IGNORED

Which hybrid do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to hybrids? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I hit the Nickent 3dx's and a pair of Tour Edge's this past Easter weekend. It was a close call, but I felt like I could work the Tour Edge a little easier. I also loved the sound they make.

In my Bag:
Driver: Exotics Proto 9° Tour VS-Proto 65g Stiff
3 Wood: Exotics CB1 13° Aldila NV-65S
Hybrid: Exotics 18°, 21° Aldila NV-90S
Irons: ZB Forged 4 - PW Wedges: CG10 60° 3 dot, Vokey Spin Milled 54°Putter: White Hot BladeBalls: Pro V1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played either a Sonartec MD or a Hogan for a few years. Lately I got a Srixon AD on a whim and really like it.

I still like the others. I guess I'm just a club 'ho.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Nickent original 3dx. Got it cheap from TGW and it's awesome. Not sure if it's really the brand or the fact that the hybrids are super easy to hit. Only other one i've tried is Cleveland Hibore and I couldn't tell a difference between the two besides $40 dollars and that the Cleveland is a bit louder.

I don't use a hybrid - I generally hit my long irons well enough to have never shopped for one...

But, since there is an empty spot in the bag, maybe I should reconsider...

rusrus

Stand Bag: Grom
Driver: R5 Dual
Irons (3-P): 735CM StainlessWedge 52: FEEL DesignerWedge 56: FEEL DesignerWedge 60: FEEL DesignerPutter: Natalie 35"

How do you like the Bobby Jones' hybrids? I heard they're excellent out of the rough; true?
In Le Bag:

Driver: Burner 420 (circa 2002)
3-Wood: Original Bubble Burner (circa 1998)
5-Wood: noneHybrids: noneIrons: Silverscot Forged TourWedges: SV Tour BlackPutter: Black Series i #1Bag: Edge

I use a 16 degree Taylormade rescue dual.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

I use the Nickent Nickent 3dx and TM Burner.

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

Callaway FT hybrid 2-iron. Great club off the tee when the driver isn't doing well, good off the fairway, good out of the rough. I have yet to find a spot where this club cant perform. Im a big hybrid fan. I think all of the major brands make great hybrid clubs.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

I use a king cobra 18 degree blaffer pro with the speeder shaft. Overall, I think its the best hybrid you can get. I see alot of people who like the bobby jones, but the ball ballons off of those things, you cant drive it.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

i have one, a ben hogan with a true temper shaft. its 24*. since i have and open space in my bag and a huge gap to the three wood at 15*, i'm auditioning the baffler(i used to have an 18*, it was too stiff) mizuno, nickent, or another hogan

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Adams Idea Pro (18 & 20 deg)
In my Sun Mountain Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R7 SuperQuad 10.5°
3 wood: TaylorMade R7 Steel
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 2i(18*), 3i(20*)Irons: Titleist Ap2Wedges: Titleist Vokey 50* Oil Can & 54* SMPutter: Odyssey Black Series #1 / Ping Piper I-Series

I use a king cobra 18 degree blaffer pro with the speeder shaft. Overall, I think its the best hybrid you can get. I see alot of people who like the bobby jones, but the ball ballons off of those things, you cant drive it.

Why do you think the cobra is the best?

Why do you think the cobra is the best?

Its the one that feels the less "fairway woody" to me. Ive hit alot of hybirds, my instructor owns a range where he sells equipment, and ive played around with many demos. There isnt anything you cant do with the 18 degree pro model i have that you couldnt with a regualr 2i, but much easier to hit. Ive hit low,high, even 150 yard chip shots with that club. And it has a nice sound too, cant overlook that..

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Its the one that feels the less "fairway woody" to me. Ive hit alot of hybirds, my instructor owns a range where he sells equipment, and ive played around with many demos. There isnt anything you cant do with the 18 degree pro model i have that you couldnt with a regualr 2i, but much easier to hit. Ive hit low,high, even 150 yard chip shots with that club. And it has a nice sound too, cant overlook that..

I like your description, although I think it also applies to the regular Baffler, too. I have found that by manipulating the ball position, as well as the distance I stand from the ball, I can shape shots, keep the ball low and even chip with the clubs. They are very versatile.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Tommy Armour. Got i from my brother because he couldn't hit it. Works great for me. I like it a lot better than a fairway wood. They can take some getting used to but I love it.
In the bag:
Driver: Tour SS 310 10.5*
Hybrid: 3i 845s Oversize Plus 18*
Irons: FP 4-SW
Wedges: TruTech 60* LW & 56* SWPutter: Deep Red Fluid Feel 7Balls: DT So/Lo (discontinued) or e6+ (trying these out!)

I just picked up some hybrids to try from Costco. The thing that sold me was the IROD regular shaft. 21 and 24 degree from Nicklaus Golf and called XS Trajectory. Both for a c note. I've only hit them in my yard (I've got a pretty big yard) but they feel pretty good.

As a higher handicapper just returning to the game after a dozen years off, I'm more interested in experimenting a bit. And being from Costco, no questions asked return policy.

Note: This thread is 5680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!