IGNORED

Chevron World Challenge 2011 Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Chevron won't be back as a sponsor.

Quote:

"Chevron has decided not to renew its title sponsorship of the tournament that Woods hosts at Sherwood Country Club to benefit his foundation. The company had been the title sponsor for four years."

http://www.golf.com/ap-news/chevron-exits-sponsor-tiger-woods-event

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by sonicblue

I'm an 8-9 handicap, and I'll card a low round and realize, if I want to get to a 3, 4 or 5-ish, I have to card a low round again to really move my index,

Sounds like you are calling your handicap your lowest ever score.

A 9 would pretty much have to have half of their next 20 rounds playing to 3 to get to 3.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Just to clarify, I was having a bit of fun. I don't think anybody in their right mind thinks Zach allowed Tiger to win. You just have to see Zach's reaction to the missed putt on 17 to know he wanted to win just as much as Tiger.

NIce to know that you can change your mind in light of popular opinion and use the pathetic "I was joking" defense. How convenient.

You clearly weren't jokinhg and fifteen multiquotes are not needed to prove it.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Effort to straighten out the path.  Tiger tends to stay closed for too long on the downswing, path too far out to the right.  This new feel helps things and at least give him a pattern and takes out the big miss left which he fears.

I swing my driver flat like a baseball bat before I make my real swing to stop coming over the top.

Work 50% of the time, except there's only a 30% chance of that

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by makaveli

Sure guys, you can all think it's is ridiculous, I really don't care, that was the feeling I had watching at ZJ birdie putt and also his reaction to Tiger's birdie! ;)

Tiger isn't a charity case.  He has won more than anyone currently on tour and has won in dramatic fashion while  "players" have had to watch him sink putts in their face and beat them.

There is no way in HELL Zach or any other player for that maatter will let him "win."  Actually in fact, considering how much Tiger has won beat everyone consistently in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if most want stick it to him.

You are delusional.

• Upvote 3

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Shorty

NIce to know that you can change your mind in light of popular opinion and use the pathetic "I was joking" defense. How convenient.

I was joking, but obviously it wasn't clear enough. The next time I am joking, I will add I AM JOKING to the end of my post for the benefit of others.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by deasy55

Tiger posted it on twitter, in case anyone thinks I've gone nuts.

Haha! He hasn't lost his cockiness, I see.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Thanks again Officer Shorty for defusing the situation and trying to correct someone else. Shouldn't you be be hitting balls somewhere or maybe exercising to get into form for your quest to reach the seniors tour???? If you practice like you talk you will be on tv very very soon.I would rest those old fingers for a week and stop typing so your fingers dont tighten up when you try to hit a clutch shot to qualify or make the cut.

why was tiger making such exagerated cut practice swings?  it seemed like 95% of his shots he was trying to cut.  does he think this is better?  is this a new thing sean has him doing?

HIs path has been pretty drastically out to the right, he's trying to overdue it while practicing. [quote name="deasy55" url="/t/54475/chevron-world-challenge-2011-thread/162#post_664915"] Don't call it a comeback I been here for years Rockin' my peers Puttin' suckers in fear   :-) [/quote] [S]Oh c'mon, Tiger posted that video on Twitter! :-D[/S] Didn't realize you already commented above.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Golfz

This is just one tournament. By mid season next year, only then can you make judgements on whether he is back or not. That's just my opinion.

Yeah, let's forget about how he played in Australia too

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Sounds like you are calling your handicap your lowest ever score.

A 9 would pretty much have to have half of their next 20 rounds playing to 3 to get to 3.

Not what I was saying at all.  I know the calculation well.  What any one, or two, etc..., scores will do to a handicap, is varied, and entirely dependent on what scores are already in the calculation, and when they were posted.  My point simply was, someone with an established handicap isn't likely to move their index very much with one good round.  If you're trying to get better (i.e., lower your index, from wherever it is), you'll need to shoot better than it, and then do it again, and probably again....

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Not what I was saying at all.  I know the calculation well.  What any one, or two, etc..., scores will do to a handicap, is varied, and entirely dependent on what scores are already in the calculation, and when they were posted.  My point simply was, someone with an established handicap isn't likely to move their index very much with one good round.  If you're trying to get better (i.e., lower your index, from wherever it is), you'll need to shoot better than it, and then do it again, and probably again....

No.

You'll CERTAINLY have to do it again and then do it on average HALF the time. Not once and maybe once again. I'm talking about a correctly maintained handicap.

I understood what you meant sonicblue

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Originally Posted by makaveli

Sure guys, you can all think it's is ridiculous, I really don't care, that was the feeling I had watching at ZJ birdie putt and also his reaction to Tiger's birdie! ;)

The sad thing is that you don't recognize that you feeling that way and then expressing that feeling reflects poorly on you and no one else.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 4523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!