IGNORED

2011 WGC Bridgestone Invitational

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 4643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger is the biggest jerk in the world. Doesnt deserve the gallery he gets. He smiled one time through out his round. And it was when he came out of the port-a-potty 2min before his teetime. Johnny Vegas tossed me a ball though!

Back to not talking about caddies......

Was again dissapointed in the US golfers in this tournament.  Glad to see Rickie Fowler have a good final round, but really thought Watney, Stricker, Gary Woodland or Lucas Glover may have been better contenders.  Didn't expect Bubba, DJ, or Phil to do much with those narrow fairways and only 2 par 5's.

Not shocked to see McIlroy, Luke Donald, or Westwood in the top 10......again.

Originally Posted by cajuntexan00

Was again dissapointed in the US golfers in this tournament.  Glad to see Rickie Fowler have a good final round, but really thought Watney, Stricker, Gary Woodland or Lucas Glover may have been better contenders.  Didn't expect Bubba, DJ, or Phil to do much with those narrow fairways and only 2 par 5's.

One would have thought that Congressional was an ideal course for American golfers to shine, and the only Americans in the top ten were Robert Garrigus and Kevin Chappell. Fowler was the only American with a chance to win at Firestone, and the other two Americans in the top ten (Zach Johnson and David Toms) were two guys you wouldn't think would do well on this kind of layout. It's not a good sign for the USA brigade in Atlanta, since Congressional, Firestone, and Atlanta Athletic Club are three very similar courses.

Strangely enough, there were plenty of American flags on the leaderboard at Royal St. George's. Go figure.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

OK, once again ... for such a rule happy sport, makes no sense why golf doesn't mandate players must use the same tool for the job on the greens.    The mechanics of a belly putter are quite different from a conventional putter.       The guys that travel with them have to have a separate hard case for their putters - they don't even fit in the golf bag - that alone should be enough to ban the dastardly contraptions from the face of the earth ...

Originally Posted by shades9323

That is a terrible reason to not be a fan.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by inthehole

OK, once again ... for such a rule happy sport, makes no sense why golf doesn't mandate players must use the same tool for the job on the greens.    The mechanics of a belly putter are quite different from a conventional putter.       The guys that travel with them have to have a separate hard case for their putters - they don't even fit in the golf bag - that alone should be enough to ban the dastardly contraptions from the face of the earth ...

If you're going to mandate one shaft length, then you might as well mandate one head shape, too. Back and through, how is that so different? The standard length for a belly putter is 43", how long is your driver?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I'm getting tired of people hyping Rickie Fowler to death. Let him win a regular season event first. Then I will stick the constant major talk. I still see him as the 5th best of the "younger generation", behind Rory, Jason, Ryo and Matteo. And my opinion won't be changing until he actually puts 4 rounds together and wins.

(I'm not talking about you FowlPlay personally, but rather all the Rickie Fowler hype machine people out there)

Originally Posted by FowlPlay

Rickie moving his way up. I can't see why he wouldn't win a big one next year. Although I am hoping it's this weekend.

Originally Posted by deasy55

I'm getting tired of people hyping Rickie Fowler to death. Let him win a regular season event first. Then I will stick the constant major talk. I still see him as the 5th best of the "younger generation", behind Rory, Jason, Ryo and Matteo. And my opinion won't be changing until he actually puts 4 rounds together and wins.

(I'm not talking about you FowlPlay personally, but rather all the Rickie Fowler hype machine people out there)

No one here is hyping him, he's played well as of late. He's a good pick - I would pick him over Matteo any day.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Read the last thing I said

And I'm sure I've seen a few people hyping him here anyway.

Rickie before Matteo? Certainly on current form...but overall? Each to their own, I guess.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

No one here is hyping him

Originally Posted by Kieran123

No one here is hyping him, he's played well as of late. He's a good pick - I would pick him over Matteo any day.

Agreed. I don't care about the clothes or the hair, he's consistently playing good golf and if he keeps playing good golf he's going to win soon.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

i dont smile very much on the course.. does that make me the biggest jerk in the world :(

Originally Posted by domc36

Tiger is the biggest jerk in the world. Doesnt deserve the gallery he gets. He smiled one time through out his round. And it was when he came out of the port-a-potty 2min before his teetime. Johnny Vegas tossed me a ball though!

im a fan of the broomstick/long putter, they just look ugly.

It's not about looks. Garrigus is just bent over a bit more than the rest.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Ryo is over-rated IMO. He is a great golfer, but over-rated.

Originally Posted by shades9323

Ryo is over-rated IMO. He is a great golfer, but over-rated.

?  He's 19 years old....Competed at the Bridgestone till Sunday and has 11 wins on the Japan Tour....Shot 58 last year.

What were you doing at 19?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

If Rickie was wearing Dustin Johnson clothes I think he would have received 1/3 of attention he has now! :D

Note: This thread is 4643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!