IGNORED

Where do you want your golf game to be in 5 years?

Kieran123

Note: This thread is 3834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I personally would like to be around the 5-6 handicap range. Probably gonna take some serious work ( ie. actually practicing in winter ) but if I can keep the same momentum I've had in my first 2 seasons I think I can do it

Where do you want yours?

Good luck getting to where you want to be.

My goal is to get under 90 consistently and eventually under 85.  I know I have the ability and know-how it is just a matter of making it happen on the course.  I have been practising more than I ever have before at golf and have already seen great results....

I'd really like to play scratch or better within 5 years and play in amateur tournaments.  I feel like golf has been so cyclical lately, with great periods and pretty poor periods.

I'm currently a 2-plane swinger, but really feel like I'll need to consistency of a single-plane swing to really break through into the next level.  This will be a year of hard work at the range.

In 5 years, my goal is to be a scratch golfer.  It's not going to be easy but definitely worth trying to work towards.  Especially now that I am playing more.  In my first 2 years, I only played a total of 7 times.  In the last 3 years, I averaged 2-3 rounds per month in the summer from April to September and was able to get my handicap down to where it is now. That's only an average of 12 rounds a year in those 3 years (I would hit the range around the same per month).....Last year (my 6th year), I got up to 28 rounds.  This year, it'll be more and I hope it stays that way in the next 5 years.

Scratch I hope. I think I can do it. I feel like this summer alone I can get into the single digits.

Realistically, around scratch.

Unrealistically, on a tour (even if it's on Nationwide Tour).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, seeing that I have to work for a living I would like to see it at a solid 2.  I would take scratch though, but again, that work thing gets in the way.

I just want to be playing golf.. Handicap schmandicap... Golf is a vicious game - in 5 years, if I still have the excitement to play and the enjoyment is still there, then thats juuust fine.

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Well, seeing that I have to work for a living I would like to see it at a solid 2.  I would take scratch though, but again, that work thing gets in the way.

No kidding.  When life gets busy and a week (or several) pass by, I feel like it takes several sessions to hit the ball well again.

My wife thinks it's ridiculous... Last night after I returned from a bad few holes she said "you know... you never come home frustrated or analyze your mechanics after you ride your road bike."  Maybe she is onto something?

Well everyone currently over maybe an 8 is gonna say scratch, and those under 8 are gonna say scratch or better I'd imagine.  But to join the chorus...

In 5 years I'd obviously love to be scratch or even better.  Realistically I'm not going to become independently wealthy any time soon so be comfortably retired within 5 years, and I'm going to stay married (ie, can't spend every waking non-work hour at the range or on the course), so I'd take playing in the 70s on an average day at a standard course for me (slope maybe mid 120s).  That would mean my lights out days (ie, best round every ~4 months) would be threatening going under par, instead of my lights out days being 76-78 like they are now.  Given my current scoring and HC, I'd say my goal would be to be playing off a 3-4.

Looks like a slew of focused golfers looking for scratch or better.  Hope it all works out for you.  I will be happy to spend quality time with my kids on the course (by then the boys will be 10 - 13), and live vicariously through them.

That, and of course, be a scratch golfer myself.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I personally would like to be around the 5-6 handicap range. Probably gonna take some serious work ( ie. actually practicing in winter ) but if I can keep the same momentum I've had in my first 2 seasons I think I can do it

Where do you want yours?

I'd like to be around an 8, but able to play to that index (in any weather at any course any time), and still be healthy and well off enough to play a couple times a week. I hope to be playing Sunday morning matches with my kids then maybe a twilight 9 with the wife.

I'd like to be below a 12 HDCP; currently playing off 20. I'd love to be at 10 or under, but I want a goal I'm fairly sure I can hit.

I'd like to at least cut my handicap in half, somewhere between a 12-14.  More importantly I want to be to the point where I'm playing decent golf and can enjoy the time out instead of being so focused on learning and improving.

I'd like to be around scratch. As of now I'm only a stroke and a half away, so it really depends if I still have the time to play 5 years from now.

Note: This thread is 3834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!