Originally Posted by ARgolfer

Ran three miles with the wife this AM.

Were you able to keep up?

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

10 mile run at 7:40 pace.  Followed by 45 min. of weight training.

Felt great (exhausted, but good).

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

About 1.5 miles at just under a 9:00 pace. I haven't used my watch much lately so I hit the wrong buttons a few times and then the battery died. Who knows what data it spit out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Question - do arm workouts with weights and free weights, kettle bells, etc, screw up  your game if you play later in the day?

They've done it to me. lol. Had an arms workout and went to the range an hour later. Could not hit anything below a sand wedge off the turf without plowing fields. The day before, everything was pure. After a workout, the arms were jelly-like. Guess it's a silly question. It had an effect.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Depends on the workout really, if your pushing yourself to that much fatigue, that is counterproductive if your going to golf later in the day. Though i have done that before and end up alright, usually after 4-5 hours my arms are usuable for a round of golf.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Question - do arm workouts with weights and free weights, kettle bells, etc, screw up  your game if you play later in the day?

They've done it to me. lol. Had an arms workout and went to the range an hour later. Could not hit anything below a sand wedge off the turf without plowing fields. The day before, everything was pure. After a workout, the arms were jelly-like. Guess it's a silly question. It had an effect.

i don't do many isolated arm workouts anymore (freeweight curls, etc), but i sometimes find that my harder leg days hurt my range sessions a bit (longer than a 10k run for example)

i also feel like kettle bells have helped my game immensely in terms of hip action/downswing sequence.......even after a workout involving swings/cleans/snatches i still feel pretty good on the range

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

i actually had the opposite happen. my triceps were killing me and my chest and elbow pits were tight, but it made me not get as much arm action as i normally might have gotten. swinging also helped me stretch everything back out.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Quick update.  Still going 3 x a week.  Not been posting them up.  Try to remember this month to get back on here.  I saw the ? about being tight and playing the same day after working out.  I have actually come to like it.  The tight feeling really makes me feel "connected"  As long as my hip flexors feel loose, I think it helps.

Yesterday.

3x12 Straight arm sit ups with db Kettle bells (26s, 35s)

Then 10 rounds of the following.

Double clean

Double Thruster

Double Squat

Double Push Press

That = 1 rep and do 5 reps per round.  1 min rest in between rounds. 10 rounds total.

35s and 44s were my weights and I bumped up halfway thru.

P90X chest and back, ab ripper X early this morning. Feel like i got f***ed by a train. Good grief, I'm outta shape.

Constantine

Thought I'd chip in. Some great routines on here.

My standard one, generally twice a week, with some isolation training one or two days in between.

60 push ups

25 squats - 60 kgs (132lbs)

25 deadlifts - 60kgs

25 floorwipers - 20kg KB (44lbs)

20 seated side trunk twists legs raised L+R 20kg KB

30 KB swings 20kgs

15 one armed swings 20kgs L+R

15 KB windmills L+R 20kgs

20 KB figure 8's 20kgs

10 KB presses L+R 20kgs

15 KB one arm rows L+R 20kgs

15 one arm side laterals 6kg (13lbs)

15 KB snatches L+R 20kgs

15 KB skull crushers (I've heard them called this) basically a tricep excercise, like shooting a basketball from a lying position with KB, obviously not letting go of it.

Tend to get it done in about 25 minutes. Need to do more stretching, hate it but my hips get very tight after hitting a lot of balls.

1 min max reps per movement, 15 sec rest between movements, 2 min rest between rounds, 3 rounds

Swings

Pull ups

DBL straight leg DL

Burpees

Swing - Catch

Pull over situps

Plank

med wt is called for  I used 44s and 35 for pull over.

So back in January I got fed up with being 5' 6 3/4" and 237 lbs. My wife and I joined a gym, I started to change my eating habits, and in February took up golf again. I didn't realize at the time that I would be where I'm at today. I weighed in at 205 yesterday and this past week and the guy that manages our gym has said he will help me "train" for golf fitness. I told him of my hopes and plans for possibly competing and hopefully contending in some of the more popular state am tournaments. He's on board with helping me. We have a year to get me physically ready and to get my golf game to a solid state. This past week I've gone everyday and done at least 25 minutes/ 2 miles on an eliptical machine. I've also been to the driving range more. This next week I'll being a exercise routine specific for golf as well as some yoga. I'm enthusiastic about it.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter