IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

• Administrator

I've left a few out this week and the past week or two. Been really busy. Ran two miles on the treadmill today. Woo. Whatevs. God I hate the treadmill. :)

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Erik - as a recovering marathoner I can say that sometimes the effort to run in bad/unpleasant conditions says a lot about your dedication and devotion.Β  Of course, everyone just thought I was crazy....

I've been spending time on the spinner bike - 45 minute sessions.Β  Some pushup/dip (60/50) before and after.Β  Last couple I've walked a mile (10 laps of our indoor track) with 1 lap jogging at the end.Β  Hope that I can get back to some decent distances without re-injuring my hip and knee.Β  The pushups and dips seem to really help with upper body strength - and with any luck - my golf swing!

Originally Posted by iacas

2.15 miles in 18:25

So I planned to do my LSD (4+ miles) today, but the wind was blowing really, really hard (warnings were in effect) and there's no way the wife and kid were going to do more than the 2.15 miles we did. Good for them.

I adjusted and rather than running at 10:00 (LSD pace) I tried to run them at my goal pace (9:00) or a little faster. Into the wind the first mile I got 4:24 and 4:23 800s. I closed with a pair of 4:19 800s downwind (there was some protection in parts, so it wasn't terrible).

I'm really happy with this run today. It didn't feel super stressful. I feel like I could have maintained this pace (8:39 or so) for a 5K.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/154268062

http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/13312724

Originally Posted by stealthduffer

Erik - as a recovering marathoner I can say that sometimes the effort to run in bad/unpleasant conditions says a lot about your dedication and devotion.Β  Of course, everyone just thought I was crazy....

Two marathons cured me...and everyone already knows that I am crazy.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100Β 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S |Β Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro PlusΒ Β 

Yesterday (Sunday) 10 mile run at 1:15 then played 9 holes in a windy (15-25 mph) condition. Β At least it was warm.

Today, 45 minutes of upper body workout followed by 3 mile run and then 1 hour on the range working off the rust in my swing.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Yukari, you are in some kind of shape.Β  That is smokin 10 miles.Β  I know I particular slow but I ran the same and it took me 1:55.

Originally Posted by Yukari

Yesterday (Sunday) 10 mile run at 1:15 then played 9 holes in a windy (15-25 mph) condition. Β At least it was warm.

Today, 45 minutes of upper body workout followed by 3 mile run and then 1 hour on the range working off the rust in my swing.

Brian

• Administrator

3.15 miles of interval work in 27:55 I believe. Just ran around the neighborhood at lunch time. It was COLD.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

30 miles on the recumbant cycle and 3 games of 5on5 basketball (to 21).

I played 18 holes of golf in my head while pedaling. Turns out - I shot par

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*Β  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Thanks. Β But I used to be faster. Β Ran Philly's Broad street run (10 miles) for 5 years when I lived in King of Prussia area. Β My fastest time was 1:01:45. Β Gotten slower now--relatively speaking. Β :-)

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer

Yukari, you are in some kind of shape.Β  That is smokin 10 miles.Β  I know I particular slow but I ran the same and it took me 1:55.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Dbl rack and hold with 3 dbl clean & push press every 30 seconds for 2 min (1 min rest, increase wgt every round) Β 44 was too much, backed down to 35s

Then me and a partner did as many rounds as possible in 20 min of....

15 dbl russian swings

10 dbl cleans

3 dbl squats

While the other partner holds plank.....

44s were rx, make it through 8.5 rounds

• Administrator

2.10 miles in 17:30 or so.
Ran a mile at the Y at a pace a *tiny* bit faster than I thought I could run a 5K. Turns out it clocked in at 8:16. That's pretty good (for me).
Then I took my shoes off and ran around, skipped, ran backwards for a lap or two, did knee lifts while running, and did one lap jumping with both feet together (the people playing basketball below no doubt thought I was nuts).
One of the barefooted laps I ran the straightaway at outright spring speed. I nearly crashed into the corner of the wall at the end because I barely made the turn. Barefoot running is great, but it doesn't offer the most traction, that's for sure! :)
Then after I'd changed back into my street shoes my DW wanted to race two laps (hence the additional 0.10), so I obliged.
Anyway, not bad for a rest day. (Was going to run around the neighborhood at lunchtime, but man it's still windy out.)
P.S. Forgot my watch at home. Had the foot pod and the HRM, but no watch. :) Timed myself on the iPod Nano again.
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/13406169

Renegade rows 4x12 (started w 62s, dropped to 53)

DBL DL 4x6

Then 1 min ON 1 min OFF (3 rounds) Β The following are target reps for the rx weight

30 Snatches (15 r+l)

30 American Swings

Pull over sit-ups ( active recovery, I didn't count and used a 35)

20 Burpees

53 lbs was the rx weight.

• Administrator

3.02 miles in 26:20 or so.
So warm today! 64 when I showed up. Also really, really, really windy, but I'll take that tradeoff on March 7 any time.
Just wanted to get three miles in. No real goal except to maintain a relatively steady pace. I feel that I succeeded at that. :)
Half mile splits were 4:24, 4:26, 4:18, 4:17, 4:23, 4:24
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/155843418

http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/13435444

Wow, 64 Erik. Β Cooler me jealous. Β It might make it to 40 today here!

Heavy day

1/2 TGU R+L 3x3 (62s)

Clean & Strict Press 3x3 (53s, 62)

Squat R+L 3x3 (62s, 70)

Snatches R+L 3x3 (70)

Kipping Pull ups 3x15 1 min rest in between

Farmers Lunges 3x6 (44s, 53)

6 laps of bottoms up farmers walk (35s) then immediately 1 min static hang. 3 sets.

Kinda missed posting some days. Β Took off wednesday due to schedule (appointments and had to play nine with my son who's on spring break!). Road cycling on thursday, 29 miles. Β Cycle trainer today. Β Been a hard week, recovering from some heavy duty workouts last week. Β Feeling better and ready to get back on track. Β Golf tomorrow with my son! Β I'm stoked. Β Workout can wait.

Β 

Elliptical 15 minutes to warm up

30 pushups

20 split leg squats each leg

10 pulldowns

10 shoulder presses

30 mountain runners (plank)

12 bicep curls

12 tricep cable pulldowns

12 rows

10 single leg dead lifts each leg

12 chest press

12 chest flies

10 pulldowns

10 shoulder presses

12 bicep curls

12 tricep cable pulldowns

12 rows

12 straight leg dead lifts

30 alternating lunges with twist (medicine ball)

Leg lifts

Stretch

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

• Administrator

4.17 miles, 39:01.
Beautiful day. Just the right temperature (~33 with little wind) and for the first time in awhile I dressed appropriately. :)
Listened to a podcast and tried to keep the pace around 9:30. I've given up on trying to do these LSDs at 10:00 to 11:00. That's just too slow and/or 4 miles isn't enough to count as an LSD (I know). I just don't ever really plan to run very far - I still haven't signed up for a race yet. I'm mostly doing this to stay a little more fit than I have been.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/156528327
http://www.dailymile.com/people/iacas/entries/13493740