Jump to content
IGNORED

Tiger Skipping 2011 AT&T National


Kieran123
 Share

Note: This thread is 3761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts

Figures.  Looks like he will be out rest of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If he can manage to hold himself out of competition past the British Open, we probably won't see him until the Chevron Tiger Woods thing at the end of the year; and if we don't see him then, it'll just be the Masters. Wouldn't be surprised if he just plays the majors, WGCs, Jack, Arnie, and his events here on out.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I don't see him winning or contending this year. First he has to get well, then he has to practice, then he has to get his game together, then he can win.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I personally don't care about this year but want to see him play the way he used to for at least a couple of more years.  He has to get healthy and shouldn't rush back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yes, I'm very disappointed. I was actually going to buy tickets to go to Aronimink (I live about 45 minutes North of Newtown Square), and it's a good thing I didn't buy them. I really wanted to see him and now this is also going to be the last time the AT&T; National will be at Aronimink, so I don't know if I'll get to any other tournaments again.

I think the injuries are worse that he originally stated. Obviously the "cold water treatments" that the doctors were giving him haven't healed the injuries very quickly. I think he'll be fine for the British Open. I think he could have maybe played a full day at Aronimink next week, but he was smart to pull out and rest the leg up even more. 3 weeks from now I think he'll be good to go, and that's the British Open.

Whether he has any success the rest of the year, I don't know. He hasn't worked with Foley since May, so I really have no idea what to expect. If he plays like he did in the last round of the Masters, he'll be in pretty good shape. I see him winning a tournament or two towards the end of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites




Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Yes, I'm very disappointed. I was actually going to buy tickets to go to Aronimink (I live about 45 minutes North of Newtown Square), and it's a good thing I didn't buy them. I really wanted to see him and now this is also going to be the last time the AT&T; National will be at Aronimink, so I don't know if I'll get to any other tournaments again.

I think the injuries are worse that he originally stated. Obviously the "cold water treatments" that the doctors were giving him haven't healed the injuries very quickly. I think he'll be fine for the British Open. I think he could have maybe played a full day at Aronimink next week, but he was smart to pull out and rest the leg up even more. 3 weeks from now I think he'll be good to go, and that's the British Open.

Whether he has any success the rest of the year, I don't know. He hasn't worked with Foley since May, so I really have no idea what to expect. If he plays like he did in the last round of the Masters, he'll be in pretty good shape. I see him winning a tournament or two towards the end of the year.


If I was 45 minutes away, I'd still go. There are other good players scheduled to play and maybe you'll even run into Tiger off the course (says he's still going to show up for the event). Hey, it could happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites




Originally Posted by sean_miller

If I was 45 minutes away, I'd still go. There are other good players scheduled to play and maybe you'll even run into Tiger off the course (says he's still going to show up for the event). Hey, it could happen.


My dad has been out of work for almost a year and just now got a new job, and we just spend a few thousand dollars on a vacation to Cape May, NJ in August, so we kind of need to save the money. I would really love to go but I probably won't now. I think Aronimink will host a PGA Tour event in the future besides the AT&T; National, and even if it doesn't, I can go to another close-by tournament within the next few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites




Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

My dad has been out of work for almost a year and just now got a new job, and we just spend a few thousand dollars on a vacation to Cape May, NJ in August,


Okly dokly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by MrElculver2424

Yes, I'm very disappointed. I was actually going to buy tickets to go to Aronimink (I live about 45 minutes North of Newtown Square), and it's a good thing I didn't buy them. I really wanted to see him and now this is also going to be the last time the AT&T; National will be at Aronimink, so I don't know if I'll get to any other tournaments again.

I think the injuries are worse that he originally stated. Obviously the "cold water treatments" that the doctors were giving him haven't healed the injuries very quickly. I think he'll be fine for the British Open. I think he could have maybe played a full day at Aronimink next week, but he was smart to pull out and rest the leg up even more. 3 weeks from now I think he'll be good to go, and that's the British Open.

Whether he has any success the rest of the year, I don't know. He hasn't worked with Foley since May, so I really have no idea what to expect. If he plays like he did in the last round of the Masters, he'll be in pretty good shape. I see him winning a tournament or two towards the end of the year.



Im sure Tiger would be working on putting atleast with foley? Seems like a good time for that

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yeah...we've been saving up for a long time, and we're going with our brother and sister in-laws, who are paying for half of the trip. We spent most of the money that we can spend right now on that.

Don't act like a smartass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Note: This thread is 3761 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • On what grounds? It has been mentioned here that the purpose of such swale is to collect and divert water. This is from the Definition of  Penalty Area: A penalty area is: •• Any body of water on the course (whether or not marked by the Committee), including a sea, lake, pond, river, ditch, surface drainage ditch or other open watercourse (even if not containing water), Seems pretty straightforward to me.  That means also that any water in those swales is NOT Temporary Water and the is NO free relief from them whatsoever.
    • Bogey, par, bogey x 3, par, bogey, par, bogey x 3, par, bogey x 4, par, bogey. Sorta decent round.  Extra wet ground in some places with swamp and casual water.
    • Broke 80 by shooting 72.  Also the "No 6's" challenge. (Posted this on the challenge thread also.) Thanks!
    • Shot 36-36 = 72 - 1 over on my home course. 3 birdies and 4 bogeys.  Tied PR.  Windy with slight rain. Hosted 16 members of my other club to play with 15 members of this club. Amazing day. Good score was just a bonus. 
    • Very, very quick video. Thoughts? Some questions/comments: Do you think 60° to 120° is a lot? Is there a benefit in reducing that number/rotation? Is this something you "do" or something that "happens"? What are some other PGA Tour player numbers? What do you think?
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. billymo2
      billymo2
      (29 years old)
    2. bostonboy9416
      bostonboy9416
      (21 years old)
    3. georgep
      georgep
      (58 years old)
    4. kpaulhus
      kpaulhus
      (34 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...