IGNORED

Chevron World Challenge 2011 Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by franky21

I am pretty upset that it was merged because my thread never got a chance to develop.I put alot of time on this site to write great threats that get people really going so when my thread isnt given a chance it is like a slap in the face.

You really do make me laugh.  Love the way you "lure people in" with threads that you spend so much time composing.

Your threads cover tantalising and fascinating topics such as:

Is Tiger back?

2012 will be interesting.

Tiger might well be back.

Tiger made a couple of putts.

Can't wait for 2012.

Tiger hit a stinger today.

Tiger has had a rough couple of years.

Golf will be better with Tiger at peak form.

Tiger is great to watch when he's in form.

Tiger is better than everyone else when he's healthy.

I wonder if Tiger's swing changes are holding him back.

We know all this. Best to merge these mundane ideas into one boring thread.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I didn't see the Stinger thread.

There should have been a separate thread about Tiger's broken shoe lace - were can I get Tour Issue Nike laces?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by dolfinack

Nice win over 17 people :)

Hope he starts to play more like the entertaining golfer of a few years back, hitting crazy wild shots and crazy recovery shots. That was fun. But I just hate the thought of reading what those sycophantic idiots in the press will have to say about this. Makes me feel ill to read their brown-nosing!

Why are you talking about Rory in a thread about Tiger?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was just my feeling when I saw Zack last putt, he knew it was really important for Tiger to win his event and since it was not that important, maybe he just let him win... dunno, but anyway, great to see Tiger win again!

Originally Posted by iacas

I don't know that you could say much worse about a golfer than that. Get real. You may as well accuse the guy of cheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinack View Post

Nice win over 17 people :)

Hope he starts to play more like the entertaining golfer of a few years back, hitting crazy wild shots and crazy recovery shots. That was fun. But I just hate the thought of reading what those sycophantic idiots in the press will have to say about this. Makes me feel ill to read their brown-nosing!

Originally Posted by turtleback

Why are you talking about Rory in a thread about Tiger?

I know what you mean, comparisons between bum-kissing journos could be drawn with respect to all players at some point in time or other. For McIlroy it was obviously after June. But Tiger gets it 12 months a year even when playing at his worst (which he has clearly put behind him).

Also I think you're referring to the Nedbank money-grab, which Westwood won. McIlroy won the Hong Kong Open, a full Euro tour event.

It was a fascinating final two rounds and more engaging than the Nedbank Challenge, tbh (after G-Mac's challenge faded) - the excitement of that was all on Saturday and Lee's fantastic 62.

It was a good win by Tiger, no doubt about it - not least because he actually came back from a deficit after R3, having lost a 3-stroke lead. When did we last see that? Kudos to Johnson - he played very well. Also to Paul Casey to climb back from dead last and umpteen shots behind to finish solo third.

One thing I am pzzled about, though. How on earth did winning this event lead to a 30-place leap in the OGWR? And not as if from 420th to 390th, say, but within the Top 50...

Strange, and thinking about it gives me a headache...

Originally Posted by dolfinack

Also I think you're referring to the Nedbank money-grab, which Westwood won. McIlroy won the Hong Kong Open, a full Euro tour event.

I think the joke went over your head there.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by makaveli

It was just my feeling when I saw Zack last putt, he knew it was really important for Tiger to win his event and since it was not that important, maybe he just let him win... dunno, but anyway, great to see Tiger win again!

Wow! A conspiracy theory. I like it.

I can see the headline now: Due to dwindling viewership and the subsequent economic issues facing the PGA Tour, Zach Johnson ordered to throw the Chevron Challenge in order to allow Tiger Woods to win!

• Upvote 1

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

• Administrator

To the claims of "forum policing," we plead guilty and are given the lesser charge of "moderating." But guess what? We're the judge, too. So the sentence is: nothing, and this will be immediately expunged from the record. :-P

Franky, as Shorty pointed out, all you ever want to talk about is Tiger. You routinely create new threads to talk about Tiger. You claim that your thread was about 2012 and moving forward, but it was not. Your entire first post talked about Tiger's win today, not the future or what it may or may not mean. Only later in the thread did you even say the word "2012" and that was in reference to Westwood and Rory joining the PGA Tour. So no, your thread was not about Tiger moving forward in 2012. It was about his win at Chevron, in "dramatic fashion," and so it was merged. Typically, players don't get a separate thread for their "win" when that's the topic.

