IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Before class, few sets of bench, pull ups and kettlebell deadlifts.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Posted in my 1000th post thread today and felt inspired to workout today instead of staying unmotivated, at least for today.

Bent-Over Dumbbell Rows 30 lbs. x 3 sets x 12 reps
Upright rows 30 lbs. x 3 sets x 12 reps
Dumbbell Curls 10 lbs. x 3 sets x 12 reps

Did a quick 6 minutes on the treadmill and burned 113 calories.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Been battling some lower body injuries on and off since early January.  It has been pretty frustrating.  Will be doing upper body exclusively for a couple weeks in efforts to let things heal. Will probably do push/pull split.

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

Did the Insanity Workout! :-D

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Got the blood flowing and worked up to a work set of 20 squats. Set of stiff leg deads and a set of walking lunges from one end of gym to the other. Although absolutely brutal im seeing remarkable strength and size gains with the high rep squat sets one day a week. I highly recommend them to everyone able, even if you simply start out with bodyweight or the bar only for resistance. Always focus on good form of course.

Forgot to post Friday's workout.

New PR for front squats, 165, failed three times at 185, chest kept falling forward.

5x10 Behind the head presses 60lbs

5x10 Military behind the head presses 60lbs

5 x10 Bench 115lbs

and then kettelbell class.

Today's workout

Deadlift 10 reps at 135

Plate Halo press 45

Deadlift 8 reps 185

10 Halo press 45

DL 6 reps 225

10 Halo Press 45

x2

Max chin ups, max bell push ups

Mike McLoughlin

Current goal is to get to 160 lbs (currently at 175, down from 195). Then, do a very gradual bulk up (200 or 300 calories over maintenance per day) to whatever I feel is good.

- 4 warm up sets of squats, ramping up to 225

- Squats 235 3x5

- Bench Press 160 3x5, one drop set of 135 1x7

- Pendlay Rows 160 3x5

- Close Grip Bench - 125 2x8

- Tricep extensions - 65 2x8

- As many chin-ups as possible (think I got to 15)

Current goal is to get to 160 lbs (currently at 175, down from 195). Then, do a very gradual bulk up (200 or 300 calories over maintenance per day) to whatever I feel is good.

- Squats 235 3x5

- Pendlay Rows 160 3x5

Good luck.

Some of us are on a similar journey so we're with ya. :-)

Christian

Did the Jillian Michael's workout No. 5 this morning, will do the Insanity workout tomorrow.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Did the Jillian Michael's workout No. 5 this morning, will do the Insanity workout tomorrow.

What does the insanity workout consist of?

Christian

What does the insanity workout consist of?

All interval training, several different videos.  Takes close to 35-45 minutes for each one.

There are two videos that I really like, here are some of the moves (from memory).  When i do it tomorrow I'll try and remember what's in each one.

First Circuit is typically done 3 times, second and third times faster (you don't stop until third set is over):

Jogging in place

jumping jacks or power squats (basically a jumping jack from a squat position)

Heisman Jump (Jump side to side raising your non-landing leg, but keep your body forward)

1-2-3 Heisman (Take three quick steps and raise leg without jumping)

Jogging in place Butt Kicks ( you try to kick yourself in the butt with your heel while jogging  in place)

jogging in place Knee Raise (try to raise you knee above your hips)

Mummy Kicks (you lean back keeping core tight, raise your arms above your shoulders and running place)

Cool down, 2-3 minutes of stretching

Second Circuit (this is not the order, but things that you do)

Basketball Jump

Suicides

Alternating jumping jacks

power squats

Do the 1-2-3 Heisman again

Ski jumps

mummy Kicks

Butt Kick and Knee Raises again

Football Drill

Last exercise is from Stand Up position

Kneel down

jump back into a plank position

*do 4 pushups (8 in the other video)

then stay in push up position and bring your knees to your chest 8 times and then

bring legs back in jump up and repeat until he tells you to stop*

You do the second circuit again but faster.

You also add ski jumps from the plank position and bringing the knees in and out while in plank position as well during the final circuit.

It's very hard, at least for someone like me who didn't work out.

