IGNORED

2011 College Football Discussion

BigAl5150
Note: This thread is 4528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bobleeswagger

I'm not normally spiteful when it comes to competition, etc.  But I have to say I take MUCH delight in Notre Dame continually being overrated and losing to sub-par teams.

Michigan State's D is looking solid, Wisconsin is going to be a powerhouse, Nebraska looks shaky...probably not a real top ten team yet.  Iowa had no business losing to ISU.  Here's looking forward to week 3.

I'm not normally spiteful either but Michigan States D didn't look to good against NOTRE DAME.

Wisconsin has a decent shot to win the big 10 but if they don't go undefeated the BCS won't be in reach the other thing hurting them is the lack of big 10 teams in the top 25

Nebraska will go as far as their defense takes them

Iowa is bad ... They had a good comeback this weekend but Pitt is terrible

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

OK Big Al, I never played FB at a high level. Is Wisc. really as good as they look? I try not to be an idiot when rooting for my Huskers. Wisc played a weak schedule so far, Neb. schedule has been slightly stronger. Neb. has clearly held some stuff back on offense, expect to see some wildcat and more roll out passes on running downs. I am kind of hoping are tall tackles, we have several in the 6-5 to 6-7 range will give the QB problems, but he seems mobile enough to avoid that. I still see it Wisc. by 7-10, maybe more since Neb. is turnover prone. I still expect them to play again in the championship game. I will be in Madison, have an old friend who has press access and I will be his gopher/ equipment sherpa.:-D

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Originally Posted by allin

OK Big Al, I never played FB at a high level. Is Wisc. really as good as they look? I try not to be an idiot when rooting for my Huskers. Wisc played a weak schedule so far, Neb. schedule has been slightly stronger. Neb. has clearly held some stuff back on offense, expect to see some wildcat and more roll out passes on running downs. I am kind of hoping are tall tackles, we have several in the 6-5 to 6-7 range will give the QB problems, but he seems mobile enough to avoid that. I still see it Wisc. by 7-10, maybe more since Neb. is turnover prone. I still expect them to play again in the championship game. I will be in Madison, have an old friend who has press access and I will be his gopher/ equipment sherpa.

Enjoy Camp Randall! Night games are a special festivity to say the least. As for the Badgers, the schedule hasn't been the greatest and the defense (which is not as good as last year) has not been tested yet. The offense however is much better than last year with the addition of Russell Wilson. They've barely had to run it down people's throats so far as he's been that good (and WI is three deep at tailbabck). I think you are right with the 7-10 point spread. I don't see a blow-out but it could be some offensive fireworks with both teams. Enjoy the game!

Alan

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

62-6.  But OU didn't look as good as the score shows. More a case of Ball State making mistakes than OU playing unbelievably well.  ...Ball State. Maybe that's all I needed to say...

Texas is next!

Texas A&M; has no pass defense this year.

Otherwise, it's a top 10 team. Its secondary puts it out of the top 25 very quickly.

Saw it against OSU, this week against Arkansas - Opposing QBs in consecutive weeks setting records...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Big win for Wisconsin last night. They made a statement last night that they are for real, that they deserve to be in the discussion with any other football program in the country and they put Nebraska on notice that they arent just going to roll in and dominate the Big Ten every year.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Why can't the coaches get with the program?  OU dropped to #3 in the AP, but they're still at #1 in the Coaches poll.  OU plays better when it's not the favorite -- come on coaches, put OU at #2 or #3!

I went to the 62-6 game against Ball State --- Ball State recovered an onside kick for the first play of the game.  At one point, the game was 10-6.  Then OU got on a ROLL.  Jefferson had an interception for OU on three consecutive possessions.  Impressive.  Almost made it four too.

Don't learn too much from a game like that though.  Landry's throws were almost all on the high side --- he'll need to be sharper against Texas next Saturday!

