's no happy medium... and it seems that most of us have no idea what the hell we want lol. Well... I used to want a Natalie Gulbis for Christmas before I met my wife, but Santa f'd me over and it never happened. I'm happy, but I still hold a grudge on that fat ass!

Like all things, moderation and balance. I golf once or twice a week and catch an earful occasionally, but I make it up to her.

PS: How the hell did this thread get restarted after such a long time? I read up on Dan and see that he's a 6 HC after what... 3 years? I don't feel so bad now. I'm 3 years in at 10.8 and haven't put in nearly the amount of time or sacrifice that this guy has. Though, he seems to be rolling in many perks that I never have and never will get (Titleist hooked him up pretty fat from what I hear...).

Originally Posted by Spyder

PS: How the hell did this thread get restarted after such a long time? I read up on Dan and see that he's a 6 HC after what... 3 years? I don't feel so bad now. I'm 3 years in at 10.8 and haven't put in nearly the amount of time or sacrifice that this guy has. Though, he seems to be rolling in many perks that I never have and never will get (Titleist hooked him up pretty fat from what I hear...).

I may or may not have revived it to spew hatred at this phony.  Don't remember.

BTW: Anyone know the odds of a 5.5 handicap shooting 56 over par during a 3 day tournament?  Talk about a VANITY CAPPER!!  Funny how all his posted rounds he is walking and scoring by himself and shooting mid 70's.  And he rigs up his trackman to show him as a near scratch golfer. But come tournament time playing with other people he is shooting +18-19 over par each round.  Looks to me like he FUDGES numbers just like his NYC banker daddy and big brother.

Oh and the tournaments he talks about where he shoots in the 70's.. they're all scrambles. Yes I'm jealous and hold a grudge, if you couldn't tell.

Well I've been banned from commenting on the Dan Plan.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it curious that by himself he shoots 77-82 (still not a 5.5 HCP) but when he is doing an "interview round" or a "tournament" (read: WITNESSES) he shoots 85-97.  Can't get enough of this guy.  5.5 HCP.  Vanity capping at its finest!

Well I've been banned from commenting on the Dan Plan.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it curious that by himself he shoots 77-82 (still not a 5.5 HCP) but when he is doing an "interview round" or a "tournament" (read: WITNESSES) he shoots 85-97.  Can't get enough of this guy.  5.5 HCP.  Vanity capping at its finest!

I find it just as funny when you see celebrities stated handicaps at like 16 or so but their swing is so much worse than mine and they hit the ball worse.... Maybe my handicap isn't as bad as I think :-p,

no it probably is.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

I find it just as funny when you see celebrities stated handicaps at like 16 or so but their swing is so much worse than mine and they hit the ball worse.... Maybe my handicap isn't as bad as I think :-p,

no it probably is.

Shoot 90-90-90 and you're better than Dan McLaughlin at the game of golf.  Looking at his donations page makes me sick.  Lol.  Sick with envy, I am so starting the TJB golf plan.

Shoot 90-90-90 and you're better than Dan McLaughlin at the game of golf.  Looking at his donations page makes me sick.  Lol.  Sick with envy, I am so starting the TJB golf plan.

Sadly, I think that is very close to doable for me assuming I get even 1 less ob shot or eliminate the 2 or 3 3 putts I get per round...

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Originally Posted by trackster

Go hit nothing but 3 foot putts for 3 months 6 hours a day and tell you that you have the drive to play 10,000 hours in 6 years.

Maybe I'm missing something...

You are suggesting it is impressive, commendable,  or inspiring that someone has the "will power" to practice golf 6 hours a day instead of working 8-10 hours a day at a JOB?

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2427 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!