IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Taylormade r7 460, and love it. I used to use a Cleveland Launcher 400, and recently switched. The new driver goes farther, and my slice is much less prominant, plus the approach is very confidence inspiring. I recommend this driver, due to it's power, forgiveness, and price.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

I have played with:

- Titleist 935K,905T, 905S
- Nakashima 380
- Cleveland 360, 460
-Callaway Hawkeye
- Ping G2
- Nike 460 Ignite, 460 Tour
- Taylormade 510 TP, 540XD, 580XD, R7 Quad, R5 TP, R7 TP, R7 Draw, Burner, R7 SuperQuad

I love the R7 Superquad...for now

Rick T.
A Big Equipment Freak!!!
Life is too short not to tried everything out there

In the BagDriver: SuperQuad 10.5 REG BABYWoods: TP 3 or 5 woods R7 stiffIrons: AP1 4-PW w/Project X 5.5Wedge: Spin milled 54 (bent to 52) 56 & Special Grind "P" 60Putter: Gauge Design Japan " The Balde"Ball:...

I have played with:

have you played-with them or owned them?

damn!
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

I just got a TM Burner Draw driver, I played with it for the first time last weekend, it really helped my slicing. Not to mention distance was improved and the club has tremendous loft for a 9.5 degree. Even on mishits I was getting the ball in the fairway.

I want to pound the MEATHEAD & The METROSEXUAL from the Slazenger RAW commercial..

Taylormade r580xd 9.5 deg.

Good choice..

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Titleist 905R, 9.5 degree, Aldila NV 65 Stiff, Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound Carolina Blue

In my x78 stand bag
Driver Tour Burner 9.5 REAX stiff
3 Wood 906F4 15.5 Aldila VS Proto stiff
Hybrid IDEA Pro Gold Matrix Ozik stiff
Irons AP1 4-W DG S300Wedges Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54, V-Foil Tour 60Putter Red X 35"Ball ProV1

I play a Ping Rapture, mostly because my pro sold it to me cheap. It took a while to get the shaft right as the stock UST909D was not right for my swing. But with a Aldila VS65 stiff it really flies. With an Aldila VS Proto 65 it flies even farther. While I'm not entirely sold on Ping, this one seems to work well.

Changed to PING!!!
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Srixon because it only cost $120 and I got a 4 wood thrown in as well.

Does the job too

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

TaylorMade r7 Draw.

I've played only one game this season, on Saturday, and I was hitting almost everything way left.

That's funny, because I bought the r7 draw to keep from slicing, and it worked well for me last season.

Oh, well.

- k

Titleist 905T w/ Aldila NV Stiff shaft works for me.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

I love my Callaway X460. It has a very nice ball flight, and a 10-yard power fade with it is just money. I like the Fujukara 64 shaft, although I might be reshafting to something with a heavier tip (a la Aldila NV) to get my flight down a little bit.

In The Bag

Callaway X460 10 w/ Fujikara 65 Stiff
Adams Ovation 2 15 degrees
Cobra Baffler 23 degree Powerbilt Grand Slam II Irons Callaway Forged+ 54 wedge Rossa AGSI+ Daytona 1 NXT or NXT Tour

I use a Cleveland HiBoreXL 9.5 with a YS7 stiff shaft.
I love the performance that the shaft gives BUT the ball flight can be a little too high at times where it catches wind and gets knocked down.
I was thinking of changing the shaft to something with a higher kick point and a stiffer tip. Was wondering if anyone's used a white or blue board shaft with a HiBoreXL yet.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Nike Sasquatch 460 Tour
(9.5°, Diamana Blueboard 83g stiff)
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Very impressed with the Nickent 4DX - I have also tried Callaway BB460 FT-i FT-5; TM R7 460 and Burner; Ping G10

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 4074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!