Alabama - 38 Florida - 10 My father in law bet me a six pack of Guinness and a pound of Sumatra that the Gators would only lose by a touchdown. Like taking beer and coffee from a baby.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Was at Wisc. game Sat., Wisc. offense looked good. Neb. offense really self destructed. Wisc. had several def. players out but Neb. failed to put any pressure on them. Neb. has major QB problems. Other teams may be able to score on them, but their offense is probably the best in big 10 this year.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• 5 weeks later...
OK its all starting to sort out now. Who is everybody picking Tide or Tigers? With teams this good I feel quarterback play usually makes the difference, but that is not the strength of these teams. I am leaning towards Tide since with a big time back there is less need to throw and a lower chance of turnovers. But teams are so close that the only real suprise would be a blowout. I am hoping huskers don't have a letdown after finally playing well against a decent team. After Tide and Tigers I am starting to believe Boise maybe deserves to be in the mix despite the weak schedule.

Boise St needs to get out of the WAC and join a conference with more elite teams. We can always make the argument about Boise St deserving a chance, but it's really hard to see that when the face teams like Idaho, San Jose St, etc. I too would like to see Boise St in the title mix, but with teams like LSU, Alabame, Oklahoma St playing like they are with their schedule, it's probably going to just be another BCS bowl game for Boise and no title shot.

OK its all starting to sort out now. Who is everybody picking Tide or Tigers? With teams this good I feel quarterback play usually makes the difference, but that is not the strength of these teams. I am leaning towards Tide since with a big time back there is less need to throw and a lower chance of turnovers. But teams are so close that the only real suprise would be a blowout. I am hoping huskers don't have a letdown after finally playing well against a decent team. After Tide and Tigers I am starting to believe Boise maybe deserves to be in the mix despite the weak schedule.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I would say both teams are equal on defense.  They are both great.  Alabama has the edge on offense.  Probably something like 17-10 Bama.

Boise State does not belong in any National Championship discussion until they play a full schedule against good opponents.  One win against Georgia does not qualify.

Personally, I'd like to see Stanford against the LSU-Bama winner.

Despite Stanford beating my team last week, I still would like to see Andrew Luck in the title game. But if Oklahoma St, wins out and beats Oklahoma, they OKST deserves to be in the title game.

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Personally, I'd like to see Stanford against the LSU-Bama winner.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Geaux Tigers!!! My LSU Tigers have one hell of a tough game this Saturday against a very tough Alabama team.  This game is built up to be an epic showdown!   I personally think the winning team will win by 7 - 10 points (guess which team i am picking, lol).

IN MY BAG:

- TaylorMade R11 Driver (Stiff Flex)

- TaylorMade R11 3 Wood (Stiff Flex)

- TaylorMade Rescule 11 (Stiff Flex)

- Nike Slingshot irons (3 - PW)

- TaylorMade TP xFT 52*

- TaylorMade TP xFT 60*

- Nike OZ Mallet Putter

- Titleist NXT Tour golf balls

- Footjoy StaSoft glove

- Adidas Powerband Sport shoes

Was at Wisc. game Sat., Wisc. offense looked good. Neb. offense really self destructed. Wisc. had several def. players out but Neb. failed to put any pressure on them. Neb. has major QB problems. Other teams may be able to score on them, but their offense is probably the best in big 10 this year.

Martinez would make an excellent RB but as a QB he does seem to struggle with some simple throws. I have no actual information other than some rumors I heard last weekend from a friend at the Notre Dame game. Apparently Dayne Christ graduates this year and he still has a year of eligibility left and he can play somewhere else without sitting out a year if he majors in something ND doesn't offer. Rumor was he's looking heavily at Nebraska because he thinks it would be the perfect fit for him.

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

Boise St needs to get out of the WAC and join a conference with more elite teams. We can always make the argument about Boise St deserving a chance, but it's really hard to see that when the face teams like Idaho, San Jose St, etc. I too would like to see Boise St in the title mix, but with teams like LSU, Alabame, Oklahoma St playing like they are with their schedule, it's probably going to just be another BCS bowl game for Boise and no title shot.

I agree and disagree because I used to say the exact same thing that you're saying. The thing that started to change my mind is the fact that they beat every team put in front of them. It seems like every year they beat a top tier team and usually whoever they get in their bowl game. I think that they deserve a chance to play in the title game and it would probably be good for the BCS. If they win everyone would know that they have the right to be there but if they get blown out it will be a non issue.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Note: This thread is 4528 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!