IGNORED

Location?

Fourputt
Note: This thread is 3266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To be honest, I prefer not knowing where people are from. I find people in general, and this forum is no exception, are rather biased toward people who are "not from around here".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

To be honest, I prefer not knowing where people are from. I find people in general, and this forum is no exception, are rather biased toward people who are "not from around here".

Becoming thin skinned in your old age Miller?

I do know what you mean though. As a native of northern Washington state it is tough living in the midwest with what my wife calls a "Fargoesque" accent.

"You aint from around here are ya son!"

Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

Becoming thin skinned in your old age Miller?

I do know what you mean though. As a native of northern Washington state it is tough living in the midwest with what my wife calls a "Fargoesque" accent.

"You aint from around here are ya son!"

I've seen enough Euros rip on anyone who doesn't worship the ground McIlroy and McDowell walk on while the Americans (and probably a Canadian or two) rip on anyone who doesn't pay homage to Tiger Woods past glories on a daily basis. It's gross. end rant /

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Thanks to anyone who took my request in the vein it intended.  It makes some discussions make more sense, and I think that most of us are mature enough not to put any particular meaning on a persons comments just because of the location.  If a comment is mean spirited enough, Iacas will let you know.

To Sean...  I don't know why you go out of your way to be a burr under my saddle.  There is nothing wrong with with backing the home team (or for that matter, picking a team or player to follow regardless of affiliation)  - that's part of the fun of being a fan of any sport.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seriously? You might want to look in the mirror - the really big one that shows your entire head.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Thanks to anyone who took my request in the vein it intended.  It makes some discussions make more sense, and I think that most of us are mature enough not to put any particular meaning on a persons comments just because of the location.  If a comment is mean spirited enough, Iacas will let you know.

To Sean...  I don't know why you go out of your way to be a burr under my saddle.  There is nothing wrong with with backing the home team (or for that matter, picking a team or player to follow regardless of affiliation)  - that's part of the fun of being a fan of any sport.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Seriously? You might want to look in the mirror - the really big one that shows your entire head.

Not even worthy of a comment, and that has nothing to do with your location or mine.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Not even worthy of a comment, and that has nothing to do with your location or mine.

Sorry - didn't notice the "s'all good" clinking beer mugs.

Good suggestion Fourputt, as Erik stated the IP address gives away a lot more specific location information than city, state does.

Joe Paradiso

• 3 years later...
Bumping this ... I was wondering the same thing as @Fourputt

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

If from the tundra..................simply stating Canada is enough. LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I've often wondered why so many of you don't put your geographical location in your profiles.

Paranoid or lazy.  Hopefully lazy because if they're doing it to avoid being hacked or stalked or something then they're sadly mistaken.

I think to may have to change mine to "West Yorkshire" (where i live, alothough @iacas probably already new that from his spy gear :-P ) seeing as Yorkshire is the largest county in the UK. Its a lot like Texas, just wetter, colder, you cant understand our accsents!

Also commonly refered to as "Gods country" for some bizzare reason.

With all this talk of IP tracking im starting to wonder if @iacas is actually a Bond villan :-D

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Damn. Never thought about it. @iacas hopefully doesn't have any mob connections.

"Hey, that's a mighty nice golf swing you got there. It'd be a shame if something were to happen to it."

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator

I think to may have to change mine to "West Yorkshire" (where i live, alothough @iacas probably already new that from his spy gear ) seeing as Yorkshire is the largest county in the UK. Its a lot like Texas, just wetter, colder, you cant understand our accsents!

Also commonly refered to as "Gods country" for some bizzare reason.

With all this talk of IP tracking im starting to wonder if @iacas is actually a Bond villan

I only take the time to look at a person's IP address(es) if I suspect they're a spammer or someone with multiple accounts.

Which basically means almost never, because:

• Spammers are often obvious.
  • Most people are plenty satisfied with just one account. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I guess I never really thought about it.  But I updated it...especially since my forum name no longer jives with my location...

Note: This thread is 3266 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!