I sweat my balls off doing this.  Lost 5 pounds in two weeks

-Jerry

50 Clean and presses 95lbs

50 Floor Wipers

10 Deadlifts 135

8 Deadlifts 185

6 Deadlifts 225

- Squats 235 3x5

- Pendlay Rows 160 3x5

Nice, good luck!

Mike McLoughlin

All interval training, several different videos.  Takes close to 35-45 minutes for each one. There are two videos that I really like, here are some of the moves (from memory).  When i do it tomorrow I'll try and remember what's in each one. First Circuit is typically done 3 times, second and third times faster (you don't stop until third set is over): Jogging in place jumping jacks or power squats (basically a jumping jack from a squat position) Heisman Jump (Jump side to side raising your non-landing leg, but keep your body forward) 1-2-3 Heisman (Take three quick steps and raise leg without jumping) Jogging in place Butt Kicks ( you try to kick yourself in the butt with your heel while jogging  in place) jogging in place Knee Raise (try to raise you knee above your hips) Mummy Kicks (you lean back keeping core tight, raise your arms above your shoulders and running place) Cool down, 2-3 minutes of stretching Second Circuit (this is not the order, but things that you do) Basketball Jump Suicides Alternating jumping jacks power squats Do the 1-2-3 Heisman again Ski jumps mummy Kicks Butt Kick and Knee Raises again Football Drill Last exercise is from Stand Up position Kneel down jump back into a plank position *do 4 pushups (8 in the other video) then stay in push up position and bring your knees to your chest 8 times and then  bring legs back in jump up and repeat until he tells you to stop* You do the second circuit again but faster. You also add ski jumps from the plank position and bringing the knees in and out while in plank position as well during the final circuit.   It's very hard, at least for someone like me who didn't work out. I sweat my balls off doing this.  Lost 5 pounds in two weeks

Seems really intense. How big (height/weight) are you if you don't mind my asking and what is your goal if you have one.

Christian

Elliptical for 20 minutes

Ab, and hip workout

Still have some lingering issues with my hip. I am pretty sure it is the sciatica coupled with an overly tight Illiopsoas muscle. My poor posture at work probably doesn't help. Today was a very good day. Just trying to find the right set of exercises to help the muscles around that area and not get the muscle inflammed.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Elliptical for 20 minutes

Ab, and hip workout

Still have some lingering issues with my hip. I am pretty sure it is the sciatica coupled with an overly tight Illiopsoas muscle. My poor posture at work probably doesn't help. Today was a very good day. Just trying to find the right set of exercises to help the muscles around that area and not get the muscle inflammed.

Better be in shape come September - don't want any excuses when we whoop your butts. :-P

I have not done much exercising the past week, although I have been pretty diligent in keeping track of calorie intake while the fitbit keeps track of my calorie output.

Even without the exercise, the pounds are still falling off.  Since Jan 21, down about 18, which is just about 25% of the way towards my goal, and for now, that is still well ahead of the 2-per-week schedule. :beer:

Better be in shape come September - don't want any excuses when we whoop your butts.

I have not done much exercising the past week, although I have been pretty diligent in keeping track of calorie intake while the fitbit keeps track of my calorie output.

Even without the exercise, the pounds are still falling off.  Since Jan 21, down about 18, which is just about 25% of the way towards my goal, and for now, that is still well ahead of the 2-per-week schedule.

I should be fine. I pulled a support muscle in my lower back a few months ago. Just one of those annoying areas that can act up because it never really gets any true rest. There is no severe muscle pulled pain anymore. Just can get achy from bad posture. I am having days with little to no pain than before. So all signs are showing a better recovery. I just need to really beef up the support muscles and keep the hips stretched out. Having a desk job does not help with hamstring and hip flexor flexibility. I finally can touch my toes again doing the classic legs forward hamstring stretch.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Seems really intense.

How big (height/weight) are you if you don't mind my asking and what is your goal if you have one.

Very intense.

5'8" - 200 lbs

Want to get to 180-185

-Jerry

Just jogged 3 miles on the treadmill at the hotel.  I am ready for warmer weather to get out and get more active.  It wont be long.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.