IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe it's just the holes I see off the road, but I get a little sea sick looking at Beavercreek GC. Still ought to find the cash to give a run one of these days.

It really isn't that up and down. Most of the holes are pretty flat, or have elevated tee shots. Though the fairways do have some really nice contours to them. The holes fit really well to the land.

The homes don't really come into play on the golf holes. They really kept the homes a good distance from the fairway. I think the closest is number 4 on the left, but the hole gradually gets further away from the homes as you get closer to the green. Then you have number 18 were there are some apartments on the right.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had to motor man, I almost didn't make it back before dark. Though I was held up on the back nine by this foursome who didn't have a sense of urgency to finish before the sun went down.

I am to much of a golf nut to give up such nice weather

This. I know if I got frustrated and quit now, come December I'd regret the fact that I didn't play every round I could while I'm surrounded by white sh**. :-D

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• 3 weeks later...

Weather permitting. I'm playing Sunday for sure. If I play Saturday, it'll be a very early round either at Miami Shores or the Falcon. Gotta be off to a wedding by 1 p.m.

Weather permitting. I'm playing Sunday for sure. If I play Saturday, it'll be a very early round either at Miami Shores or the Falcon. Gotta be off to a wedding by 1 p.m.

I have band practice on Sunday until noon. Should be warming up after that.

- Shane

• 2 months later...

I heard today that Penn Terra is not going to reopen in the spring. Another GC bites the dust.

Another one that I never played. I better get on playing the other courses that I haven't yet before they close. Not that this deep freeze is going to help that happen any time soon.

I heard today that Penn Terra is not going to reopen in the spring. Another GC bites the dust.

I think what hurts these courses is that they are far away from populated areas. Penn Terra looks to be about 30 minutes down I-70 towards Indiana. That is a pretty decent drive for many in Dayton when there are other options closer by.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I think what hurts these courses is that they are far away from populated areas. Penn Terra looks to be about 30 minutes down I-70 towards Indiana. That is a pretty decent drive for many in Dayton when there are other options closer by.

Yes, but there are a lot of people that live out in the rural areas and not many courses competing for business. That course was quite busy most of the time.

- Shane

Yes, but there are a lot of people that live out in the rural areas and not many courses competing for business. That course was quite busy most of the time.

Never know if it is actual poor business or just the owners moving on to something else.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Never know if it is actual poor business or just the owners moving on to something else.

It's a business decision like any other. When profitability is not there due to lack of business/revenue (I don't think that was the problem here) or increasing costs, then there is no longer a reason to stay in business. It's sad for me since my Grandpa has a memorial plaque on one of the tee boxes there.

- Shane

• 2 months later...

Anyone get out yet? Don't know if I'm kidding myself about my chances on Sunday.

Given the rain that we're supposed to get tomorrow and Sat, it might be too soggy. Planning on hitting Young's with the boy on Sunday afternoon.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!