IGNORED

What is your personal goal for golf?

jcollins120
Note: This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

#1 Scratch Golfer #2 Shot a round under par

Hi Bore XL 10.5*

Launcher DST 3W 15*

Rescue 09 Hybrid 19*

MX-23 Irons 4-PW

Wedges 51*,56*, 60*

Classic II Putter

B330-RX

• 11 months later...

My first personal goal is to make my index read 15.0 or below by my birthday, May 21st. My second goal is to break 90. I already know I can do it because I was shooting 90 coming into the 17th hole and all I had to do was to par 17 and 18. Of course it didn't play out like that but I know it's there.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

Break into the 80's and hit straight drives with decent distance.

"There are two things that don't last very long...dogs that chase cars, and golfers who putt for pars."

started playing at age 46 (2011).      ~ 220 rounds or so under my belt to date - went from off the chart bad to 18.1.      Obsessed with everything golf.    I have 2 years until I'm 50 & would like to be single hcp by then.    I have no greater aspirations with the body I have left than that ... we'll see if I can do it - it's all about the flat stick for me - I've really developed a dislike for putting, only part of the game I don't enjoy (if I could putt my way out of a paper bag, I would be close to goal right now).   I need to incorporate more practice & less course time to really dial in the longer fairway clubs & short game.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by inthehole

started playing at age 46 (2011).      ~ 220 rounds or so under my belt to date - went from off the chart bad to 18.1.      Obsessed with everything golf.    I have 2 years until I'm 50 & would like to be single hcp by then.    I have no greater aspirations with the body I have left than that ... we'll see if I can do it - it's all about the flat stick for me - I've really developed a dislike for putting, only part of the game I don't enjoy (if I could putt my way out of a paper bag, I would be close to goal right now).   I need to incorporate more practice & less course time to really dial in the longer fairway clubs & short game.

This is what probably held me back more than anything else.  While I was still working, any time I to spare for golf was spent on the course playing.  Hitting balls on the range just bores me, and I can only spend so much time on the putting green before I lose focus and I'm just batting balls around.  I seem to need the challenge of actual play to keep my mind on the job.

The best time I put in for practice was often still a modified form of play.  Some of my most effective practice was on the par 3 course of my local complex.  I was working swing shift, so I'd go out on weekday mornings when I virtually had the course to myself and play their par 3 course.  It has holes from 80 yards to 200 yards, plenty of bunkers, 3 holes where water hazards come into play, so it's nice little short game practice course.  I'd play shots from all of the bunkers, drop 4 or 5 balls randomly around each green and work on pitching and chipping.  I owe a lot of what short game skill I have to that course.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

My next goal, to break 80.

After that, single digit HCP

After that...I can't even conceive of breaking par or anything, but maybe I will one day!

Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver 

Calloway RAZR Fit 3W  

Taylor Made R7 Irons 

White Ice #1 35" 

Mizuno F50 5-7W 

Bushnell Medalist Range Finder 

Broke 90 for the first time this year, so I have 80 in the gunsights for this year.

I also will play a round a week with my kids.  I hope they can enjoy the game with me, as I hope it is something we can do together for years to come.

Cart Bag   910 D2 Driver 10.5*, F10 Hybrid 19*, AP2 712 Irons 3-W  56* and 60*

Custom Shop Junk Yard Dog - Laguna 2

Originally Posted by robrey85

My first personal goal is to make my index read 15.0 or below by my birthday, May 21st. My second goal is to break 90. I already know I can do it because I was shooting 90 coming into the 17th hole and all I had to do was to par 17 and 18. Of course it didn't play out like that but I know it's there.

No offence, but if you can't break 90, how can your handicap be anywhere near 15?

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by WWBDD

No offence, but if you can't break 90, how can your handicap be anywhere near 15?

His handicap on his avatar shows  26.9. He wants it to be lower than that  along with breaking  90 by may 21st.  Kinda go hand in hand.

Shoot my age(70) last year I came into the 18th -2 needing a birdie to do that, 69 then, and hit my second shot into the green side bunker under the lip and made double. UGH. My real goal is to just play the game and enjoy it to its fullest.

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

Goals:

#1.  Hit more fairways with my Driver

#2.  Break 80

#3.  Make an Eagle

#4.  Make an Ace

#5.  Play to a single digit index

MBG, those are great goals, what steps are you taking to achieve them?

Long term goal is to shoot my age one day. My father has done it numerous times, he did it first when he was 67. He is 72 now and does it regularly these days.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

My goals are to play more great courses, preferably with good friends.As to the score..., maybe once upon a time but, these days, to me its more about enjoying being out there having a great laugh with the guys.

Note: This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!