If someone wants to start a thread about what this win means for Tiger going forward, be my guest... so long as it doesn't already exist somewhere.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No man, is not a conspiracy! :D I looked at ZJ putt for birdie at the 18 and he didn't seem to put a lot of effort in holing it... imho

On the other side Tiger holed his birdie which was excellent!

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Wow! A conspiracy theory. I like it.

I can see the headline now: Due to dwindling viewership and the subsequent economic issues facing the PGA Tour, Zach Johnson ordered to throw the Chevron Challenge in order to allow Tiger Woods to win!

Originally Posted by iacas

To the claims of "forum policing," we plead guilty and are given the lesser charge of "moderating." But guess what? We're the judge, too. So the sentence is: nothing, and this will be immediately expunged from the record. :-P

Franky, as Shorty pointed out, all you ever want to talk about is Tiger. You routinely create new threads to talk about Tiger. You claim that your thread was about 2012 and moving forward, but it was not. Your entire first post talked about Tiger's win today, not the future or what it may or may not mean. Only later in the thread did you even say the word "2012" and that was in reference to Westwood and Rory joining the PGA Tour. So no, your thread was not about Tiger moving forward in 2012. It was about his win at Chevron, in "dramatic fashion," and so it was merged. Typically, players don't get a separate thread for their "win" when that's the topic.

If someone wants to start a thread about what this win means for Tiger going forward, be my guest... so long as it doesn't already exist somewhere.

New thread started.

After Tiger's approach on 18, I couldn't help but get a feeling of deja vu from last year.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Honestly i honestly Couples should get some credit because picking him for the presidents cup and demanding that he competes in two events helped him. He played well for the presidents cup and was put in the second to last group and really put the heat on Aaron Baddeley.That confidence he got from that just carried to the Chevron.

No man, is not a conspiracy! :D I looked at ZJ putt for birdie at the 18 and he didn't seem to put a lot of effort in holing it... imho

Originally Posted by bplewis24

After Tiger's approach on 18, I couldn't help but get a feeling of deja vu from last year.

I felt a little more confident just for the reason that he sunk 17 which was the harder of the two putts. Last year was Graeme just really stickked it to him and putting the icing on the cake to his magical season.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yeah, I know just what you meant. Except I feared Zach would make and Tiger would have more than a tap-in (i.e. like the first playoff hole, not the 72nd) and miss.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lets not blow smoke up his arse just yet, He still failed to hit his driver on the fairway. I like watching Tiger play well as much as the next guy, but how is he going to go on courses where you can't just hit irons off the tee to maximise your scoring potential? Maybe he might change his game plan by hitting a lot more irons/3 woods off the tee and giving himself a chance from the fairway, albeit a bit further back than most guys. I mean he can still hit his 2 iron like 250-260 yards right?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

As I said before, me on the other side think that Couples has been pretty lucky Tiger (sort of) found his game the week before the Pres Cup... a 2011 PGA Champ Tiger playing the Pres Cup would not have been so entertaining to see imho

But what has this to do with my post?!?

Originally Posted by franky21

Honestly i honestly Couples should get some credit because picking him for the presidents cup and demanding that he competes in two events helped him. He played well for the presidents cup and was put in the second to last group and really put the heat on Aaron Baddeley.That confidence he got from that just carried to the Chevron.

Do you really think Johnson threw away $550,000 just so Tiger could win because he needed one? Nobody is going to do that.

facepalm23.jpg

Quote:

Congrats Tiger! I just have this feeling Zack just didn't try to hole the last putt...

We will see how the 2012 goes, it's always good to have Tiger back, he was becoming pathetic imho

Note: This thread is 4523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!