IGNORED

One Company's Clubs

Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. If you could only play clubs from which company, which would you choose?

• :titleist:
    • :macgreg:
    • :nike:
    • :tmade:
    • :callaway:
    • :cleve:
    • :wilson:
    • :mizuno:
    • Other (Explain Below)
    • :ping: (Added Aug 31)

Well with the exception of my putter and 3-wood I play all Taylor Mades, but I'm putting an old Tour Spoon in the bag and I'm waiting on my Rossa Monza to come in...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizuno. Love the irons I'm playing and could figure out how to hit Mizuno woods and putter if necessary. For me irons are changed less frequently than any other piece of equipment.

If I had to choose to have all of one kind, I would probably go with Titleist. I have never used the irons except for the Model 100's that I learned to play golf on, but I would be interested in trying some of the new forged blades.

I will have to put Mizuno in a close second though. I really like my irons, and the wedges are not bad either. I am not sure about the Woods or putters. I will stay with my Scotty Cameron anyday though.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Titleist. I'm quite new to the game but I feel like I'm a pretty quick study. Recently purchased Titleist ZB Forged irons after demoing several clubs. I started out using my dad's blades that were 25+ years old and when the seven iron clubhead flew off, I decided I should get my own set. I realize most people would ask why buy blades or a blended blade set, and I think I've got pretty good reasons: (a) I'm learning pretty quickly and I intend to use these clubs for a long time - money doesn't grow on trees for me. (b) I started out with blades and didn't do all that badly with them. (c) I hit them several times and really liked them. (d) It isn't about the score I get on the course. It's about whether or not I'm improving. I don't want clubs that are going to make me think I'm better than I am. I want to know when I'm doing things wrong, not be forgiven for it.

Back to the point, I love my Titleist ZB irons and I love my Vokey Spin Milled Wedge and the Scotty Cameron putter that my mother was lucky enough to win in a raffle (and lucky for me she didn't want it). I've hit the 907D1 and D2 in the store, and I liked them. Not enough to throw down $300, but I don't have $300 to spare anyway. I think as I save up the money I will slowly create an all-Titleist set.

Driver: 10.5* 909 D3
Hybrid: 585.H Utility Metal
3-PW: Z-B Forged
50*, 54*, 58*: Vokey Spin Milled Wedges
Putter: Pro Platinum 35"Ball: Pro V1 (when I can afford them)

At the time I picked TaylorMade, but it's changed.

Nike. I LOVE their woods/hybrids, they have some nice irons, I like the looks of the wedges, and I could deal with their Ignite 001 putter.

I could also make the case for Titleist, although I'm not a fan of the woods/hybrids, but I love the irons, wedges, and um....the putter will do.

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

• 3 months later...
Tom Wishon Golf Technology
Our owner/designer Tom Wishon builds his clubs with a passion that few companies on earth can match.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

I'd go with callaway:
Putter: Only weak point... does Callawaymake putters?
Wedges: Very playable wedges...
Irons: X-22's all the way!
Driver+Woods: My BB is sick, and I assume other Callaway woods are as well.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

Ping. Love my irons, and if I had to pick just one brand, it would have to be Ping.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

I voted other. Because it doesn't matter. I'd prefer Ping, Mizuno, Titleist, Cobra, Callaway or Cleveland.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I'd go with callaway:

Yes they own Odyssey.

In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

I'd have to echo iacas' comments which started the thread. Titleist are pretty awesome throughout the whole range. If you add in their range of balls as well...

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Callaway for me:

Drivers - If you have some dough, the FT-IQ (when it comes out), and FT-I are outrageous. If you don't the FT-3's still really nice.

Fairways/Hybrids - Same as the drivers.

Irons - Something for every handicapper. Big Berthas for higher ones, and X-Tour, and X-Forged for the lower ones.

Wedges - I'm in love with my X-Tour Satin wedge.

Putters - Odyssey. Numero Uno on tour.

Balls - I like all of their balls besides the Warbirds.

My current set up:

Nike Sasqautch tour
Cleveland Hibore 15' (with Nike Sasqautch headcover)
Nike Slingshot tour rescue wood

Snake eyes 600B/C combo 3 - pw
Nike SV Tour (black) 52' 60'

Odyssey DFX 1100 putter (soon to be changed to a Nike Unitised putter).

This is all in my limited edition Nike Extreme sport (black and yellow) bag, or my Nike cart bag when I have a trolley.

As you can see I am becoming a bit of a Nike man myself.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I am all for titleist.

Drivers: Greet feel, workability, and looks
Woods: powerful and consistent, easy to hit out of rough
irons: great quality, i think mizunos are softer personally, but titleist blades are a traditionally great iron
wedges: vokeys are top of the line and always will be. i love the new options on the wedges that just came out
putters: how can you argue with a scotty cameron
golf balls: trust your titleist

In my Hoofer Vantage

Driver: 907D2 9.5*
Wood: 906F4 15.5* 3 wood
Hybrid: 585H 19*Irons: i10 3-pwWedges: tp black z 52* & 58*Putter: tracy II

Wishon.

Smart man

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

went with the Swoosh as I am an avid fan of their drivers, and it looks like they are really developing their line with the Victory Reds and introduction of new putters. Then again I have only been really serious about golf this past season, so I am open to all of your suggestions and reasons for swaying me to another brand. Just got the Mizuno MP-30s (which replaced my slingshots) and I absolutely love them...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Other.

Reason being that I'm not sure that I could actually make a choice, but if I had to it would be Golfsmith components. I currently carry clubs from 6 different brands, but the one that wouldn't give up is my Enterprise putter. So I'd have to find clubs that fit me from their component line.

It's not a choice that I ever expect to have to make though....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Other.

Are you a trekie like me or do you just love that putter.....or perhaps both?

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Note: This thread is 5559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!