IGNORED

My Swing (Poser)

poser
Note: This thread is 2284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by poser

For some reason this is really hard for me to get.  My left shoulder wants to go up no matter how hard I try to keep it down.  Could having the right shoulder feel higher accomplish similar results?

Originally Posted by mvmac

It could or feeling the right hip stay higher.  Still gotta get the handle down sooner.  It's ok for the left shoulder to transfer forward (towards the target) a little, that might help as well.  Feeling might be like you're pulling a large nail out of a wall behind you.

If he is having issues with keeping the left shoulder down... I'd also consider working on the timing of the left leg straightening.

Left leg strait - is going to raise the left shoulder and belt line.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 8 months later...

It's been a while since I posted some swings these are 4 irons.  I've struggled bad the last few months.  I started working on the trackman alot and my path was around 6 out to the right so we worked to get my path more left.  Of course they always say you can't over do it but, I was swinging 3-4 degrees left when I went in 2 weeks ago.  I was hitting these weak cuts and really heavy divots which was way unusual for me.  My handicap has went from a 1 upto a 5 also.  Was down in Orlando last week and scores down there were 85, 75, 74 and I hit alot of punchy shots cause swing was still steep.  Come this weekend I went out and shot a 93 in a tournament which I can't remember the last time I shot in the 90s.  Went out yesterday in the morning before our round and worked hard to get the path and ball to start right I think I'm getting closer to where I was and played and shot one over.  The steep swing keeps sneaking in and I'll hit these really fat shots or weak cuts.  For the most part though on the front nine I hit my normal nice push draw with shallow divots.

Anyways here are the latest not great by any means but, better than the super steep crap I was doing.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Gorgeous swing. To say that I'm jealous would be a huge understatement. Very natural looking.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• Administrator

Mind your ball position. Better players tend to want to err on the side of the ball being more forward than too far back. Center of your stance with a 4I is too far back, most likely.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by TJBam

Gorgeous.  Gorgeous.

I can't tell if you're serious, of if you're just mocking me.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I can't tell if you're serious, of if you're just mocking me.

No, it is really good.  I watched it one too many times.

Originally Posted by iacas

Mind your ball position. Better players tend to want to err on the side of the ball being more forward than too far back. Center of your stance with a 4I is too far back, most likely.

Thanks eric I noticed that too I use to play it far forward with every club but, with the fades I had been hitting I was trying to move it back to cheat some.  I'll keep an eye on that

project x 6.0

Originally Posted by TJBam

No, it is really good.  I watched it one too many times.

haha Thanks guys makes me feel a little better to me I see nothing but, flaws lol.

project x 6.0

• 2 months later...

Latest...

Starting to come back and getting better.

project x 6.0

Hey, poser! Wow, can't believe this is the first time I'm posting on your thread :-D

Question. What club are you hitting here in these latest swings?

I noticed you flattened out your backswing shaft plane quite a bit since your last swing video update on July 1st. I think I'd like to see a backswing closer to the July 1st video with the better downswing being the one you posted today.... although I could be wrong since that backswing from July could be a tad too steep. Anyway, love the swing, man. What are some of your thoughts on what you are trying to accomplish these days?

Red line is shaft angle at A3.

Constantine

Thanks Jetfan.  I've mainly been working on one thing and thats to get unstuck.  Lately I've been getting my right elbow stuck behind me and causing all kinds of bad shots.  Trying to get into a more pitch position also has helped shallow the downswing like you saw in your comparison.  That was a 7 iron in the latest and a 4 iron on the left.  My miss has always been get stuck and dump it in the ground to try to hit the ball and catch it fat.  When I get the elbow a little more what feels pitch to me it's very hard to hit it fat and mainly miss it thin which I would love for a miss rather than fat.  Also picked up a club in distance that way which is nice.

BTW what software is that you used ?

project x 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poser View Post

Thanks Jetfan.  I've mainly been working on one thing and thats to get unstuck.  Lately I've been getting my right elbow stuck behind me and causing all kinds of bad shots.  Trying to get into a more pitch position also has helped shallow the downswing like you saw in your comparison.  That was a 7 iron in the latest and a 4 iron on the left.  My miss has always been get stuck and dump it in the ground to try to hit the ball and catch it fat.  When I get the elbow a little more what feels pitch to me it's very hard to hit it fat and mainly miss it thin which I would love for a miss rather than fat.  Also picked up a club in distance that way which is nice.

Hard to believe you catch many fat with that swing, but yea, that could technically happen when stuck. And I do see what you're saying as when you reach the top of your backswing, the right elbow is in a good spot, but as you transition, you shift the elbow location back and closer to your shirt seam. Your torso begins to unwind, but the arms stay more or less in place. I think a good change could be unifying the decent of the arms with the unwinding of the body, and that may prevent the elbow from getting trapped behind you.

Like, a pretty simple move on the practice tee could just be an "arms go up, arms come down" kind of thing where you are watching that right elbow to make sure it doesn't shift back in the start-down.

Quote:
BTW what software is that you used ?

http://analyzrgolf.com/pro/

Constantine

• 6 months later...

Been struggling lately and went back through some old swings when I was playing my best.  This was back in 2011 and I really like the extension I had and how my hips are higher and not as collapsed.  This was the best I ever hit and Now I'm wondering why I ever started messing with it.  It's been up and down last 3 years and swing has transformed into some ugly looking things.

What do you guys think?

project x 6.0

• 1 year later...

Been a long time.  I tore my ECU tendon in my left wrist in May 2014 and was out for the entire year.  Slowly getting it back had to make a few changes to take some pressure off wrist and changed release pattern some.  Also put on a few pounds.... Here is a few swings from a couple months ago.  I'll post some updated ones later this week.

project x 6.0

• Administrator

Been a long time.  I tore my ECU tendon in my left wrist in May 2014 and was out for the entire year.  Slowly getting it back had to make a few changes to take some pressure off wrist and changed release pattern some.  Also put on a few pounds.... Here is a few swings from a couple months ago.  I'll post some updated ones later this week.

Good. Looking forward to the new ones.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 months later...

Still battling some of the same old things and started early extendiing more this year no idea why so trying to fix that right now.

St

project x 6.0

Do you think you EE'd on that dtl swing? Looks fine to me on that front.

I'd recommend addressing the turning rates. Your torso is under-rotated at 3 and 4.

Ball also might be too far back for a driver.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 2284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!