IGNORED

2011 WGC Bridgestone Invitational

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 4650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree. It's a bit too flashy for a 0 wins player.

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

If he doesn't win soon he'll have to give up the Sunday orange thing. It's getting weird.

You've seen lots of McIlroy? What coverage are you watching? I've seen him hit 1 shot all day (a lag putt on 13 just there).

Quote:

Luke is playing? Never would have known. I haven't seen any KT Kim, even through he's tied with McIlroy, who I've seen a lot of.

You've seen lots of McIlroy? What coverage are you watching? I've seen him hit 1 shot all day (a lag putt on 13 just there).

Quote:

I think I've seen a bunch of his tap-ins. Maybe it was someone with a similar colored shirt through, I have the audio off.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's bizarre to hear Adam Scott and Luke Donald being described as the old men on the leaderboard.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

[quote name="deasy55" url="/forum/thread/52063/2011-wgc-bridgestone-invitational/90#post_636656"]

Never in my life have I seen such poor coverage of a #1 golfer that is in the top 5. I know Luke Donald isn't exactly Tiger but they should at least show him more than once every 3 or so holes.

Luke is playing? Never would have known. I haven't seen any KT Kim, even through he's tied with McIlroy, who I've seen a lot of. [/quote][quote name="Chilli Dipper" url="/forum/thread/52063/2011-wgc-bridgestone-invitational/108#post_636667"]It's bizarre to hear Adam Scott and Luke Donald being described as the old men on the leaderboard.[/quote] I agree. Hard to think of Scott or Donald as "old" - but it is amazing to see what guys in their early 20's and even some in their teens, are able to do. Combination of skill and mental toughness - very impressive.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by deasy55

Never in my life have I seen such poor coverage of a #1 golfer that is in the top 5. I know Luke Donald isn't exactly Tiger but they should at least show him more than once every 3 or so holes.

Luke is playing? Never would have known. I haven't seen any KT Kim, even through he's tied with McIlroy, who I've seen a lot of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

It's bizarre to hear Adam Scott and Luke Donald being described as the old men on the leaderboard.

I agree. Hard to think of Scott or Donald as "old" - but it is amazing to see what guys in their early 20's and even some in their teens, are able to do. Combination of skill and mental toughness - very impressive.

Why is this considered amazing? There are tons of sports where teenagers show the composure and skill of savvy veterans (tennis, hockey, gymnastics) and some where the body just isn't mature enough as a teenager (distance running, baseball). I'd say golf is somewhere in the middle.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Why is this considered amazing? There are tons of sports where teenagers show the composure and skill of savvy veterans (tennis, hockey, gymnastics) and some where the body just isn't mature enough as a teenager (distance running, baseball). I'd say golf is somewhere in the middle.

Gymnastics, for sure. Many other sports, like hockey, you definitely get the phenoms like Crosby and Stamkos who can compete at the highest level at a very young age. What seems different about golf is that it seems this has become the norm rather than the exception.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Well, Tiger didn't quite get me the 65..........anyone see the post-round interview with SW?.....Fantastic win by Stevie Williams with Adam Scott walking beside him swinging the club.

Stevie, you the man (sarcasm intented)....

Originally Posted by BallStriker

Adam Scott.....and Tiger comes up just short with a final round 65

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I don't really know why, but I wold be surprised if Rory won. I'll take Tiger, Fowler, and Jason Day to contend, with Hunter Mahan winning.

My predictions of Rory not winning and Fowler and Day contending were right, but I was way off-base with Tiger and Mahan.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Was right about Tiger, way wrong about Phil, and close with Rory.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I'll be surprised if Tiger finishes Top 15.  According to reports, he's been hurt and not playing so I don't think his short game will be where it needs to be.  I think Tigers return will motivate others, like Phil and Rory to step their games up.

Joe Paradiso

1. The course from aerial view looks very challenging, but monotonous. A bunch of long, narrow holes, plenty of trees between the fairways with similar number of bunkers and bunker sizes. Little variety of vegetation and geological elements. 2. Very competitive tournament. The level and quantity of young talent is ridiculous. I don't see how anyone can dominate the tour with all these great golfers playing out of their minds. 3. Stevie Williams clearly has some deep, burning dislike of his former employer.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by BallStriker

.......anyone see the post-round interview with SW?.....

I am sorry but Stevie was an *sshole in the televised interview.  I agreed with what Nantz said about 13 majors and this is was "best week ever"?  Maybe Stevie's been watching too much vh1 in his spare time.  Yes, Stevie, we know you're pissed...

Somebody better tell Pretty Boy Scott that not only is his caddy more famous than he is, but has probably made more "prize money" looping for Tiger than Adam made in his 8 wins.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

Nice show of class Steve Williams. You just over shadowed your bosses incredible win with your lame interview.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Originally Posted by uttexas

Stevie Williams clearly has some deep, burning dislike of his former employer.

Ya think??

Wondering if that is one of the very few times a caddy has been interviewed following a win? Sorta made Steve look like an arsehole, but makes for good TV I guess.

Not sure why Steve got an interview in the first place. It was bizarre and unnecessary but I guess the media will do their best to fan the flames Hopefully the melodrama doesn't get to the point where it affects Scott's golf.

Awesome week from Scott. Hopefully he can convert his talent into some more wins this season. Felt bad for Day today. He just couldn't seem to get the putter going, he seemed really bummed after that poor birdie putt on 18. As a fan from down under it is great to see Aussies in contention so often this year.

Ryo impressed too. He was trying to make the play all the way to the end when he could have shut up shop. Cost him a stroke or two but I prefer players who take the game on.

Note: This thread is 4650 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!