IGNORED

Tiger's injury a ruse??

Ron
Note: This thread is 4661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by ThominOH

Just like I don't believe he paid to have a un-licenced doctor from Canada to spin his blood after surgery.. Same doctor that juiced up A. Rod of the Yankees.. LOL

The doctor was licensed. Just not in the U.S. Platelet spinning is gaining acceptance as a suitable and effective method of treatment. Not many U.S.-based doctors did it then, so what was Tiger to do? He went with a guy who was known to do it well.

The doctor treated thousands of people. Did he give "juice" to all of them? Why would Tiger need to use a Canadian doctor when HGH or steroids or whatever are easier to get than crack?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

The doctor was licensed. Just not in the U.S. Platelet spinning is gaining acceptance as a suitable and effective method of treatment. Not many U.S.-based doctors did it then, so what was Tiger to do? He went with a guy who was known to do it well.

The doctor treated thousands of people. Did he give "juice" to all of them? Why would Tiger need to use a Canadian doctor when HGH or steroids or whatever are easier to get than crack?

Because he had good references...

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

uh huh.. maybe you should research more about Dr. Galea, and you might find articles like this:

Dr Tony Galea, one of Canada’s most prominent sports injury experts whose clients have included Olympic gold medallists Donovan Bailey and Mark McCoy as well as several National Football League and National Hockey League stars, was arrested and charged following a raid on his offices by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in October.

Galea, who will appear in court in Toronto later this month, denies the charges and claims they are the result of a misunderstanding over his use of what he describes as “homeopathic medications”.

Although he admits the substances in question are not approved by the Canadian health authorities, he insists he is permitted to use them by the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons providing his patients have been properly informed.

Galea’s lawyer has acknowledged that one of his treatments involves Actovegin - a controversial drug which contains extracts of calf’s blood which is not approved for sale in Canada and which is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency if used intravenously.

While Actovegin is meant to promote healing, it is also believed to improve stamina and first came to the attention of the anti-doping authorities several years ago when some elite cyclists were found to be using it.

Dr. Galea treated 23 pro athletes sited by court documents.. and all believe to have been juiced with illegal or unapproved PED's.. but you wish for us to believe Tiger was excused from all this?  Really?  Do some homework on this dorctor and then come back and defend him.. LOL

• Administrator

Originally Posted by ThominOH

Dr. Galea treated 23 pro athletes sited by court documents.. and all believe to have been juiced with illegal or unapproved PED's.. but you wish for us to believe Tiger was excused from all this?  Really?  Do some homework on this dorctor and then come back and defend him.. LOL

I've done the homework. What do you know about how much I've read or what I believe to be true? You know what they say about making assumptions. :-)

He's treated thousands of people. 23 isn't a large percentage, and "all believe" is a long ways from fact.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

IMO, if Tiger juiced he is a complete idiot and deserves for his body to break down........don't think he did it though.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by colin007

question - is Tiger really still wearing metal spikes?

Yup. Or at least as far as I can tell. The last time I know for sure he used them was at the 2008 U.S. Open, and I assume it'd be pretty big news if he stopped using them.

It's funny to see the bridges at some of the courses they play on Tour. I've played the front nine at TPC Boston, and the bridges on that course look like swiss cheese.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Not sure if anyone has had feet/achilles/knee problems before, but I've been battling issues with both achilles and both knees from overuse from playing basketball and lifting. Tiger may very well have just quit on the round because of his bad play, but I can tell you from first hand experience, that him walking and taking two stairs at a time doesn't mean anything. If you saw me walking through the office, you'd think I was perfect. But, the second I try to do any kind of athletic activity and those injuries flare up, I'm in a lot of pain. I can still walk perfectly normal, but the pain is pretty damn bad. It's not like a sprained ankle or something where you're likely going to have a limp, but it does hurt and if his injuries are legit, he most likely can't play without pain but can still walk normal.

The think about your achilles is that it takes MONTHS to heal. Mine has been hurting for about seven now. Like Tiger, I've just never stopped all activity and given them time to heal.

Well, if Tiger was faking, he's committed to it.  Apparently he was on crutches at the press conference today.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Administrator

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Well, if Tiger was faking, he's committed to it.  Apparently he was on crutches at the press conference today.

C'mon, haven't you ever heard of method acting? :-)

A Tiger on crutches is a Tiger not hitting golf balls. I don't expect to see him in the US Open, at least not have a chance to win it. Depending on the severity of his injuries, he might not get his game going at all again this year.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

A Tiger on crutches is a Tiger not hitting golf balls. I don't expect to see him in the US Open, at least not have a chance to win it. Depending on the severity of his injuries, he might not get his game going at all again this year.

He'll be there. Certain athletes thrive on injury drama. Look at Jason Kidd; I remember when he was with the Nets almost a decade ago thinking with all the injuries this guy is always claiming, he won't last 3 more years, lol. A line from the movie Eight Men Out comes to mind  - 1st reporter: "Word is, Eddie Cicotte's got a sore arm." 2nd reporter: "Eddie's had a sore arm for 10 years!"

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Zeph

I watched the press conference. It wasn't that bad. He called it a "cakewalk" relative to the U.S. Open in 2008. He's just being cautious (it seems) because, unlike in 2008, he isn't taking eight months off immediately following the U.S. Open like in 2008 to rest up.

Heck, though there's about a 1% chance he'll play at The Memorial, the firmest he'd get to that is calling it "doubtful" he'll play in it.

Will he contend? Who knows. Probably not, but he won the damn thing in 2008, too. He pointed out he has played nine more competitive holes in 2011 than he did between The Masters and the U.S. Open in 2008.

I think his problems at the Players were legitimate, and I would be SHOCKED if he didn't play at Congressional.....Tiger is a competitor and upstairs he absolutely believes there is a chance (and maybe even a good chance) that he can get it going and win the US Open.....no doubt he will play.......

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by iacas

PRP (platelet rich plasma)--there has been a lot of hope that utilizing PRP as a treatment option would enhance the healing process.  The reason why it's practice isn't widely spread is two fold:

1.  Unproven therapy--see link on double blind study for chronic achilles tendinopathy http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/45/2/e1.35.abstract

2.  The doctor loses money (if billing under insurance)--thus in order to meet monetary feasibility for medical practice, the physician's usual choice is to charge the procedure as cash pay only (like lasik eye surgery)--not many patients are willing to undergo an expensive procedure if the benefits are mostly unproven and theoretical.  Many professional athletes, on the other hand, have the motivation to take these chances.  Doctors that charge high cash pay prices for unproven/theoretical procedures have a certain reputation.  Thus, not many doctors performing PRP in the US.

• Upvote 1

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

It's not his leg that's the problem, it's his swing.  If there's a ruse it's due to his choice to go through another swing change (which is the biggest mistake of his career) and he needs the injury to deflect from that...

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Anybody talk about his getto booty?  (not that I was looking at his ass! haha) but he seems a lot heavier.  I dropped some poundage a few years ago and my knees don't hurt half as much.  30 extra pounds made a huge difference for me.

Note: This thread is 4661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!