IGNORED

New Community Director Mike McLoughlin (October 1, 2011)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 hours ago, iacas said:

It has been a good journey, my friend.

And, if anyone is looking for some ocean-front property in Idaho… @mvmac is your guy!

Good luck to you Mike. How long does it take to get your amateur status back @mvmac 

Ocean-front Idaho? :hmm:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Good luck to you Mike. How long does it take to get your amateur status back @mvmac 

It depends on the "offense". I have to wait about a year before I apply for reinstatement. From there it should be pretty simple since I never played in a tournament as a pro.

I did talk with the USGA and was able to get what's called a PAR letter. It gets the ball rolling and specifies what I can play in during my time waiting for reinstatement:

You are not eligible to enter competitions limited to amateur golfers except that you may enter competitions and win a conforming prize (not to exceed a value of $750)  solely among members of a club where you are a member, subject to the approval of the club. You may also, without prejudicing your application, enter as an applicant for reinstatement (A/R) competitions where professionals, amateurs, non-amateurs and applicants for reinstatement may participate. You may not enter these competitions as a professional or as an amateur. In order to avoid jeopardizing your pending application, you must enter these competitions as an applicant for reinstatement. You should ask the committee in charge of the competition if applicants for reinstatement may participate in the competition

31 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Ocean-front Idaho? :hmm:

@iacas is just kidding.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Mike thanks for your valuable time and assistance over the past few years. I know you have contributed countless hours commenting on members swings, filming videos, posting about the swing, etc. 

Your advice has helped me a great deal and I'm sure many others can say the same. Glad to hear you will still be posting on the site. Best of luck in your real estate career and your amateur golf career! 

Mike,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help and knowledge provided to me over the years.  It was great to finally meet you a couple years ago.  I wan't to wish you all the best with your real estate career, and tournaments.  

Nathan

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!