IGNORED

Where do you want your golf game to be in 5 years?

Kieran123

Note: This thread is 3837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In 5 years I hope to be shooting in the low 80s I suppose.  Im consistently in the mid 90s right now after 2 years of playing.  I truly have a passion for the game and play as much as I possibly can.  My only difficulty is finding time to play more to allow myself to improve to the low 80s with more pressing life things.  Bleh, stupid careers!!

Handicap wise I hope I would be no worse.  I turn 50 this year and I see guys who are 5 to 10 years older than me playing from the senior tees and they gain no advantage from it because they can't hit the ball any distance.  I guess my hope is that in five years I won't lose any significant distance.

Originally Posted by Doctorfro

Handicap wise I hope I would be no worse.  I turn 50 this year and I see guys who are 5 to 10 years older than me playing from the senior tees and they gain no advantage from it because they can't hit the ball any distance.  I guess my hope is that in five years I won't lose any significant distance.

But be prepared for it to happen.  I turn 53 this year, and over night I lost 2 clubs.  My brother is 4 years younger and we use to hit all our clubs the exact same distance, now he will out drive me by 60-80 yards on some holes and will hit 2 clubs less than me into par 3's.  However, I still score, and have posted 3 sub 80 rounds in the last 3 years (everytime playing with him). So for me in the next 5 years I hope 1) to still be playing 2) have my handicap hold steady and maybe even drop a little 3) get my soon to be born grandson interested in the game.

In five years my girls will be 13 and 7 so I hope that they get into the game (my now 8 yr old does like to hit at the range) so we could enjoy that together for the rest of my time with them. Handicap wise I would be happy getting down to somewhere around 10 and play in some state am tourneys (think I need to be a 12 for the Mass PubLinks). As my kids get older I should have more time for practice.

The amount of control I have in my life is improving lately. So, I want to make golf a "primary activity" in my life. Despite loving the game of golf, I haven't been able to manage the "primary activity" but about two seasons in the last 20 years.

I would like to get down to an 8 or 9 HDCP, and play in a local amateur tournament about twice a month. Even if I didn't win, I'd get to play golf three days in  a row with people who really cared about the sport.

If I somehow got down to scratch, I would audition for Big Break - Senior Citizens .

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would like to be a single digit handicap.  This is something that is achievable given good practice habits and dedication to the goal.  5 years is a long time with a lot of golf balls to be sent down the range/course.

In 5 years...My daughter will be 7 and my son will be 5...I will get them involved with the firstee organization so they can learn the integrity in the game and in life.

For my personal goal I would like to be around a 10hdcp, consistently shoot in the low 80s...This is officially my 2nd year of playing and full dedication to this game...Hopefully it gets better and better as I start to understand the game...

Would like to be breaking 80 on a regular basis. Played yesterday for the first time in two months and shot 103 after last round in April of 92. Ouch! :blink: Hit my irons great though, I was pleasantly surprised at that. Couldn't hit my driver for squat, had to hit four iron off tee on par 4's and 5's all day. Greens super fast so putting let me down as well. Been working hard on irons and short game for last two months, all in all I'm happy even though score didn't reflect my improvement. I will be breaking 80 in Five years, hopefully less!

5 years from now, I would like to be shoting under 80 99% of the time. Realisticly I would like to be about a 5 handicap. Over the past 6 months I have improved me game a lot and I think I could get down to a 5 handicap in 5 years.

Originally Posted by lumpuckeroo

But be prepared for it to happen.  I turn 53 this year, and over night I lost 2 clubs.  My brother is 4 years younger and we use to hit all our clubs the exact same distance, now he will out drive me by 60-80 yards on some holes and will hit 2 clubs less than me into par 3's.  However, I still score, and have posted 3 sub 80 rounds in the last 3 years (everytime playing with him).

I have been waiting for my athletic decline to happen for years.  I am very active.  I cycle 100 miles a week and play basketball once a week with guys who are 18-30 years old and I more than hold my own. I still draw a double team when it's game point! I didn't expect to be playing ball at a high level at my age.  So my hope is my golf game will follow suit.  I think the biggest threat at this point is injury.  A knee, achilles, shoulder, or the like will be my beginning of decline.  But I see a lot of old wiley veterans who don't hit the ball far but still score well.  I hope I can follow suit.

It will be good to able to play the same handicap for different courses around the world . Playing in China , US and Malaysia are definitely different . I played like 5 to 6 strokes more in Malaysia this week than I m in China . The weather , measurements yards vs meter and green speed are so taxing .... So it is great challenge ...

Note: This thread is 3837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!