Sign in to follow this  
inthehole

Big Break - Ireland

Note: This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

198 posts / 19713 viewsLast Reply

i sure wish this show wouldn't give away the ending like other reality shows i watch (specifically Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen and Project Runway)..   whomever is going to get kicked off always get lots more screen time then the others during the show.  that's giveaway number 1.. the 2nd, and they've done this the last couple weeks, the 30 second clip they show inbetween commericals, where you get a bit more "personal" information about the person (ie. that one chick from ND talked about how she was disqualified and called a cheater, and then this week where nicole had a blurb about herself).  that totally gives away who'd getting kicked off... "oh.. this is the last show for this person, so we gotta show a lot of them since we'll never see them again"..  kinda ruins it, as soon as i saw the little clip with nicole.. RIGHT BEFORE THE ELIMINATION ROUND.. i knew right away she was getting kicked off.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I want Nina to get booted SOOON!!  I don't like her one bit........

She's a little gutter-tramp, IMO  She has no self control over her emotions and it's extremely unattractive when a lady behaves like Nina.  Nina's hissy fits and temper tantrums show that she has no class.....  Somebody please boot her @ss out now!!

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I want Nina to get booted SOOON!!  I don't like her one bit........

She's a little gutter-tramp, IMO  She has no self control over her emotions and it's extremely unattractive when a lady behaves like Nina.  Nina's hissy fits and temper tantrums show that she has no class.....  Somebody please boot her @ss out now!!

I agree 100% she is the worst she should have been gone 2 episodes ago if joe hadnt been and idiot and picked julien instead of Nina.

I'm not a big fan of Nina, but Nicole showed her ugly side this week as well.  Nina admittedly played horribly in the team competitions the last two weeks but Nicole still felt the need to take some cheap shots about her "timing" of being able to putt during the elimination challenge.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nah Joe would still have hooked in the woods. Similiarly Nicoles first shot really made the whole challenge a lot easier for Nina.  This season all the contests look somewhat decent. Most have had a bad shot or two to go along with the nice ones. It is the timing of those bad shots which is sending people home.

Originally Posted by DFerlmann

I agree 100% she is the worst she should have been gone 2 episodes ago if joe hadnt been and idiot and picked julien instead of Nina.

Originally Posted by mrchi

One of my questions actually got through lol

Thanks for mentioning that. I read the Live Chat transcript today. Looks like Nicole may have bent the rules a little bit prior to filming. The Morning Drive crew asked if friend Ryann O'Toole had given her any advice on what to expect on Big Break. Nicole said Ryann told her to be prepared for anything and to get plenty of sleep. During the Live Chat the same question was posed and suddenly Nicole's version was a bit different. She said the players weren't allowed to seek advice from anyone who had been on the show but that her advice to anyone would be to prepare for anything and get plenty of sleep. LOL.

It seemed obvious that Nicole had talked to Ryann. The first I heard about Big Break Ireland was when Ryann mentioned it during a published interview, not long after her US Open breakthrough. She said she knew some of the players who would be on the cast that had just been announced. One problem: It hadn't been announced. The press release was a couple of weeks later. Ryann had info from an insider.

Late in that Live Chat transcript Nicole said she hoped to have a former Big Breaker caddying for her in Q School finals. I wonder if she is referring to Ryann? Nobody asked the follow up question.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I'm not a big fan of Nina, but Nicole showed her ugly side this week as well.  Nina admittedly played horribly in the team competitions the last two weeks but Nicole still felt the need to take some cheap shots about her "timing" of being able to putt during the elimination challenge.

Exactly. Nina did play like shite, but for Nichole to start crying about things not being fair or bitching about Nina making putts, is pure sour grapes. All Nichole had to do was outplay Nina, but she couldn't do it.

It was pretty hard for me to accept the outcome from this week's show.  If this was purely a golf challenge, it's unfathomable that the weakest link for the last two weeks could play so poorly and then get a clean slate in the elimination challenge and send one of the strongest players home.  Unfortunately, this isn't purely a golf challenge, but a reality show...so I've come to terms with the dynamic nature of it.

I guess I'm rooting for Andy to win.  Maybe a matchup with Julien in the final show would be best?

Brandon

I don't care for NIna and her attitude.  Hard to believe she could step up in the elimination after the way she had been playing.  I understand Nicole's frustration although she should have kept her comments to the confessional.  Nina's comments come off like she's this great golfer and deserves to be there.  I'm fairly confident that with a game like hers, she will choke again real soon and be gone.  Previews for this week are for gale force winds.  Hopefully she will get blown off the show.

Nina has played poorly in the team challenges but stepped it up in the elimination challenge which is when it counts most.  Nicole had her chance to eliminate Nina but couldn't get it done.  I agree Nina is being made to look bad on the show, but it seems the others on the show were rooting for her over Nicole.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Nina has played poorly in the team challenges but stepped it up in the elimination challenge which is when it counts most.  Nicole had her chance to eliminate Nina but couldn't get it done.  I agree Nina is being made to look bad on the show, but it seems the others on the show were rooting for her over Nicole.

Is that because they like her/dislike Nicole or because they think Nicole is a strong competitor and wanted her gone?  I get the feeling it was the latter.

Brandon

Final four.  Good to see the weak one go home.  She was probably one of the worst female players out there.  She should have stuck to basketball.  But it's a made for TV event and people coattail their way for distances on shows like this (or on Survivor!).  Feel badly for the participants on this show though.  The weather has been overly brutal.  But that's Ireland golf.

Surprised by all the venom spewed Nina's way.  She is relatively new to the game, but she is clearly an athlete.  She has a typical jock attitude and she is extremely hard on herself.  That's nothing new on this show, why is everyone being so hard on her for it?  She knows she hasn't played her best but she grinded it out and made it to the top 5.  Julien might be the nicest guy on the show and he seemed to have a good relationship with Nina, so I think that says a little more about her.  Mark and Nicole were at times unbearable this season.

Julien is extremely solid, he is nervy though.  He needs to trust himself a bit more whereas Andy perhaps needs to trust himself a bit less.

Julien showed he's not good under pressure.     Andy is solid.    Mark is probably the least comfortable at this time.     i think Mallory has shown she's got game & is good under pressure.     My prediction (and it will fit right into best ratings category)... final will be Mallory & Andy, with Andy edging her out, although I would love to see her pull it out, oops, I mean off.

Every time they showed Mallory during the interview cutaways, I had a hard time looking at anything other than her breasts.

Brandon

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Every time they showed Mallory during the interview cutaways, I had a hard time looking at anything other than her breasts.

Brandon

LOL....she's my fav!!

I'm just thrilled that Nina got booted...........that girl had no class.   Glad she's gone................

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

LOL....she's my fav!!

I'm just thrilled that Nina got booted...........that girl had no class.   Glad she's gone................

Nina was such a whiner - dont like playing with people that sulk & whine about every bad shot they hit.     They love putting Mallory in those ultra tight Cold Gear tops ... and for good reason

Note: This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!